​❤️​​❤️​​❤️​ Happy Valentine's Day ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​❤️​❤️​​❤️​

I had this conversation with a colleague and my best friend this morning.

Him:  What are you guys up to this weekend?

Me:  Not a lot but we're going to Ti Amo tonight.

Him:  Oh man, I've always wanted to go there.  What's the occasion? 

Me:  Uhhhhh dude....Valentine's Day?

Him:  Oh...

?

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

it just adds to the typical sea of red (traffic wise) around the NYC area right now. 

Ugh

One If By Land, Two if By Sea.  That is my fondest memory NYC restaurant. As trite as it sounds, Hubby and I got engaged there. It was ground zero for engagements, or it was 15 years ago. I cannot imagine what it will be like tonight. Flashes of diamonds everywhere, and people packed into every crevice.  

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

One If By Land, Two if By Sea.  That is my fondest memory NYC restaurant. As trite as it sounds, Hubby and I got engaged there. It was ground zero for engagements, or it was 15 years ago. I cannot imagine what it will be like tonight. Flashes of diamonds everywhere, and people packed into every crevice.  

It’s times like this I wish I was single.

?

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

LOL

I bought Hubby chocolates for Valentine's Day. The jerk put them on my desk. :censored:   He's only getting a card next year!

I botched the dealio. We don't exchange gifts anymore, mostly, and I figured that extended to Valentines Day.  My wife had a new coffee cup, some bite-sized snickers and a handwritten card telling me how lucky she is.  I had nothing except the knowledge that she is indeed lucky. 

So, I shot over to the last remaining record store in America to get her a CD she wanted.  37 years ago I'd have never thought that giving a gift of Eminem's "Music to be Murdered By" would get me out of the emotional dig house. 

Women are from Mars, I'm from Buffalo.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I botched the dealio. We don't exchange gifts anymore, mostly, and I figured that extended to Valentines Day.  My wife had a new coffee cup, some bite-sized snickers and a handwritten card telling me how lucky she is.  I had nothing except the knowledge that she is indeed lucky. 

So, I shot over to the last remaining record store in America to get her a CD she wanted.  37 years ago I'd have never thought that giving a gift of Eminem's "Music to be Murdered By" would get me out of the emotional dig house. 

Women are from Mars, I'm from Buffalo.

CD??

Did 1989 just call you?

?

8 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I fully expected this sort of scurrilous and unprovoked attack.  My wife is old school and to be fair they were out of 8 tracks. 

I bet you still have Beta.

and dial-up internet.

?

Edited by njbuff

The wife of a coworker lost her battle with cancer yesterday. I sent flowers using my corporate credit card. I forgot to get a receipt. I for the life of me I couldn’t find the confirm email. So I called today the get it. I was on hold forever.  Dudes....plan ahead ok. No more last minute flower orders. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1