KFC in Texas Greets PETA With Sprinklers

There's a world of difference between being a vegetarian, and being a proselytizing obnoxious member of PETA...

308425[/snapback]

That is a fact. But that doesn't mean that you're a hypocrite if you don't follow the farthest logical extremes of a philosophy. I never understood that argument - I don't tell other people what to do, nor do I think people who eat meat are "bad people." I try as hard as I can to be consistent, but it's tough - I just learned recently, for example, that gelatin consists of ground-up animal hooves. Was I a hypocrite when I ate it, before I found this out? I don't think so. You do your best in this world. I for one think it's fine for someone to switch to a non-meat meal once a day, even once a week - every time you do that, you're sparing a life, which is good enough in my book. My point in this thread was not to judge others for eating meat - I don't think that makes you a bad Bills fan, let alone a bad person. I DO think, however, that there are lines to be drawn - what KFC does to animals, regardless of what you think chickens deserve - is criminal. There is no excuse for it, THAT is black and white as far as I'm concerned. And I'd ask you not to support it, despite the fact that it is your unqualified right to do so.

Also, there is nothing "macho" about eating meat, despite what many of you like to think. I guarantee I have bigger rocks than those of you hardasses who get off on the fact that you can eat a dead animal from a fast food joint. Not to mention the fact that you supposed bad-asses would be cringing and moaning if it were puppies that were being treated like the KFC chickens. I don't know how some people make these distinctions, deciding what level of intelligent life is the cutoff for vile torture and pain - I certainly don't feel comfortable making that call. And I can tell you also that cows and pigs are intelligent, sensitive animals, much like dogs. Deer have familial attachments. Say nothing of dolphin innocently caught in tuna nets - those are especially intelligent, sensitive and life-affirming beings. Life is life - have some respect. I'm not telling anyone not to eat meat, I only ask that you treat life with the sanctity and respect that it deserves. I'll never understand the "Earth is here for our benefit"/"it was meant to taste good"/"it's dumber than we are so it deserves this fate" reasoning. It's the kind of lack of respect for God's earth that will lead to humanity's undoing some day.

Alright, sorry for the polemicizing. Go Bills. (And yes I miss chicken wings - who wouldn't? But sacrifice is part of the honorable life.)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a world of difference between being a vegetarian, and being a proselytizing obnoxious member of PETA...

308425[/snapback]

i've dated a couple vegans and even a PETA chick.

the veg chicks were for the most part cool with me eating meat. tho one tended to lose her appetite when i'd order a blood red steak

the PETA chick :w00t:;);) didn't last long

i've dated a couple vegans and even a PETA chick.

the veg chicks were for the most part cool with me eating meat.  tho one tended to lose her appetite when i'd order a blood red steak

the PETA chick  :w00t:  ;)  ;) didn't last long

308443[/snapback]

So, did she eat meat? :w00t:

what KFC does to animals, regardless of what you think chickens deserve - is criminal.

LOL, What KFC does to animals? KFC doesn't raise their own chickens, and there are no McDonald's cattle ranches. They're just good at marketing a product you don't want people to buy.

this IS a very ignorant comment

lol you sir, need to do some reading and stop making jokes

308350[/snapback]

huh? I saw a bumper sticker that cracked me up and posted it. Get off the retard rollercoaster already!

It's the kind of lack of respect for God's earth that will lead to humanity's undoing some day.

308440[/snapback]

For the most part, I'm very reflexively anti-PC. Particularly when it comes to these animal-rights nitwits. Animals do not have rights. To argue such is ludicrous.

However, God in giving man free will, also gave stewardship over the earth, and the beasts of the field. That means while we have dominion, it still is against the will of God to be unnecessarily cruel. For instance, the guy barbequeing kittens on his char-broil... if anyone ever deserved the James Byrd Jr method of leaving this mortal coil, that's the guy.

I'd have to say my personal philosophy possibly resembles your own. There is such a thing as absolute right and absolute wrong in the world, no matter how many dingbat progressives or ends-justify-the-means conservatives argue otherwise.

I am put off by the ELF/PETA cartel simply because the non-psychotics among them are clueless, trendy airheads trying be be cutting edge. The technical term would be: 'poseurs'. For their ilk, derision is quite the handy tool. As are the sprinklers.

People are omnivores. We are meant to eat meat and veggies.

Carnivores have short GI tracts, herbivores have long ones. Ours are in the middle.

Also we have grinding (molars) and cutting (incisors and canines) teeth.

If they weren't meant to be eaten...they wouldn't be food......Our big brains are the result of hunting...High protein diets by our ancestors have created the humans we are today. Don't you people watch the Discovery channel? :w00t:

I simply love throwing out the plastic tubs that are "5" rated.

Those "1" and "2" rated containers are such a fuss to recycle.

5's are definitely more fun.

I love them.

I wonder how many eons in Purgatory I'll have to spend for making a mountain out of our landfill.

