McMillion$

I’m hooked and have been since the beginning. Absolutely intrigued since I first read about this on Reddit several years ago. The colorful FBI agent has been my favorite so far. Hard not to play spoiler and talk more but this sh*t is getting good.

I think the most I ever won was a Big Mac lol 

• Like (+1) 1

The "colorful" FBI guy is interesting.  Sometimes I think he is hilarious and sometimes I think he is a douche.  I'm only through one episode but I plan on catching up and finishing it.  

I am most curious about seeing what punishments are doled out once they find guilty parties.  I remember all the Monopoly promos and commercials but until this series never heard about it being a scam or corrupt.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

I’m hooked and have been since the beginning. Absolutely intrigued since I first read about this on Reddit several years ago. The colorful FBI agent has been my favorite so far. Hard not to play spoiler and talk more but this sh*t is getting good.

I think the most I ever won was a Big Mac lol 

We pooled our pieces in our office and like you the most we ever got was free food. We needed to know "Uncle Jerry"

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

I saw this story once before.  I think it was on American Greed, but I can't remember what channel that is on.   This goes into way more detail and talks to individuals involved so it is much better.

6 hours vs 40 mins - one would hope it does that 

16 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Anybody watching McMillion$ on HBO?  Its about how the Monopoly Game that was scammed from 1989-2001 (if not watching). It's quite fascinating how the FBI worked on this. Only seen through episode 2/6 (a week behind) but good stuff.  

Watched episode 1. Didn’t know episode 2 is out there. I DVR’d it so that’s what I’ll watch tonight. Really interesting. Of course you like it because the FBI lead investigator is a bean counter. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Watched episode 1. Didn’t know episode 2 is out there. I DVR’d it so that’s what I’ll watch tonight. Really interesting. Of course you like it because the FBI lead investigator is a bean counter. ?

Fergs... episode 3 is out as I taped that after 2 ended on the DVR

They are airing one every Monday for 6 weeks. Episode 4 is on tomorrow. 

Based on who I talked to so far and read reviews online ......Seems like a docuseries you’re either really into or have zero interest at all. 

So far Wahlberg and company have exceeded my expectations. 

On 2/24/2020 at 1:29 AM, KD in CA said:

Nice idea, but too slow and way too much blathering from the FBI guy.  I was asleep less than 30 minutes in.  No way you need six hours to tell this story.

I thought this way at first but the last episode (4) changed my mind. It was the best episode so far and brought a whole new storyline. Overall the series is entertaining but I wouldn't classify it as great.

1 hour ago, Needle said:

I thought this way at first but the last episode (4) changed my mind. It was the best episode so far and brought a whole new storyline. Overall the series is entertaining but I wouldn't classify it as great.

Sounds like I should just jump ahead to episode 4!  :lol:

I recall a few years ago when everyone went nuts for the Making of a Murderer series.  Yeah, it was good, but by like the 6th episode it spent 80% of the time just repeating the same crap over and over.....just to drag it out to a full 'season'.   That one could have been told in 4 hours rather than 10 or 20 or whatever it was. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

So have watched the whole series, I'm still not sure who the "informant" was . Two were guessed on. Great Series if you HBO peeps are looking to fill sports time.

Huh?  They made it clear at the end.

On 2/22/2020 at 6:01 AM, IslandBillsFan said:

The "colorful" FBI guy is interesting.  Sometimes I think he is hilarious and sometimes I think he is a douche.  I'm only through one episode but I plan on catching up and finishing it.  

I am most curious about seeing what punishments are doled out once they find guilty parties.  I remember all the Monopoly promos and commercials but until this series never heard about it being a scam or corrupt.

Special Agent Matthews made this documentary watchable. 

On 2/24/2020 at 12:29 AM, KD in CA said:

Nice idea, but too slow and way too much blathering from the FBI guy.  I was asleep less than 30 minutes in.  No way you need six hours to tell this story.

Sleep? That is typically why I watch any TV/Video. Except on sundays in the fall!