Morse better be careful, Dane Jackson is willing to play Center.

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The was like the number 1 thing I hated about McKelvin, the dude would just be oblivious to other parts of the field at times. 

Yes, but McKelvin stayed in the league for a decade....he was a pro for sure.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Stranded in Boston said:

I just watched a Dane Jackson highlight reel. I don't think it included a single PD -- but man, can this kid tackle, or what! OK, it was highlights, but every tackle in the reel was picture-perfect, wrapping up legs, even in open field. Reminds me of Antoine Winfield in that respect. He should make a good special teams cover guy, if nothing else.

Just watched it too. You're not kidding! Every one was a text book tackle in this new era of tackling rules. Even Winfield would be impressed. Good old fashioned tackles with no BS show boating. Hope he makes team.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

guessing this is posted somewhere. He looks just like some of the other nickel depth corners that have done nice work in this scheme. 

Highlights show great open field tackler, attacks ball carrier,  instinctive, solid in run support. 

When the highlight reel shows all open field tackles and almost no pass defenses or interceptions, you know that they guy is a special teams prospect all the way.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, vincec said:

When the highlight reel shows all open field tackles and almost no pass defenses or interceptions, you know that they guy is a special teams prospect all the way.

Not necessarily. Teams didn’t throw his way much. He was a good cover corner. He even played well against Davis and Higgins. 

4 hours ago, vincec said:

I think your right... and McDermotts scheme is to have a group of dbs in zone that drop To a spot, read and then attack. Basically they are smaller guys that play like Zone linebackers. 

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

guessing this is posted somewhere. He looks just like some of the other nickel depth corners that have done nice work in this scheme. 

Highlights show great open field tackler, attacks ball carrier,  instinctive, solid in run support. 

Thanks Over 29 years of fandom for posting this highlight video! Holy smokes, this kid hits like a Mack truck! Just about every tackle he dropped them dead in tracks! Forget about being a CB, load Jackson up on some protein to gain 20 lbs and this kid is a S, a SS at that!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Thanks Over 29 years of fandom for posting this highlight video! Holy smokes, this kid hits like a Mack truck! Just about every tackle he dropped them dead in tracks! Forget about being a CB, load Jackson up on some protein to gain 20 lbs and this kid is a S, a SS at that!

Yeah, closes and wraps. I think he will be depth that looks like the guy he replaced... whenever it’s needed