New York (again)

RULE OF LAW IN NEW YORK: 

“What is the ‘extraordinary, unusual circumstance’? Being Donald Trump?

If so, she’s revealing that she believes the prosecutors went after the man, not the crime, an abhorrent abuse of power.

So, whatever she thinks, she can’t mean to be saying that.

What else is there?”   Nothing.

We were told up front not to normalize Trump, and the Democrats have denormalized themselves in response.

From the comments: “I’ve always thought that Donald Trump was a bit of a clown. I largely still think that. So why are our rulers so hell bent on eliminating him that they are willing to throw away every last vestige of their credibility? It makes me wonder.”

Me too.

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2024/02/i-think-that-this-is-really.html

• Like (+1) 2

At this point, New York is going to need to be like Germany with migrants.

To hell with the cultural friction that results from this, because the state will

simply need people in numbers to replace the population decline. 

Sad to see.  I’m from Long Island, and it’s almost monthly that I see another person I went to high school with moving their family out of New York and to the Carolinas or Florida. 

46 minutes ago, SCBills said:

At this point, New York is going to need to be like Germany with migrants.

To hell with the cultural friction that results from this, because the state will

simply need people in numbers to replace the population decline. 

Sad to see.  I’m from Long Island, and it’s almost monthly that I see another person I went to high school with moving their family out of New York and to the Carolinas or Florida. 

Where'll they'll likely stupidly vote Dem and ***** up that area...

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Where'll they'll likely stupidly vote Dem and ***** up that area...

I hear that, and it’s extremely annoying when I meet people down south who have done that.. but most of the people I know leaving NY are conservative.  

Long Island is pretty much 50/50 with the Irish and Italians voting Republican and Jews/Minorities voting Dem.

Everyone I grew up with is Irish or Italian out in the North Shore of Suffolk County. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I do take issue on one point. Of course everyone is an expert on everything. This is 2024!

I know many reading this think they are experts in everything. You’re not. Those of us who actually attended law school and have been doing commercial real estate for over 40 years, you’ve been lied to. You do not have the facts. You do not know what you are talking about. We employ two of the largest law firms in the country and they’ve been in meetings 16 hours a day in order to determine just how bad this all really is.

Every one of these companies, representing trillions of dollars in real estate, is carefully evaluating whether to stay or exit.

Chetrit Group
Vorea Group
Turnbridge Equities
Extell Development
Bldg Management Company
Vornado Realty Trust
L+m Development Partners
United Construction And Development Group
Beb Capital, Totem
Howard Hughes Corporation
Starrett Corporation
Rfr Realty
Jay Group
Property Markets Group
Rabsky Group
Two Trees Management
Heartfelt Townhouse Builders
Lonicera Partners
Taconic Partners
Beitel Group

Whether Trump wins on appeal or at SCOTUS, the precedent has been set.  A wall has been broken and there are no take backs. Any company can now be targeted and have their assets seized at the whim of an over zealous AG or politicians. I don’t expect you to know or understand standard CRE practices, but every company below could be found guilty of the exact same actions the Trump Organization was accused of and found guilty, because it is NOT a crime. 

The feds declined to file charges as did the previous AG. And the reality is, this should have been heard by the Commercial Division, however, they had already declined to file. 

Why do you suppose the real experts in complicated commercial cases, part of the Supreme Court of New York State would decide not to pursue?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

RIP NYC.  You earned it.

My kid quit his job(again) to go to school in France when covid hit N.Y.C., but would be going back.

Moved back recently, thinking it couldn’t be as bad as he had been hearing, he’s a bit of a bleeding heart. 

He said it’s too far gone and not comfortable there. He’s hoping to be out of there sooner than later.

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Woah, common sense from NYC ?

Democrat NYC Mayor Eric Adams Calls for Changing ‘Sanctuary City’ Law that Protected Laken Riley’s Accused Killer

by John Binder

New York City Mayor Eric Adams (D) is calling for changes to the city’s “sanctuary” policy that helped an illegal alien walk free, without being turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents, who is now accused of kidnapping and murdering 22-year-old Laken Riley in Athens, Georgia.

“For those who are committing crimes, we need to modify the sanctuary city law that if you commit a felony or a violent act, we should be able to turn you over to ICE and have you deported,” Adams said at a town hall on Monday in Brooklyn.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/02/27/democrat-nyc-mayor-eric-adams-calls-for-changing-sanctuary-city-law-that-protected-laken-riley-s-accused-killer/

• Like (+1) 1