Morse better be careful, Dane Jackson is willing to play Center.

Haha, love this kid’s attitude! He says he’s willing to do whatever to help the team, even if he has to play Ccnter! Lol! Check out around the 5:30 mark, he’s ready to go.

Bills Mobile: Dane Jackson: "Play Aggressive Force Turnovers"

FWIW, my uncle who played college football at Colgate (DL) and has been a Pitt Panthers season ticket holder for more than 2 decades texted me after the pick.  He told me that Dane Jackson, in his opinion, was the steal of the draft and is a “lock down” corner.  He said that he thinks Dane fell so far because he played on such a ***** team.  He was hoping his Steelers would select him.

• Like (+1) 14

I like his coverage skills and his tackling. He needs to learn to turn his head around and track the ball better. If he doesn’t he’s going to get called for a lot of PI. I thought he played really well against Clemson in 18’ , so if he can hold his own against Lawrence, I like his chances.  

29 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

FWIW, my uncle who played college football at Colgate (DL) and has been a Pitt Panthers season ticket holder for more than 2 decades texted me after the pick.  He told me that Dane Jackson, in his opinion, was the steal of the draft and is a “lock down” corner.  He said that he thinks Dane fell so far because he played on such a ***** team.  He was hoping his Steelers would select him.

I noticed quite a few snaps of his, they don’t even throw his way. That’s a pretty good sign. It’s not his fault if other teams are roasting other parts of the field that isn’t his responsibility. 

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I like his coverage skills and his tackling. He needs to learn to turn his head around and track the ball better. If he doesn’t he’s going to get called for a lot of PI. I thought he played really well against Clemson in 18’ , so if he can hold his own against Lawrence, I like his chances.  

I noticed quite a few snaps of his, they don’t even throw his way. That’s a pretty good sign. It’s not his fault if other teams are roasting other parts of the field that isn’t his responsibility. 

I read this and thought McKelvin 2.0.

Edited by The Jokeman

I just watched a Dane Jackson highlight reel. I don't think it included a single PD -- but man, can this kid tackle, or what! OK, it was highlights, but every tackle in the reel was picture-perfect, wrapping up legs, even in open field. Reminds me of Antoine Winfield in that respect. He should make a good special teams cover guy, if nothing else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

guessing this is posted somewhere. He looks just like some of the other nickel depth corners that have done nice work in this scheme. 

Highlights show great open field tackler, attacks ball carrier,  instinctive, solid in run support. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

My uncle also mentioned this.  He didn’t show up a lot in games because teams just stopped throwing in his direction.  He also said he is a very good tackler.  Aggressive.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My uncle also mentioned this.  He didn’t show up a lot in games because teams just stopped throwing in his direction.  He also said he is a very good tackler.  Aggressive.

Very good tackler. His coverage style, ball skills, and tackling seriously remind of McKelvin. Just not quite as fast as he is. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

A friend of mine that is a Pitt grad and follows their football program told me similar things about Jackson today.  He's a tough kid with excellent coverage skills and is not a head case.  It all sounds like what we are beginning to expect from Beane's selections.  I guess we'll see how it plays out in camp.

Dane Jackson is also 5'11 180lbs.  I don't doubt his college record, but am skeptical he can repeat this in the pros; I say that just because the talent jump from college to professional.  At the least, he will need to add some muscle mass.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Ball skills like McKelvin?  Not exactly a ringing endorsement....

It’s not, but that’s who Dane reminds me of. Especially his coverage and tackling style. He’s aggressive and is probably going to get PI just like him. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Dane Jackson is also 5'11 180lbs.  I don't doubt his college record, but am skeptical he can repeat this in the pros; I say that just because the talent jump from college to professional.  At the least, he will need to add some muscle mass.

5’11 180lbs, just like McKelvin. Just slower lol 

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s not, but that’s who Dane reminds me of. Especially his coverage and tackling style. He’s aggressive and is probably going to get PI just like him. 

5’11 180lbs, just like McKelvin. Just slower lol 

I just hope he's smarter and has better situational awareness than McKelvin.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I just hope he's smarter and has better situational awareness than McKelvin.

He has shown pretty good football IQ on a lot of the clips I’ve seen, peeling off his man on anticipation. A lot of times McKelvin would follow his man down the field even if the play went elsewhere. 

• Thank you (+1) 1