Free Agency - March 18 - Who do you want?

wppete

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Fant is my guy. I think there’s a chance he becomes a legitimate starting tackle and ends up a huge value.

Fant is on my short list of RT but not sure they're going to make the position a top priority.

Edited by The Jokeman

I didn't see this posted in the thread so I'm linking to Spotrac's Free Agent List:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

To that end here's an answer for me (based on need / fit / and money):

WR: Funchess and Lazard / Dorsett

RB: Peyton Barber - that's the only guy for me that would make me want to spend any FA money on this position b/c he balances Motor well enough and that means DiMarco would be cut and the Bills could use Barber as the power RB / FB hybrid and he can catch out of the backfield. 

OLB: Nick Vigil / maybe Campbell but will cost a pretty penny

TE: Olsen at right price

OT: D. Williams or Conklin - this is where you target 1 of 2 priority FAs

G/C: Scherff - not a priority FA target...but you spend the money; if Karras makes it out of NE, this your IOL Swiss Army Knife guy, started a C this yr for Pats

DE: Ngakoue is 2nd priority FA target but if he goes elsewhere / Clowney or if Armstead makes it out of San Fran, then he can go here as well

CB: Byron Jones - a CB opposite White is a sneaky issue for the Bills

The rest to me are depth guys who can rotate in and help the team but shouldn't be pushing the younger guys out of the way. WR is the position that needs depth and some versatility but the Draft is deeeeeeep in WR this year and with Smoke and Beasley on the team, you don't need big money WR ala Cooper, IMHO - you need that cash for OL, DE, and a CB to help Tre out. The rest of your team is then well suited for the Draft, again IMO.

On 2/3/2020 at 12:31 PM, Virgil said:

Hooper.  After that, I don’t care 

Henry is the better TE. Cooper & Ngakoue have to be the top priorities. Conklin would be nice once we finally slide Ford to Guard. Obviously we not getting everyone but we better spend that cap. Make every effort to sign Shaq & Jordan. Cut scrubs like Murphy, Lee Smith and Dimarco.

I've given this more thought and unless we can sign A Cooper, just sign someone a bit above average and draft a WR with elite potential. We need an upgrade at 1 WR spot for sure, but we need 2-3 upgrades on the OL. I really wouldn't mind seeing us sign both Thuney (LG) and Scherff (RG) and keep developing Ford at RT. Our run game would be much improved, especially between the tackles and Josh Allen's life would get a lot easier. Maybe draft another OT in the middle rounds after addressing WR, CB, LB and DE. I know that's a lot of money for interior OL, but Dawkins, Thuney, Morse and Scherff would be a formidable group and if Ford takes a big step in year 2, we could dominate the LOS.

I think Singletary should be our #1 and he'd be great behind that OL. A guy like C Hyde to back him up would be ideal if Cleveland releases him.

We could really use upgrades at 2 CB positions -- outside and in the slot. I wouldn't mind keeping Wallace in any case. I like the OP's suggestion of B Jones. He's 31, but, like G Olsen (age 34) still plays at a very high level.

At TE, Olsen is way better than any other TE on our roster and he could probably come at a reasonable price.

At RLB, there is very little top end talent in the NFL right now, so let's not pay a lot for a FA there. If Clowney doesn't shake loose, I'd be looking at LDE, OLB, OT and another CB as well as WR, assuming Cooper resigns with Dallas and Green goes elsewhere. These positions would have to be addressed in the draft, but I'm guessing several positions will get upgrades in FA.

I know we can't expect all of these things to happen, but aim high and get as much as you can.

P.S. Ngakoue isn't much better than Hughes, so why bother? I want a beast to play LDE. If we can get a better, younger TE than Olsen, I'm good with that. I don't see Beane signing Conklin with his nagging foot injury. Same situation as Cordy Glenn -- He was very good before the foot injury and now he's just average. Speaking of average, that's Shaq to a 't'. If we're looking to upgrade LE, we don't need him as Hughes' backup. If we draft a RE, move Hughes to LE or trade him for late picks and draft another DE to play LE. I'd love to see Clowney in Bills blue, but I doubt Seattle will let him go.

Edited by GreggTX

Cooper, Henry, Olsen, or Maxx  Williams

Vernon Butler or Chris Jones

Byron Jones

LB Joe Schobert

Derek Henry

WR Perriman

extend Tre, draft WR, Edge, OL(tackle especially), early and often

Edited by Pete