The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Says the guy panicking about a virus that no one under the age of 80 withour pre-exisiting conditions has died from. Moron indeed! Look in the mirror loser.

Again,

Your TDS is showing. You suck down everything the media tells you. If you can't tell how biased the media is with this reporting, there is no hope for you. You are completely a brainwashed DNC lemming. There is no recession. If anything, the media and Democrats blowing this out of proportion has caused the stocks to dip, but they'll climb back up in the near future. You have so much hate in your heart for Trump that you pray for the country to fail. Get ready for 4 more years of MAGA, KAG, douche

You are panicking at the thought of others being concerned and taking precautions. 

Global pandemic but it's a hoax.

Are you an anti-vaxer too or just a dipschit when it comes to Covid-19?

4 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Says the guy panicking about a virus that no one under the age of 80 withour pre-exisiting conditions has died from. Moron indeed! Look in the mirror loser.

Again,

Your TDS is showing. You suck down everything the media tells you. If you can't tell how biased the media is with this reporting, there is no hope for you. You are completely a brainwashed DNC lemming. There is no recession. If anything, the media and Democrats blowing this out of proportion has caused the stocks to dip, but they'll climb back up in the near future. You have so much hate in your heart for Trump that you pray for the country to fail. Get ready for 4 more years of MAGA, KAG, douche

So the media shouldn't be showing Pence's press conference on this issue? Is that seriously your point? 

2 hours ago, Hardhatharry said:

You see, he becomes childish and cannot even talk about the subject at hand.

You tried to use the flu thing and I shut it down, you are running out of excuses.

you have serious issues.

oh and... you're an idiot.

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

And what would that be?  

We have a new virus.  It spreads quite readily from someone who is mildly or asymptomatic.  That's going to be impossible to stop. 

Only in the last week or so has some hard info become available about it's etiology. 

Until South Korea it was hard to say if the 3-4% lethality rate was real.  It may still be and the Korea data an outlier, predicated on the less lethal form of the virus or a uniqueness in the Korean population.

Now we know it tends to target the older population, especially immuno-compromised, hypertension, cardiac disease, diabetes.   Got a colleague in her 20's with celiac disease.  What's it mean for her?   Should be ok, but she is immuno-compromised.

I work in MetroHealth hospitals, Cleveland.  Primary level-1 trauma ER in the city.  They get the worst of the worst and will be slammed now that a few people have tested positive in Cleveland.  2 of my bosses are ER docs and working, just discussed with one of them this morning maybe staying away from research and managing from a distance in case they get infected and I get quarantined at home, stopping our research.

I'm a very rational person, but if my parents are infected I may lose them with their health issues.  I doubt I'm alone.  And I'm going to have to keep on top of them to curtail their social habits as they go out a lot.

It's a virus, given the spread in the middle east, I doubt the weather's going to help stop the spread of it.  Viruses also can mutate easily, they're funny that way.

I am not panicked but I understand there are and will continue to be many people panicked about this virus.  I don't blame them, we still don't know that much about it.

The panic, and stoking of it, is due to fear of the continuing unknown about the virus.   At least among everyone I know and come into contact with.  Exactly what alternative reason for the panic do you feel there is?

No you are not.  Taking some rational cautionary precautions (especially for out parents/grandparents) is not to much to ask for.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Do you curtail your parents activities due to the flu? Do you stop them from driving? Do you stop them from walking? That may come off as flip, but I am asking it seriously. You work in the ER so you see horrible things every single day. Does that stop you from living your life knowing that an accident, an illness, a random well ... anything, could incapacitate you or bring about your death? In other words, do you live in fear? Or do you live your life? (And no, I ain't bookin' a trip to Wuhan China tomorrow, but I will tell you that my son is already thinking about an Italian vacation when things settle down in Italy.)

We have had hair-on-fire end-of-the-world media driven apocalypses for many years now. This one is another in a long line. Swine flu, Ebola, Legionnaires disease, bird flu (and about 100 more)... all were going to lead to the destruction of the world.  Heck, this one may yet and people will be dancing on graves that they were correct. As for myself? It ain't livin' if I am hidin'.

My mother is 86 and she takes a yearly flu shot and takes precautions around sick people.

She still drives but limits it to good weather during the day.

She finally put away her "vanity" and uses a cane while walking.

These are things that "rational" people do so I don't understand why it has to be an either or of "living your life" OR "living in fear".

I'm a "moderate independent" who sees this country riddled with broken windows.  I believe there would be a lot less of them if

people would just curb their urges to throw so many rocks.

I do not wish to cause any strife in my comment it's just my way of looking at problems.

My brother from Texas (a "trumpster" for lack of another word) and I were planning to visit my mother in Buffalo come May this year.

We are holding off on the visit until we see more facts about this outbreak. 

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Look in the mirror, dude. It looks like you are panicking about Buffalo Bills Fan posting a fact.

Settle down Beavis.  If weren’t in such a reactionary rush, you’d have noticed I was mocking the headline, not the poster.