The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Again so people flip when states require ID to vote but think it’s a good idea to have ID to leave their house? 

Your voter ID example doesn’t work.

You’re trying to require an ID, which isn’t required, for someone to exercise their right to vote.

We would be requiring a vaccine to have a license and register a car, which is a privilege, not a right.

You’d still have the freedom to not get the vaccine. You just can’t drive or register a car. Pretty basic.

18 minutes ago, Governor said:

You’re trying to require an ID, which isn’t required, for someone to exercise their right to vote.

We would be requiring a vaccine to have a license and register a car, which is a privilege, not a right.

You’d still have the freedom to not get the vaccine. You just can’t drive or register a car. Pretty basic.

You keep saying we like you're in charge. You're trying to interfere in people's life like a communist or fascist

And what does driving have to do with having a vaccine?  you're stretching  ...

Nobody will make that a law,  not even your crazy communists you idolize 

I was given the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness by God not the Democratic party of America 

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

People with outstanding warrants.  Seriously, Ohio kept it insanely simple.  Name and email gets you a QR code.  Scan code at appointment to receive shot.  My wife was offered through her English class and they emphasized no ID needed and no immigration agents would be there.

You've got a good governor there in Ohio.

31 minutes ago, Governor said:

No you’re requiring a vaccine to leave your house and you can’t leave your house without your ID that shows you’ve been vaccinated 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You keep saying we like you're in charge. You're trying to interfere in people's life like a communist or fascist

And what does driving have to do with having a vaccine?  you're stretching  ...

Nobody will make that a law,  not even your crazy communists you idolize 

I was given the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness by God not the Democratic party of America 

I was just pointing out that his analogy isn’t logical.

Would it really be worth Dems trouble to take it that far? I doubt it. We know what group won’t get vaccinated. Politically speaking, why would they want that group vaccinated? 

1 minute ago, Governor said:

I was just pointing out that his analogy isn’t logical.

Would it really be worth Dems trouble to take it that far? I doubt it. We know what group won’t get vaccinated. Politically speaking, why would they want that group vaccinated? 

Every genocide started with " a group" 

You're trying to segregate people.. we're All American

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Every genocide started with " a group" 

You're trying to segregate people.. we're All American

Giving you the freedom to not be vaccinated is genocide?

You can’t have it both ways. They want to be free and they should be free. This is America.

Giving you the freedom to not be vaccinated is genocide?

You can’t have it both ways. They want to be free and they should be free. This is America.

No singling out a group of people and taking away their life or ability to make a livelihood is how genocide starts  

And marking them out as a separate group of society. Play by play straight from the book

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

No singling out a group of people and taking away their life is how genocide starts 

I don’t believe the vaccine is being withheld from any certain group. They are refusing to take it. They want to be free.

So that’s the plan? They want to refuse the vaccine and then claim the country is trying to kill them?

Yup, I guess I should’ve seen that coming.

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

I don’t believe the vaccine is being withheld from any certain group. They are refusing to take it. They want to be free.

So that’s the plan? They want to refuse the vaccine and then claim the country is trying to kill them?

Yup, I guess I should’ve seen that coming.

This isn't communist China

The country just cannot force vaccinate you. And they cannot take away your right to a life

As I've already said over 40 states have exemptions from vaccinations. Stupid liberal ones have taken away your freedoms and it doesn't make it right 

You have a 99.7% chance of not dying from covid without the vaccine.. you can't force people to take it

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

This isn't communist China

The country just cannot force vaccinate you. And they cannot take away your right to a life

As I've already said over 40 states have exemptions from vaccinations. Stupid liberal ones have taken away your freedoms and it doesn't make it right 

You have a 99.7% chance of not dying from covid without the vaccine.. you can't force people to take it

Just making sure that when we go on with our lives and forget that a certain group refused to get vaccinated, they won’t turn around and call it genocide. I’m glad we understand each other.

Just now, Governor said:

Just making sure that when we go on with our lives and forget that a certain group refused to get vaccinated, they won’t turn around and call it genocide. I’m glad we understand each other.

Yeah if everybody agrees to just live life

What if I'm vaccinated and I'm just sticking up for the human rights of others? Because nobody should have their livelihood threatened

Especially not because of a novel coronavirus.. so yeah when people's rights are starting to get taken away it becomes a sketchy slope

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah if everybody agrees to just live life

What if I'm vaccinated and I'm just sticking up for the human rights of others? Because nobody should have their livelihood threatened

Especially not because of a novel coronavirus.. so yeah when people's rights are starting to get taken away it becomes a sketchy slope

They’re livelihood threatened by being forced to take a vaccine, or being forgotten when everyone else is vaccinated and they start dying?

