Our #1 need Is on a rebuilding Carolina Panthers team.

Conlan93

Our #1 need in a rebuilding Carolina   

119 members have voted

1. 1. Trade a 1st rd pick + mid rounder for Carolina's D.J Moore

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Conlan93 said:

He dosent score many Tds because of the presence of McCaffrey and we need a yac guy with size.

I could name multiple NFL teams with more than one blue Chip player where both players are consistent scoring threats. But if you choose to believe that Carolina's sole offensive strategy is CMC I won't try to dissuade you. They were definitely manufacturing touches to get him to the 1000/1000 mark, but it didn't stop DJ from topping 1000 yards receiving  it's a fact that he's not been prolific scoring TDs which is the problem Buffalo are trying to fix. Don't get me wrong DJ is doing fine but he's not without flaws.

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm just telling you I don't see Beane making a trade involving a 1st round pick unless the player in question is regarded as a true game-changer

To be fair, Dallas traded a mid-first for Amari Cooper who was equally unproven at Oakland and you could make a reasonable argument that they were vindicated by his play. Of course now they may not be able to keep him....

18 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

To be fair, Dallas traded a mid-first for Amari Cooper who was equally unproven at Oakland and you could make a reasonable argument that they were vindicated by his play. Of course now they may not be able to keep him....

Fair point. 

I think there's two differences.  One is, at the point where the Cowboys traded for Cooper, I believe they viewed him as the "missing link", the one piece between them and being a playoff contender.   (I also feel that Cooper was regarded as being the "engine" during his two 1000+ yard seasons, whereas Moore this year is regarded more as the beneficiary of teams having to shut down McCaffrey, but that's not a viewpoint I could really muster hard evidence to defend)

Second, I don't think Beane views the Bills as being one piece away.  I think (and this is just my gestalt of Beane) if his opinion were asked, he would view that trade as "fiscally irresponsible".

Now, whether the Bills can put on a championship run with Beane's fiscal philosophy and ability to evaluate offensive talent, TBD.

• Like (+1) 1

Hmmm, 100 to 7 against so far.  I think the Stadium Wall is pretty well stacked against you on this one, Conlan.  For myself,  I like the depth at WR in the draft, and the fact that there are SO MANY good receivers with size.

• Like (+1) 1