New York (again)

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

DE BLASIO’S NEW YORK: 

A Violent August in N.Y.C.: Shootings Double, and Murder Is Up by 50%.

Mister, they could use a man like Rudy Giuliani again.

Of course, the DNC Times falls all over itself justifying the crime surge and the current NYC leadership.

"Oh, crime is always higher in the summer!"

"Oh, crime was much worse in the '90s!!"  (they forgot to mention that was the last time the left was running NYC)

"Oh, it's COVID's fault!   Which of course is Trump's fault!"

"Oh, it's the cops' fault!"

"Oh, percentages are misleading!"

But not a single word about policy coming from city gov't.

• Like (+1) 1

Cuomo says Trump 'caused' New York coronavirus outbreak

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo claimed Tuesday that President Trump “caused” the coronavirus outbreak in New York by not banning travel from Europe sooner -- the latest in an escalation of words between the politicians.

"Donald Trump caused the COVID outbreak in New York,” Cuomo said during a press briefing. “That is a fact. It’s a fact that he admitted, and the CDC admitted, and Fauci admitted.”

“In mid-March the federal government does the travel ban from Europe,” the Democratic governor said. “Too little too late, Mr. President.” He called Trump’s CDC, National Institutes of Health and Department of Homeland Security “incompetent.”

“The virus killed many more Americans than anything you were worried about on the southern border,” he said. “This nation loses more people per day to COVID than any nation on the globe.”

“You know who did that? Donald Trump’s incompetence,” he added. “And now, they won’t provide federal funding to help repair the damage from the ambush they created.”

Cuomo added that Trump is “trying to kill” New York City, pointing to a cap in SALT deductions from the Trump tax cuts.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-trump-caused-new-york-coronavirus

Senate GOP unveils slimmed-down coronavirus bill, with McConnell pushing for vote this week

New plan expected to cost $500 billion, compared to the House's $3 trillion plan

The bill includes an extra $300 per week in unemployment benefits through Dec. 27 -- down from the $600 weekly boost that expired at the end of July -- a second round of Paycheck Protection Program funds to small businesses worth $258 billion, $105 billion for schools and colleges, and McConnell's liability protection plan that would limit lawsuits against businesses from employees or customers who contract COVID-19.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-gop-coronavirus-relief-bill-mcconnell

17 minutes ago, ALF said:

Cuomo says Trump 'caused' New York coronavirus outbreak

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo claimed Tuesday that President Trump “caused” the coronavirus outbreak in New York by not banning travel from Europe sooner -- the latest in an escalation of words between the politicians.

"Donald Trump caused the COVID outbreak in New York,” Cuomo said during a press briefing. “That is a fact. It’s a fact that he admitted, and the CDC admitted, and Fauci admitted.”

“In mid-March the federal government does the travel ban from Europe,” the Democratic governor said. “Too little too late, Mr. President.” He called Trump’s CDC, National Institutes of Health and Department of Homeland Security “incompetent.”

“The virus killed many more Americans than anything you were worried about on the southern border,” he said. “This nation loses more people per day to COVID than any nation on the globe.”

“You know who did that? Donald Trump’s incompetence,” he added. “And now, they won’t provide federal funding to help repair the damage from the ambush they created.”

Cuomo added that Trump is “trying to kill” New York City, pointing to a cap in SALT deductions from the Trump tax cuts.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-trump-caused-new-york-coronavirus

Senate GOP unveils slimmed-down coronavirus bill, with McConnell pushing for vote this week

New plan expected to cost $500 billion, compared to the House's $3 trillion plan

The bill includes an extra $300 per week in unemployment benefits through Dec. 27 -- down from the $600 weekly boost that expired at the end of July -- a second round of Paycheck Protection Program funds to small businesses worth $258 billion, $105 billion for schools and colleges, and McConnell's liability protection plan that would limit lawsuits against businesses from employees or customers who contract COVID-19.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-gop-coronavirus-relief-bill-mcconnell

....YAWN...Prince Andrew the "fiscal fraud" strikes again.....maybe he can tell us how many NYS residents WERE ALREADY in AMT which negates property tax and withholding tax deductions PRE-TRUMP cuts........

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....YAWN...Prince Andrew the "fiscal fraud" strikes again.....maybe he can tell us how many NYS residents WERE ALREADY in AMT which negates property tax and withholding tax deductions PRE-TRUMP cuts........

He is such a POS desperate to deflect blame. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dhg said:

He is such a POS desperate to deflect blame. 

...he's the Dems boy in 2024.....Sands boyz from Constellation Brands just held a massive fundraiser for Prince Andrew at their Canandaigua digs......needed Brinks to remove the haul....minimum donation was 10 grand.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...he's the Dems boy in 2024.....Sands boyz from Constellation Brands just held a massive fundraiser for Prince Andrew at their Canandaigua digs......needed Brinks to remove the haul....minimum donation was 10 grand.........

Are you serious?

....fundraiser?...I know it for a fact...and the 10 grand MINIMUM earned wrinkled noses from the Sands boyz...pony up for Prince Andrew......one of them is building a 50 MILLION dollar spread on Canandaigua Lake dubbed "Pamelot" because his wife's name is Pam......guest house alone is 12 mil....I saw pics and it looks like a medieval castle....imported limestone from Ireland...........as far as 2024?.....I'd bet he's the Dems' boy.......

