The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, snafu said:

Maybe I am reading that wrong. Are reports of "elevated temperatures" in workplaces being reported as positive COVID cases?

I find this hard to believe.  Isn't a positive COVID test the only way to report an actual COVID case? 

No.  Pretty sure that the author is stating that the actual positive rate should be the 19 positive tests divided by the 956 total people screened at a cursory level.  Which, while the 1st # grossly inflated positive test rates the latter ignores asymptomatic people that are actually carrying the virus.

The real number is likely close to the 1.9% but higher than that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

This is interesting. We start having everyone back July 6th and will check temps daily.  I have not been trained on the protocol but if a high temp has to be reported as a COVID-19 case that’s really stupid. 

I think I must be reading that tweet wrong.

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

Maybe I am reading that wrong. Are reports of "elevated temperatures" in workplaces being reported as positive COVID cases?

I find this hard to believe.  Isn't a positive COVID test the only way to report an actual COVID case? 

I think what he is saying 956 get their temp taken everyday...people with elevated temp above a certain number are given a PCR test. Of those people, 18% actually had the virus. So while 956 were screened, the 103 given tests were already showing a symptom..therefore it would increse positive test rates, which is just as, or more scary than  just pure cases ...and has been increases steadily in the hot spot states

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think what he is saying 956 get their temp taken everyday...people with elevated temp above a certain number are given a PCR test. Of those people, 18% actually had the virus. So while 956 were screened, the 103 given tests were already showing a symptom..therefore it would increse positive test rates, which is just as, or more scary than  just pure cases ...and has been increases steadily in the hot spot states

Got it, thank you (and @Taro T).

Looks like about 10% have elevated temps and get a test, and 18% of those test out for COVID.  But overall, it should be just under 2% of people walking through the door.

Edit: until this COVID thing, I never knew just how bad I am at reading charts and graphs.

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

This is interesting. We start having everyone back July 6th and will check temps daily.  I have not been trained on the protocol but if a high temp has to be reported as a COVID-19 case that’s really stupid. 

That's not what they're saying.  They are reporting the % positive as the percentage of people WITH an elevated temp that are then testing positive.  They're reporting the percentage of a subset of the total group that is likely to have a greater positive percentage than the whole group's positive percentage as that of the whole group.

If there are no asymptomatic people in the whole group, the entire group's positive rate would be 1.9%.  Only if people without a fever are infected at the same rate as those with would the entire group's positive rate be 18%.

50 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Good lord dude.  Do you know what doesn't get paid by non-profits?  TAXES.  You're not this dumb are you? 

Oh Jim cmon man - I know non profits don’t pay taxes - but people choose to give to non profits - my tax dollars do NOT go to non profits. 

My tax dollars DO go to Trumps buddies when work is awarded to them from the government.

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh Jim cmon man - I know non profits don’t pay taxes - but people choose to give to non profits - my tax dollars do NOT go to non profits. 

My tax dollars DO go to Trumps buddies when work is awarded to them from the government.

...and they do appreciate you for your voluntary contributions to the Trump agenda. I thank you also. Keep up the good work.

Just now, Reality Check said:

...and they do appreciate you for your voluntary contributions to the Trump agenda. I thank you also. Keep up the good work.

Do you really think that he works a job where he earns enough to pay taxes?

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

You didn't get a tax cut?  You may want to talk to your CPA.

Trump was elected in part because he said he'd repeal and replace Obamacare.  You guys B word when he goes back on campaign promises and now you complain about him keeping his promises.  Geez.  You guys complain a lot.

Who said repealing Obamacare would leave millions without insurance?  Is that going to happen?   I'm relying on the replace part of repeal and replace to make it better. We shall see. 

The guy who got the contract worked for the pentagon under the Bush administration.  How does that make him a Trump crony?  Methinks you don't know what a crony is.

More spin Jim

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

incredible to me, all the hysteria over increased cases. if the morbidity rate is not rising along with the rise in cases, this is a very good thing.

Remembered when Fox News went nuts when Obama wore a tan suit?

lmao

image.thumb.jpeg.2f22480f7560bcb6227f44ccff62dac6.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BillStime said:

lmao ...

what in the holy ***** hell does this response have to do with my post?

i think your brian is broken...

Edited by Foxx

29 minutes ago, Foxx said:

what in the holy ***** hell does this response have to do with my post?

i think your brain is broken...

The hysteria bro! The hysteria! 

Can you imagine Fox News, you, @GG, and @Deranged Rhino if this were Obama? You freaks would have been going bonkers.

These stats just don’t reflect well on Trump and those GOP Governors who ran to open up so quickly just to save Trump a$$.

Furthermore - the EU is about to open up its borders to international citizens and the USA isn’t welcome.

But it’s Cuomo's fault - right?

Edited by BillStime

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Got it, thank you (and @Taro T).

Looks like about 10% have elevated temps and get a test, and 18% of those test out for COVID.  But overall, it should be just under 2% of people walking through the door.

Edit: until this COVID thing, I never knew just how bad I am at reading charts and graphs.

you and me both brother..that account had graphs that take me twenty minutes to figure out what he is saying

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The hysteria bro! The hysteria! 

Can you imagine Fox News, you, @GG, and @Deranged Rhino if this were Obama? You freaks would have been going bonkers.

These stats just don’t reflect on Trump and those GOP Governors who ran to open up so quickly just to save Trump a$$.

Furthermore - the EU is about to open up its borders to international citizens and the USA isn’t welcome.

But it’s Cuomo's fault - right?

you really are an idiot.

nice strawman you are attempting to deflect with. i'll let you argue against it since it has absolutely nothing to do with my post.

56 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Just now, SoCal Deek said:
57 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Was the suit worn AFTER Labor Day? Because if so then it’s open season!

• Haha (+1) 1