They’re livelihood threatened by being forced to take a vaccine, or being forgotten when everyone else is vaccinated and they start dying?

Their livelihood being threatened by being forced to take vaccine..  AKA you need the vaccine or you can't work

That doesn't fly

If the unvaccinated all wind up dropping Dead in 5 years because they didn't get it.. well they die , like all humans do

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Their livelihood being threatened by being forced to take vaccine..  AKA you need the vaccine or you can't work

That doesn't fly

If the unvaccinated all wind up dropping Dead in 5 years because they didn't get it.. well they die , like all humans do

I assume most businesses will be doing that on their own. On the news earlier, they said the WH was “handing down those responsibilities to industry.”

1 year from now:

FOX: Biden Administration pulls Vaccine Awareness Campaign from WH.gov in a blatant attempt to kill Republicans.

Just now, Governor said:

I assume most businesses will be doing that on their own. On the news earlier, they said the WH was “handing down those responsibilities to industry.”

1 year from now:

FOX: Biden Administration pulls Vaccine Awareness Campaign from WH.gov in a blatant attempt to kill Republicans.

I know plenty of business owners who don't give two craps about a mask or vaccine

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

Literally nothing changed yesterday.

Because Biden is a coward. 

Hundreds of Epidemiologists Expected Mask-Wearing in Public for at Least a Year

The C.D.C. said Thursday that vaccinated Americans no longer needed masks in most places. Other disease experts recently had a different message: that masks were necessary in public.

When federal health officials said on Thursday that fully vaccinated Americans no longer needed to wear masks in most places, it came as a surprise to many people in public health. It also was a stark contrast with the views of a large majority of epidemiologists surveyed in the last two weeks by The New York Times.

In the informal survey, 80 percent said they thought Americans would need to wear masks in public indoor places for at least another year. Just 5 percent said people would no longer need to wear masks indoors by this summer.

In large crowds outdoors, like at a concert or protest, 88 percent of the epidemiologists said it was necessary even for fully vaccinated people to wear masks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/13/upshot/epidemiologists-coronavirus-masks.html

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That doesn't fly

just like if all the vaccinated drop dead in five years because of some unforeseen autoimmune response from this failed for decades, never used before mRNA technology and no long term studies...  same thing.. the world will keep spinning. 

I decided to get jabbed, but understand long term is unknown. Not sure I would agree to forcing kids who have little risk to get it. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I know plenty of business owners who don't give two craps about a mask or vaccine

And some will.  Some businesses like health care organizations may require vaccination as they do for the flu.  And you can either comply or find another job.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

The C.D.C. said Thursday that vaccinated Americans no longer needed masks in most places. Other disease experts recently had a different message: that masks were necessary in public.

When federal health officials said on Thursday that fully vaccinated Americans no longer needed to wear masks in most places, it came as a surprise to many people in public health. It also was a stark contrast with the views of a large majority of epidemiologists surveyed in the last two weeks by The New York Times.

In the informal survey, 80 percent said they thought Americans would need to wear masks in public indoor places for at least another year. Just 5 percent said people would no longer need to wear masks indoors by this summer.

In large crowds outdoors, like at a concert or protest, 88 percent of the epidemiologists said it was necessary even for fully vaccinated people to wear masks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/13/upshot/epidemiologists-coronavirus-masks.html

The more vaccinations the less the reason for masks.  If we had 100% vaccinations and a completely open society you’d still complain.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Here's my problem with all these pronouncements.  And what's more important than what they're saying is what they're not saying.  Taking this last piece of the article,  "it was necessary to keep wearing masks in crowds, when people are near others whose vaccination status they don't know". 

So I got the Moderna vaccine and I am puzzled why the vaccination status of strangers matters to me?  Because the premise behind getting vaccinated against COVID is to not get sick from the COVID virus.  So even if there are un-vaccinated or COVID positive people in "the crowd" if the vaccine works I should not get infected.  So why should I care about the vaccination status of everyone in the crowd as long as I know I am protected?  I've done everything I can to make sure myself and everyone I have a responsibility for is protected to the best of my ability.  I've done my part here.  If others choose not to do that then that's the risk they take and that's their decision.  Free will and the right to choose.  I'm not responsible for them and its not my concern.  

So what are these epidemiologists implying here?  Are they saying the vaccines do not work?  Are they saying I can still carry and incubate the virus in my system even if I am vaccinated and have antibodies in my system that stop the virus from replicating?  Does the vaccine actually stop the virus from replicating or does it simply stop it from producing any of the symptoms of the infection?  We need more information than just opinions, conclusions, and recommendations of epidemiologists.  We need the details on the facts and the information they're using to reach their conclusions.