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....fundraiser?...I know it for a fact...and the 10 grand MINIMUM earned wrinkled noses from the Sands boyz...pony up for Prince Andrew......one of them is building a 50 MILLION dollar spread on Canandaigua Lake dubbed "Pamelot" because his wife's name is Pam......guest house alone is 12 mil....I saw pics and it looks like a medieval castle....imported limestone from Ireland...........as far as 2024?.....I'd bet he's the Dems' boy.......

I really don’t think he will be in 2024.  He might be now (you may be right), but he won’t last in this position 

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

4 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

I really don’t think he will be in 2024.  He might be now (you may be right), but he won’t last in this position 

4 hours ago, westside2 said:

God I hope you're right!

Cuomo isn't eyeing 2024, his focus is on 2021. It's a reach for more reasons than one, but if Biden wins, and the Dems retain the House, he is hoping to be selected as the new VP when Joe ultimately resigns.\

Bank it... 

• Sad 1

'Play it down': Trump admits to concealing the true threat of coronavirus in new Woodward book

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump admitted he knew weeks before the first confirmed US coronavirus death that the virus was dangerous, airborne, highly contagious and "more deadly than even your strenuous flus," and that he repeatedly played it down publicly, according to legendary journalist Bob Woodward in his new book "Rage."

"This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward on February 7.

In a series of interviews with Woodward, Trump revealed that he had a surprising level of detail about the threat of the virus earlier than previously known. "Pretty amazing," Trump told Woodward, adding that the coronavirus was maybe five times "more deadly" than the flu.

Trump's admissions are in stark contrast to his frequent public comments at the time insisting that the virus was "going to disappear" and "all work out fine."

The book, using Trump's own words, depicts a President who has betrayed the public trust and the most fundamental responsibilities of his office. In "Rage," Trump says the job of a president is "to keep our country safe." But in early February, Trump told Woodward he knew how deadly the virus was, and in March, admitted he kept that knowledge hidden from the public.

"I wanted to always play it down," Trump told Woodward on March 19, even as he had declared a national emergency over the virus days earlier. "I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic."

If instead of playing down what he knew, Trump had acted decisively in early February with a strict shutdown and a consistent message to wear masks, social distance and wash hands, experts believe that thousands of American lives could have been saved.

The startling revelations in "Rage," which CNN obtained ahead of its September 15 release, were made during 18 wide-ranging interviews Trump gave Woodward from December 5, 2019 to July 21, 2020. The interviews were recorded by Woodward with Trump's permission, and CNN has obtained copies of some of the audio tapes.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/bob-woodward-rage-book-trump-coronavirus/index.html

Edited by ALF

8 minutes ago, ALF said:

'Play it down': Trump admits to concealing the true threat of coronavirus in new Woodward book

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump admitted he knew weeks before the first confirmed US coronavirus death that the virus was dangerous, airborne, highly contagious and "more deadly than even your strenuous flus," and that he repeatedly played it down publicly, according to legendary journalist Bob Woodward in his new book "Rage."

"This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward on February 7.

In a series of interviews with Woodward, Trump revealed that he had a surprising level of detail about the threat of the virus earlier than previously known. "Pretty amazing," Trump told Woodward, adding that the coronavirus was maybe five times "more deadly" than the flu.

Trump's admissions are in stark contrast to his frequent public comments at the time insisting that the virus was "going to disappear" and "all work out fine."

The book, using Trump's own words, depicts a President who has betrayed the public trust and the most fundamental responsibilities of his office. In "Rage," Trump says the job of a president is "to keep our country safe." But in early February, Trump told Woodward he knew how deadly the virus was, and in March, admitted he kept that knowledge hidden from the public.

"I wanted to always play it down," Trump told Woodward on March 19, even as he had declared a national emergency over the virus days earlier. "I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic."

If instead of playing down what he knew, Trump had acted decisively in early February with a strict shutdown and a consistent message to wear masks, social distance and wash hands, experts believe that thousands of American lives could have been saved.

The startling revelations in "Rage," which CNN obtained ahead of its September 15 release, were made during 18 wide-ranging interviews Trump gave Woodward from December 5, 2019 to July 21, 2020. The interviews were recorded by Woodward with Trump's permission, and CNN has obtained copies of some of the audio tapes.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/bob-woodward-rage-book-trump-coronavirus/index.html

Hoax

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

The audio recording of Trump's interviews  

Can they prove he said that on that date?

Or is this more BS from the left?

I wonder if nancy knew about if Trump did?

Hmmmm.......so many questions 

cnn??????

Lol!!!!!!!!

Edited by westside2
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

...27,000 NYC restaurants.....do the math of sales tax lost revenues.....so Andy of Mayberry goes crying to the Feds for $60 billion......better be crickets for this "fiscal fraud"...the NYS Insurance Fund, the last bastion of Workers Compensation insurance in NYS when coverage could not be secured elsewhere, ran BILLIONS of surpluses for years.....and Andy's old man used to write "IOU's" to borrow from the surplus to close budget gaps....wonder how many BILLIONS that liability is on the NYS Balance Sheet?.....NEVER to be repaid....

• Like (+1) 2