The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Ok ok guys I got a shot and man do I feel great!!! Can I remove my mask now?

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Well, a child’s will to get vaccinated or not may not be the right barometer. 

As a parent my view is, the effect time has with this vaccine is a unknown. 

typical vaccine developments take a decade of trial and testing. All we know so far it it seems ok in limiting testing after a year. 

A year, huh....  this was written in 2018, for what it's worth: https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243#Tab4

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Simple question media and everyone that's not a Chinese agent should be demanding

How is any institution or business, or supposed to verify that people "allowed" to gather, are vaccinated? 

THE FACT THAT DETAIL WAS NOT ADDRESSED CONFIRMS THIS IS A SHAM 

Honestly though, we don't want vax police, do we? There has to be ambiguity unless we're giving the government some kind of regulatory powers to check vax cards. We definitely don't want that.

It's simple: the business sets their policy and the employees adhere to it. You stick to the honor system and live with it. Maybe some get creative with asking for vax cards to confirm, but that doesn't seem business-friendly.

I almost feel like my rights of freedom, as an American, are being infringed upon. 

With all this mask wearing/ not wearing, and vaccination card showing, or not showing. Idk, it's confusing. And I gotta tell ya, it's making me very uncomfortable 

57 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Really?? For a cortisone shot?  ***** awesome!! Thanks man. 

Got me!  Seriously go get the shot- be part of the solution.

10 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I almost feel like my rights of freedom, as an American, are being infringed upon. 

With all this mask wearing/ not wearing, and vaccination card showing, or not showing. Idk, it's confusing. And I gotta tell ya, it's making me very uncomfortable 

Masks really don’t and never did impinge on your freedom.  And no government at vs any level is making you be vaccinated.  You absolutely should get vaccinated but no one is going to haul you out of your house and force you to do so.

38 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Honestly though, we don't want vax police, do we? There has to be ambiguity unless we're giving the government some kind of regulatory powers to check vax cards. We definitely don't want that.

It's simple: the business sets their policy and the employees adhere to it. You stick to the honor system and live with it. Maybe some get creative with asking for vax cards to confirm, but that doesn't seem business-friendly.

The government is not going to do cards for that.  Businesses may require one for customers or employees as is their right.  They have freedom to do so.  And you have freedom to get one or not, support businesses or not as you want.  And so on.

Edited by oldmanfan

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The government is not going to do cards for that.  Businesses may require one for customers or employees as is their right.  They have freedom to do so.  And you have freedom to get one or not, support businesses or not as you want.  And so on.

Exactly. That's why I'm not sure what those who complain about the CDC guidance are expecting.

With more of the population getting vaccinated, it's time to start moving away from the masks one way or another.

32 minutes ago, TSOL said:

So are we still hoarding toilet paper? Or is that not a thing anymore? 

We're hoarding gasoline now.

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

A year, huh....  this was written in 2018, for what it's worth: https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243#Tab4

Did you even read the abstract?? Do you understand what promising and potential mean in the medical pipeline?? 

none of us ever had a successfully vetted mRNA vaccine until now. There certainly is a chance some yet to be know future outcomes are possible 

the FACT I’m speaking to is this mRNA corona virus vaccine has a year of human history. 

mRNA vaccines represent a promising alternative to conventional vaccine approaches because of their high potency, capacity for rapid development and potential for low-cost manufacture and safe administration. However, their application has until recently been restricted by the instability and inefficient in vivo delivery of mRNA.” 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Did you even read the abstract?? Do you understand what promising and potential mean in the medical pipeline?? 

none of us ever had a successfully vetted mRNA vaccine until now. There certainly is a chance some yet to be know future outcomes are possible 

Are you concerned about the delivery? That was the problem and by now it's mostly been addressed....obviously.

So what are your actual concerns now in 2021?

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Are you concerned about the delivery? That was the problem and by now it's mostly been addressed....obviously.

So what are your actual concerns now in 2021?

With me.... nada. I got moderna. With kids... I’d just like to see there are no long term 5-10 yr unintended effects...

I heard the pfeizer hurts more because it’s a bigger microchip right? 😝 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

With me.... nada. I got moderna. With kids... I’d just like to see there are no long term 5-10 yr unintended effects...

I heard the pfeizer hurts more because it’s a bigger microchip right? 😝 

What unintended effects, though?

That was the point of what I posted. It lists what the actual concerns are and they don't include any crazy unknown physical effects like all the conspiracy theorists are afraid of.

Meanwhile, these same people have no problem with ingesting tons of processed foods, for example, which is so much worse than a vaccine.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

What unintended effects, though?

That was the point of what I posted. It lists what the actual concerns are and they don't include any crazy unknown physical effects like all the conspiracy theorists are afraid of.

Meanwhile, these same people have no problem with ingesting tons of processed foods, for example, which is so much worse than a vaccine.

I think the point is they don’t know. Processed foods are are great example of modern science.. until it wasn’t. Just like transfats... round up... 

im not a conspiracy theorist  or antivaxer.  But I have seen enough unintended consequences in my life to know testing can’t substitute time. 

No one has any idea what, if any, long-term consequences there are with these mRNA vaccines.  How many drugs have you seen introduced, and then only 4-5 years later see a commercial on TV asking "were you prescribed X?  It has been shown to cause Y.  Call the law offices of Z."

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Exactly. That's why I'm not sure what those who complain about the CDC guidance are expecting.

With more of the population getting vaccinated, it's time to start moving away from the masks one way or another.

We're hoarding gasoline now.

The issue with the non-vaccinated is they give the virus a host in which to propagate. Not only can that potentially kill the host, but it continues to give the virus time to mutate and survive.  

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

No one has any idea what, if any, long-term consequences there are with these mRNA vaccines.  How many drugs have you seen introduced, and then only 4-5 years later see a commercial on TV asking "were you prescribed X?  It has been shown to cause Y.  Call the law offices of Z."

The mRNA does not stay in the body for long as I understand it.  Once it is read by cells to allow them to make the viral protein it is rapidly degraded.  The rest of the formulation is just salts and some lipid to allow the mRNA to stay soluble.  It’s very difficult to see anything in there that would have a long term issue. 

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The mRNA does not stay in the body for long as I understand it.  Once it is read by cells to allow them to make the viral protein it is rapidly degraded.  The rest of the formulation is just salts and some lipid to allow the mRNA to stay soluble.  It’s very difficult to see anything in there that would have a long term issue. 

There's still no proof that there won't be.  So I can understand those who are reluctant to get it. 

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

There's still no proof that there won't be.  So I can understand those who are reluctant to get it. 

There is nothing in there that should affect systems long term.  You are not doing anything to the genome at all.

30 minutes ago, Doc said:

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

There is nothing in there that should affect systems long term.  You are not doing anything to the genome at all.

A Doc and a Science dude who just happen to be two of the smartest, brightest and bestest minds around this little land of misfit toys we clank around in state emphatically and with clarity that the vaccine(s) are most likely +/- a death or seizure here or there safe and there probably is nothing at all to fear in the near immediate future and there are no known adverse side effects in the 82 days since vaccine deployment commenced!! 

I recall hanging out at the pool in our town growing up, and there was this guy there who had a hand, a shoulder but no in-between.  I believe he was what Billy Joel called one of the “children of thalidomide”.   ***** happens sometimes though people can have the best of intentions.   Hesitancy is completely natural, understandable especially when you’re an otherwise healthy individual.  

Btw, if the guy from the town is here now—it was impossible not to respect the hell out of you as a kid.  Hope you’re well.