Nothing is more important than helping Allen right now

Tesla03

4 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

We are perfectly fine on defense. invested tons of money and effort into improving the defense in the last 2 years. 

Next year is all about Josh Allen. We need to do whatever we can in this draft to help him develop. nothing else really matters right now. if that means getting him another WR threat, or backup RB to take the pressure off, or even a OL guy so he isn't running for his life every time the opponent sends an extra man. 

we had a SB contending defense last season and what happened? we got bounced in the 1st round because we couldn't score a single point in the 2nd half other than the game tying field goal, and couldn't score in OT. 

That’s it? Stop by, drop trou, relieve yourself and move on? 

Thats not how it’s done around here. 

You wanna make a turd-stirring thread, you stick around and handle the onslaught.

You have 2 hours to return to the scene of this crime or it gets flushed.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

We are perfectly fine on defense. invested tons of money and effort into improving the defense in the last 2 years. 

Next year is all about Josh Allen. We need to do whatever we can in this draft to help him develop. nothing else really matters right now. if that means getting him another WR threat, or backup RB to take the pressure off, or even a OL guy so he isn't running for his life every time the opponent sends an extra man. 

we had a SB contending defense last season and what happened? we got bounced in the 1st round because we couldn't score a single point in the 2nd half other than the game tying field goal, and couldn't score in OT. 

We just used a 1st round pick and more to get Allen ( IMO ) a top 10 WR . Now with the 2nd round pick if we can get a starter on defense or at least someone who will get 50% of snaps , or a 4th WR who will probably be on ST and few plays here and there , I think it’s a no brainer !!!

GOOO BILLS !!!!!

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Completely agree. A young qbs 3rd year is vital. He absolutely cannot take even a small step backwards and Beane has to do everything imaginable to ensure boosting this offense. The Diggs trade will be amazing but there are still some pieces that need to be finished. Devin will require a stud RB2. Knox will need a TE2 better than the mediocre 4 of Kroft, Croom, Sweeney and Lee "hot mess" Smith. Brown & Beasley are quickly approaching 30. We must pick a wr by 86. Maybe we can land at least 2 of these 3 needs. But if we didn't pick up even one more defensive player, WE'D STILL HAVE A TOP 5 DEFENSE!

Agree that this is a big year for Allen. Year 3 is usually when QB's "get it". The problem is this wont be a normal offseason. Most likely no OTA's, mini-camp, rookie camp. With practice time reduced I hope this won't hurt JA going into year 3. All of these draft picks will have a tough time get ready and making meaningful contributions for their teams at the start. Good thing the Bills roster is set so whoever we draft can be eased into the season as opposed to say the Bengals Burrow. He plays the hardest position and is already the face of their franchise. Good luck in learning the offense (systems, schemes) developing chemistry with your teammates with very little practice time.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

They did help him. They used their 1st pick and more to get him Stefon Diggs. 

By Beane saying “we need to score more points” I would like to think that would amount to more than one (1) additional scoring option for the offense, as constructed presently the offense could stand one or two more  scoring options. If indeed “scoring more points” is a goal for the team, jmo. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

Do you ever notice how teams like Baltimore sit there in the 20s every draft, and watch highly rated players (this year it was linebacker Patrick Queen) just fall into their laps?  The reason why?  Because they usually go into the draft without any glaring needs.

I've been waiting SO LONG for the Bills to reach this point.  Where they aren't forced to target a WR or a CB or an OT, and they can just let the talent drop to them.

There are places on the roster that could use better depth, but nothing glaring that we need to freak-out if they go somewhere else.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

By Beane saying “we need to score more points” I would like to think would amount to more than one (1) additional scoring option for the offense, as constructed presently the offense could stand one or two more  scoring options. If indeed “scoring more points” is a goal for the team, jmo. 

Go Bills!!!

Would love to see them add another playmaker on offense to go along with Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Singletary. Beane really has done a good job in getting help for Allen. I would expect that continues tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

Would love to see them add another playmaker on offense to go along with Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Singletary. Beane really has done a good job in getting help for Allen. I would expect that continues tonight.

Agree, ?

Go Bills!!!

Is it really more important to help Allen than it is to improve the team?  There is a huge case to be made that getting a good future DE is more important overall than the short term boost of getting an RB/WR.  

If you give the new DC his choice at 54 and tell him his budget for 2021 is 10 million less, it is on him to find one that will replace either Hughes/Addison or Murphy.  The new DC Washington has a choice of T Lewis/Uche/Weaver.  Good luck to him.

Pick up the RB with the round 3 or preferably move up from round 4.  Get another good one like Singletary.  If they play it too tight and miss, give out a 6th and pay Fournette 4 mill for a year or pick up Hyde/Freeman.  None of those guys are 10 million dollar assets.

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Perhaps you misunderstood my point. I don’t have a problem with adding more weapons on offense, in fact I’m all for it. What I’m saying is that there is currently enough talent on offense that would allow Allen to prove he’s a franchise QB. There are no real glaring holes that should holding him back like years past.

I would agree that there are no glaring holes but the O line does need some love. I believe RB can be addressed in late rounds or with a free agent. 

2 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

We’re taking Kyle Dugger. Just accept it now lol.

Would not be a bad pick in my opinion.