OT - Have it on decent authority that NYS will be making an announcement today that all NYS schools will be closing...

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, teef said:

That’s what they’re doing here now too.   If the district closes, the local daycares close. I don’t think it’s mandated, but it’s what many are choosing to do. 

One district in Rochester just closed.  Apparently an infected woman was in one of the schools. 

It makes sense. The only way to slow this down other then washing your hands is social distancing. Social distancing should be stressed as much as hand washing is. 

Just now, Jrb1979 said:

It makes sense. The only way to slow this down other then washing your hands is social distancing. Social distancing should be stressed as much as hand washing is. 

Agreed.  Other than the stores,  most places seem to be about half as full as they usually are. I took my kids to their morning activities today, but I think this is it. 

26 minutes ago, teef said:

Agreed.  Other than the stores,  most places seem to be about half as full as they usually are. I took my kids to their morning activities today, but I think this is it. 

And the stores are freakin’ ZOOs! Wife went shopping today in an attempt to stock up on everything -no, not tp. Lines out the door! It was a cesspool of bacteria!

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, teef said:

That’s what they’re doing here now too.   If the district closes, the local daycares close. I don’t think it’s mandated, but it’s what many are choosing to do. 

One district in Rochester just closed.  Apparently an infected woman was in one of the schools. 

Which school district?  We are in Rush-Henrietta.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If anyone has any toilet paper to spare, even a square, please PM me.  I’m about to start using my early 90’s AFC championship t-shirts to wipe my back side.  No TP within 30 miles of me.

Check Amazon.  I had to get some from there as all weggies are out

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

And the stores are freakin’ ZOOs! Wife went shopping today in an attempt to stock up on everything -no, not tp. Lines out the door! It was a cesspool of bacteria!

...went this morning and it was pure insanity......door greeter said, "if you think THIS is bad, you should have been here yesterday"......brawls at Sams and Costco in Georgia over products......co-workers with college students are picking them up this weekend as dorms are closing with classes shifting to on-line...I'm sure other Rochester districts will follow soon....I'm scheduled to take my kids and daughter-in-law to Aruba on the 22nd and we're monitoring the situation closely.....only two reported cases in Aruba as of today, but they have barred all European travelers...flying through JFK is somewhat of a concern though.....

10 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If anyone has any toilet paper to spare, even a square, please PM me.  I’m about to start using my early 90’s AFC championship t-shirts to wipe my back side.  No TP within 30 miles of me.

....I read that your basket of unmatched socks is an alternative source.........

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...went this morning and it was pure insanity......door greeter said, "if you think THIS is bad, you should have been here yesterday"......brawls at Sams and Costco in Georgia over products......co-workers with college students are picking them up this weekend as dorms are closing with classes shifting to on-line...I'm sure other Rochester districts will follow soon....I'm scheduled to take my kids and daughter-in-law to Aruba on the 22nd and we're monitoring the situation closely.....only two reported cases in Aruba as of today, but they have barred all European travelers...flying through JFK is somewhat of a concern though.....

I’d say you can fuggetaboutit. Try now to get refunds/reschedule.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Bjs here was brutal yesterday.  The cashier looked like she was run over by a car. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Kleenex  won't work (correction)  ,  a wet washcloth  then rinse out for one person as a last resort.

Edited by ALF

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Kleenex isn’t water soluble for flushing purposes

I never knew that , my bad

Valued for their soft texture, Kleenex and other facial tissues are at hand's reach in most homes. ... Facial tissues do not break down in water the same way toilet paper does. They should never be flushed down the toilet; flushed Kleenex can cause clogs and other serious plumbing issues.Jul 17, 2017

Edited by ALF

Schools, churches, public library all shut down here (north of Boston). 

If you want to see what is coming our way, look at Italy and some of Europe - they are 10-14 days ahead of us. Once people start to get sick and/or know others who are things are really going to close down rapidly. Sadly, Tuesday will see bars full of yahoos celebrating St. Patty's, a terrible decision.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

Schools, churches, public library all shut down here (north of Boston). 

If you want to see what is coming our way, look at Italy and some of Europe - they are 10-14 days ahead of us. Once people start to get sick and/or know others who are things are really going to close down rapidly. Sadly, Tuesday will see bars full of yahoos celebrating St. Patty's, a terrible decision.

During the Black Plague it turned into the Fall of Rome

Back in the old days before disposable diapers there was cotton cloth . Hold tight  while flushing  the toilet  to semi clean them , then hot water and bleach in the washing machine. Not to wear but use like toilet paper  (I'm old)

• Like (+1) 1