The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

When does the current federal emergency run out? IOW, if it runs out before the fall and there are no new federal dollars... California may have to rethink a second shutdown.

If I recall correctly, the unemployment bonus runs out in July. I do not know if there is an end date to Trump's emergency declaration.

Just now, Koko78 said:

If I recall correctly, the unemployment bonus runs out in July. I do not know if there is an end date to Trump's emergency declaration.

The unemployment bonus runs out July 31st. They are in talks now on what to continue on that. The emergency declaration Trump signed is what I was wondering about (an end date).

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

To me man  still gotta be cautious. Don't disagree but can't go out there thinking virus won't affect me overconfident. 

I'm adamant in believing that the data should guide policy.

We know whose at risk and who relatively are not.  Those that are in the lower category of risk should either practice common sense social distancing measures and if they decide not to, then make sure that they don't get in close quarter contact with those that are at higher risk.

I think the virus is the most overstated risk that the world has ever allowed to self impose destructive actions that we have ever seen.  

Again, it sucks that the virus got here from China and that since it is a novel virus with no vaccine that it was able to kill as many people as it did.  But the world's response in hindsight will not be viewed as the best possible response that could have been made, not even close.  This was a textbook case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Another 2600+ cases in Florida. We can spin the Florida case jumps all we want but let's be honest: We all wish they were level to declining. 

Or they got amazingly good at case-tracing in the last 5 days. 

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Another 2600+ cases in Florida. We can spin the Florida case jumps all we want but let's be honest: We all wish they were level to declining. 

We can wish all we want, but the country is moving ahead.  The train has left the station.

Free Choo Choo Train, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip Art on Clipart  Library

6 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Deaths continue to decline.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Texas coronavirus hospitalizations surge 11% in a single day

• The number of people sickened with Covid-19 across Texas’ hospitals hit a new high Wednesday, surging about 11% in a single day.
  • The total Wednesday marks the eighth new high in the state in less than two weeks.
  • Texas coronavirus hospitalizations are now up more than 84% since Memorial Day as the state continues to reopen.

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Deaths continue to decline.

Deaths trail cases (not sure they will in this case...can only watch) but what you said if true at all, is only barely true. Looks pretty level since mid-May, with low overall deaths in general. 

DEATHS6016.thumb.jpg.61d6fa2692e20949e206f363fe5f611f.jpg

8 minutes ago, Magox said:

I'm adamant in believing that the data should guide policy.

We know whose at risk and who relatively are not.  Those that are in the lower category of risk should either practice common sense social distancing measures and if they decide not to, then make sure that they don't get in close quarter contact with those that are at higher risk.

I think the virus is the most overstated risk that the world has ever allowed to self impose destructive actions that we have ever seen.  

Again, it sucks that the virus got here from China and that since it is a novel virus with no vaccine that it was able to kill as many people as it did.  But the world's response in hindsight will not be viewed as the best possible response that could have been made, not even close.  This was a textbook case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Overstated

USA  Mar 17th, 2020...100 deaths

USA  June 17, 2020...117,290 deaths

In spite of all the declarations, ignoring of data, bold macho spin, chest thumping, blaming of China, defunding of WHO, admonishment of CDC, taking a bow for stopping flights from the world, miracle drugs, army hospital ships, more ventilators etc etc....clearly this virus which has now in 3 months killed more American citizens than died in WW1 is winning. 

By Sept 1 more deaths than WW1, KOREA, and Vietnam wars combined. 

The blame game and ignoring clearly is a bad strategy.

Just now, Niagara Bill said:

Overstated

In spite of all the declarations, ignoring of data, bold macho spin, chest thumping, blaming of China, defunding of WHO, admonishment of CDC, taking a bow for stopping flights from the world, miracle drugs, army hospital ships, more ventilators etc etc....clearly this virus which has now in 3 months killed more American citizens than died in WW1 is winning. 

CCP Bill chimes in again to offer a defense of China and the indefensible. 

When people show you what they are, believe them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Deaths trail cases (not sure they will in this case...can only watch) but what you said if true at all, is only barely true. Looks pretty level since mid-May, with low overall deaths in general. 

Low? 117,290 citizens.

3 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Overstated

Vapid analysis from a vapid poster

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Do deaths trail cases when testing capabilities have greatly improved in the last 8 weeks? 

Hospitalizations are also declining.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

CCP Bill chimes in again to offer a defense of China and the indefensible. 

When people show you what they are, believe them.

When the Agent with the growing nose, speaks he defends 117,290 deaths so he can kiss DT and MP. Too busy looking for conspiracy to care about citizens dieing. Idealogy is more important. Blame is more important.  He hides in his basement and defends the indefensible. You sicken me and many others.

117290 citizens. 

Just now, Niagara Bill said:

When the Agent with the growing nose, speaks he defends 117,290 deaths so he can kiss DT and MP. Too busy looking for conspiracy to care about citizens dieing. Idealogy is more important. Blame is more important.  He hides in his basement and defends the indefensible. You sicken me and many others.

117290 citizens. 

I was not defending anything. I was pointing out that you, once again, ran to defend the CCP. Because you're a deeply stupid person. 

CCP Bill is who he says he is. 

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Do deaths trail cases when testing capabilities have greatly improved in the last 8 weeks? 

Hospitalizations are also declining.

You're a regular fountain of bad information. Hospitalizations are also pretty level, rising in the last week. 

HOSP6016.thumb.jpg.3c04ffbdfe653396e4143ad74fe95edb.jpg

I'm more sympathetic to your point of view than you think, but you need to accept that not all the data is peachy. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I was not defending anything. I was pointing out that you, once again, ran to defend the CCP. Because you're a deeply stupid person. 

CCP Bill is who he says he is. 

Your support of a policy that has helped spread this calamity and caused 117290 deaths to date shows your lack of humanity. Your idealogy supersedes any human realization. Hiding in the basement is easy. The nose keeps getting bigger. You are unable to have compassion because of politics.

2 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Your support of a policy that has helped spread this calamity and caused 117290 deaths to date shows your lack of humanity. Your idealogy supersedes any human realization. Hiding in the basement is easy. The nose keeps getting bigger. You are unable to have compassion because of politics.

I didn't offer support of anything. I pointed out your urgent need to defend the CCP, CCP Bill. But all you can do is lie because you just keep getting your ass handed to you by me. Every time. The bolded is especially hilarious since you're defending the CCP who is not quite the beacon of human rights the literature you read and parrot tells you it is.

Keep proving -- over and over again -- that you're a deeply stupid person. It's your brand. You earned it.