Mt. Namker, has a nice ring to it.

Come to think of it, I wonder if KFC gets their chickens in them. :w00t:

By the way, I think KFC is nasty - and not for the tree-huggin reasons already listed. It's just a bad recipe. Why do you think they give you a bucket?

Maybe that's why Rusty Jones is no longer the S&C coach at OBD. Cheeseburgers are in, baby!

Cheeseburgers!

If they weren't meant to be eaten...they wouldn't be food......Our big brains are the result of hunting...High protein diets by our ancestors have created the humans we are today. Don't you people watch the Discovery channel?  :w00t:

308631[/snapback]

And corn subsidies by the Fed government is the reason our cattle are pumped full of crappy chemicals, and the reason fast food is so cheap, which in turn help explain a rise in cancer rates and obesity. Your argument doesn't dispute what I'm saying, which is twofold: (i) have some respect for the animals you eat, and (ii) avoid fast-food products like KFC, in favor of kosher/organic meats. You'll be doing yourself and the world a favor. I'm not saying "don't eat meat", and I'm DEFINITELY not supporting PETA - they're a bunch of psychos who care more about animal life than human life. But some of you can't fathom that there is a gray area in-between PETA and the NRA. Some of you like to write off the entire conservationist movement as a bunch of PETA/PC nut jobs - and you do that just because you don't want to consider the fact that there are seriously good arguments on that side. Challenge yourselves, just a bit, mkay?

(i) have some respect for the animals you eat, and

(ii) avoid fast-food products like KFC, in favor of kosher/organic meats.

You'll be doing yourself and the world a favor.  I'm not saying "don't eat meat", and I'm DEFINITELY not supporting PETA - they're a bunch of psychos who care more about animal life than human life.

No matter what you believe, that's pretty good advice.

That is a fact.  But that doesn't mean that you're a hypocrite if you don't follow the farthest logical extremes of a philosophy.  I never understood that argument - I don't tell other people what to do, nor do I think people who eat meat are "bad people."  I try as hard as I can to be consistent, but it's tough - I just learned recently, for example, that gelatin consists of ground-up animal hooves.  Was I a hypocrite when I ate it, before I found this out?  I don't think so.  You do your best in this world.  I for one think it's fine for someone to switch to a non-meat meal once a day, even once a week - every time you do that, you're sparing a life, which is good enough in my book.  My point in this thread was not to judge others for eating meat - I don't think that makes you a bad Bills fan, let alone a bad person.  I DO think, however, that there are lines to be drawn - what KFC does to animals, regardless of what you think chickens deserve - is criminal.  There is no excuse for it, THAT is black and white as far as I'm concerned.  And I'd ask you not to support it, despite the fact that it is your unqualified right to do so.

Also, there is nothing "macho" about eating meat, despite what many of you like to think.  I guarantee I have bigger rocks than those of you hardasses who get off on the fact that you can eat a dead animal from a fast food joint.  Not to mention the fact that you supposed bad-asses would be cringing and moaning if it were puppies that were being treated like the KFC chickens.  I don't know how some people make these distinctions, deciding what level of intelligent life is the cutoff for vile torture and pain - I certainly don't feel comfortable making that call.  And I can tell you also that cows and pigs are intelligent, sensitive animals, much like dogs.  Deer have familial attachments.  Say nothing of dolphin innocently caught in tuna nets - those are especially intelligent, sensitive and life-affirming beings.  Life is life - have some respect.  I'm not telling anyone not to eat meat, I only ask that you treat life with the sanctity and respect that it deserves.  I'll never understand the "Earth is here for our benefit"/"it was meant to taste good"/"it's dumber than we are so it deserves this fate" reasoning.  It's the kind of lack of respect for God's earth that will lead to humanity's undoing some day.

Alright, sorry for the polemicizing.  Go Bills.  (And yes I miss chicken wings - who wouldn't?  But sacrifice is part of the honorable life.)

308440[/snapback]

All this from a guy with an avatar of a fat man eating a 4 lb. burger.... :w00t:

Yeah right, I suppose when you go you wouldn't mind dying getting flayed alive in front of your family, or boiled alive... death is death. I bet you would have been real stoic, a real tough guy, in a Bosnian refugee camp.

308359[/snapback]

well, that would suck. but most peope dont care if you kill somethign as long as its in a peacefull way. im just saying that it doesnt matter if they die in a piecefull way... your still killing it.

and with all the ethics and "religious people" out there most dont care about dropping bombs or sticking a needle in a guys arm, as long as they eather dont see the guy die, or make it look like hes going to sleep.

if you dont want us to hurt to nice little chickens, then you should fight for us to stop killing them, not just treat them nice befor we kill them.

dead is dead. i just think killing something is a bigger deal then how you treat it while its alive. hurt and alive is better than happy and dead.

also: nothing will keep me from eating meat. and if you stick a vegetarian in the woods with no food, after a week he will be killin every animal he can find.