They raise Girl Scouts smart in metro Chicago

JoeF

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I always run into boy scouts selling a bag of popcorn for $15 outside of Lowes.....Con artists. 

There is ZERO value in that! 

They need to be outside a dispensary and then it could be a bargain! Carmel covered might be a big hit! 

27 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Were you at least given a refund?

I honestly can’t remember.

25 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I always run into boy scouts selling a bag of popcorn for $15 outside of Lowes.....Con artists. 

That happened to me at Home Depot.  Kid told me it was $15 and all I could do was apologize for not wanting to buy it.  I felt bad.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, JoeF said:

They learned it from the GS in Colorado.  they're hacks 

13 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

A Girl Scout in Denver did this first and was ordered to move.  Damn cops.

lol I guess I should have read more than the OP  

14 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I honestly can’t remember.

That happened to me at Home Depot.  Kid told me it was $15 and all I could do was apologize for not wanting to buy it.  I felt bad.

It's mostly a donation, the popcorn is your consolation prize. It's our biggest fund raiser.

Some of our kids couldn't afford to go to camp if they didn't sell the popcorn.

Edited by Gary M

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I think this is sad.

My son is an Eagle Scout, started as a Tiger. He was in scouts a long time. While I can only speak to the scout troop he was in, I am not certain how there could have been widespread abuse.

When he was a Cub, a parent HAD to stay with the troop for meetings. A parent HAD to camp with them when they were older (last two years of cubs).

When he moved on to Boy Scouts, the scout leader was always looking for parents to go through the training and become assistant leaders. He finally talked my ex-husband into it. On camp-outs, parents were not only welcome, they were encouraged (nice was of saying begged to camp too).

IOW, parents were not only welcome, they were asked repeatedly to stick around and help out.

Where there is a will, there is a way, I am sure.  There very well could have been abused boys (in an organization this large that deals with children, it was probably sadly inevitable), or some could simply see this as a way to make a quick-buck. The cynic in me does not discount the later.

• Like (+1) 1