New York (again)

9 minutes ago, GG said:

Are these people f'ng insane?   Do they know how much is costs to heat northeast houses with electric?  Do they understand how the electricity is generated?  Do they understand how electricity is distributed?  Do they understand what happens to the grid when you load more capacity on it without upgrading the grid?  Do they understand what happens to that all-electric house when a WINTER storm knocks out power for over 2 days?

Yes, no, no , no, no, no

• Like (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, GG said:

Are these people f'ng insane?   Do they know how much is costs to heat northeast houses with electric?  Do they understand how the electricity is generated?  Do they understand how electricity is distributed?  Do they understand what happens to the grid when you load more capacity on it without upgrading the grid?  Do they understand what happens to that all-electric house when a WINTER storm knocks out power for over 2 days?

It'll be okay because starting in 2020 all new homes being built must include solar panels. So in about 200 years, no one in CA will have to worry about power outages any more.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GG said:

We moved from Buffalo to CT in 1973 and my folks bought a house that had just been built by a contractor who went under so they got a great deal.  But, that was the brief period during/after the oil scare where lots of new construction was all-electric.

So, I heard my Dad say "if you're cold, put a sweater on" about a thousand times.   Any room not being occupied was kept at 55 degrees.  65 if we were in the room.

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

How about I just stop listening when you talk Andy.

EgXLQiLXYAIfoSW?format=png&name=small

EgXLRUtXoAMeUcV?format=png&name=small

No, Prince Andrew, what you did and continue to do is indefensible.

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, B-Man said:

How about I just stop listening when you talk Andy.

EgXLQiLXYAIfoSW?format=png&name=small

EgXLRUtXoAMeUcV?format=png&name=small

That is totally incorrect. CDC said a test is not needed if you've been in contact AND you don't exhibit any symptoms.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

More dispatches from DiBlasio's Utopian paradise

Lu says in addition to being concerned about COVID-19 spreading among the large crowds that gather, they're also seeing an uptick in other concerning behavior like graffiti, broken bottles, and open drug use.

"These revel scooters, 3 kids on them joyriding down the sidewalk. Not on the street, on the sidewalk," Lu said. "My wife is pregnant. She's almost been run over 3 times."

"I would just like to get some sleep past 1 a.m. I would like to sleep earlier than that, but that's when the party here starts," resident Glory Lu said. "So finally we have to do something about it."

That something they did was hire private security funded by donations from residents.

They say they talked to the NYPD, but it was a dead end.

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 8/25/2020 at 2:53 PM, KD in CA said:

We moved from Buffalo to CT in 1973 and my folks bought a house that had just been built by a contractor who went under so they got a great deal.  But, that was the brief period during/after the oil scare where lots of new construction was all-electric.

So, I heard my Dad say "if you're cold, put a sweater on" about a thousand times.   Any room not being occupied was kept at 55 degrees.  65 if we were in the room.

Just think, your dad gave Jimmy Carter his whole energy platform.

• Haha (+1) 1