No fans allowed at NCAA tournaments.

Beast

12 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

Well, I had tickets to Albany. Time to make new plans.

I had planned to get to the Big East tournament in NYC starting tonight. I’m thrilled that didn’t happen. I’ll watch that and March Madness on TV this year, but it will be the strangest tournament ever with a critical element missing, like when NBC (I think) did a game without announcers. Just.....weird........though I prefer silence to listening to Booger.  :)

• Like (+1) 1

So far, the DIII sweet sixteen tournament game in Ashland VA is still on this Fri. & sold out. 
Hometown powerhouse Randolph Macon (28-2, 10th sweet sixteen) vs Yeshiva (29-1, 1st sweet sixteen). All that may change rather quickly as the 9th case of Covid19 in VA was positive for a teenager today in Ashland. 

btw - Brockport also in DIII sweet 16

Edited by Mr Info

53 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I don't agree with the move...at all. But hey, it's their millions of dollars that they will be losing!

I fully agree with the move. No sense in being reckless right now, and I commend them for putting safety above money. How often does the NCAA do the right thing? Major props here. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, Augie said:

I fully agree with the move. No sense in being reckless right now, and I commend them for putting safety above money. How often does ther NCAA do the right thing? Major props here. 

Absolutely! This was the smart thing to do. Pro leagues will be following suit soon. Stringent actions are required to get ahead of this. Especially because we were slow to move on this initially.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Absolutely! This was the smart thing to do. Pro leagues will be following suit soon. Stringent actions are required to get ahead of this. Especially because we were slow to move on this initially.

I think at least one NBA game has already declared no fans, maybe the Warriors? At least it’s not football season??? ?‍♂️

Just now, Augie said:

I think at least one NBA game has already declared no fans, maybe the Warriors? At least it’s not football season??? ?‍♂️

San Jose Sharks have said no fans until after March.

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

You are correct that the Warriors will be playing their upcoming games in an empty arena. It's interesting to note that Joseph Lacob, the owner of the Warriors, has an educational background in epidemiology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Lacob

• Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Second round games I attended were close to empty most years as the caravan accompanying a Kansas or Duke left the city one hour after the Thursday/Friday upset loss

Yeah. Whenever the tourney comes to Buffalo, my uncle goes downtown, watches the opening game at a bar, and finds someone in the losing team's gear, and gets a cheap if not free ticket for the rest of the weekend.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Yeah. Whenever the tourney comes to Buffalo, my uncle goes downtown, watches the opening game at a bar, and finds someone in the losing team's gear, and gets a cheap if not free ticket for the rest of the weekend.

a friend went to a dozen Championship Games in a row back in the day by waiting outside the stadium for the losing fans of the first Final Four game to practically give away their ticket

only person I knew who  visited Albuquerque, saw the Jimmy V upset win

29 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

That is a great strategy. Props to your uncle. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I fully agree with the move. No sense in being reckless right now, and I commend them for putting safety above money. How often does the NCAA do the right thing? Major props here. 

I think that Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Kia, Toyota, et al should stop selling vehicles in the interest of safety, because, ya know, you're WAY more likely to die in a car crash than you are from getting Covid-19. See what happens when we make safety the absolute #1 concern?

The reality is that MOST people who will get Covid-19 will easily get over it, and they may not even have any symptoms at all.

6 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I think that Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Kia, Toyota, et al should stop selling vehicles in the interest of safety, because, ya know, you're WAY more likely to die in a car crash than you are from getting Covid-19. See what happens when we make safety the absolute #1 concern?

The reality is that MOST people who will get Covid-19 will easily get over it, and they may not even have any symptoms at all.

Oh my.  And I though some of your football posts were troubling. 

• Haha (+1) 1