The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am counting the days until May 15th, and hope Cuomo opens up "upstate" long before that. My first call? My hairdresser. He's not doing underground styling (think of how stupid that sounds)  because if he was? I'd have already done it. I just hope he doesn't retire after this long shut down. 

Right hope he doesn't neither for you Buffalo_Gal. 

Hoping as well ends May 15th.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

I dispute that.  The way the polls are worded on the surface seem to suggest that but they really don’t 

Here is how they are worded:

What worries you more, that the U.S will move too quickly in loosening the restrictions or take too long?

That is a false choice.  That is either a black or white option.   Of course most people will say that they don’t want to open it up “too soon”.   Key word “too” .    Too soon implies lots of immediate negative connotations to it.

If the poll just added a little bit of nuance to it such as:

Which do you prefer,?

That the US opens up parts of the economy immediately,

or wait until you state and local governments determine its safe to open up parts of the economy

or wait until after there is an effective cure/vaccine  to open up parts of the economy?

That would be a much more informative and substantive poll question than providing a false dichotomy of a choice that they are providing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/more-americans-fear-lifting-coronavirus-restrictions-too-soon-wsj-nbc-poll-says-11587301203

Those positions with each and passing day will continue to move in the direction of normalcy.

I wasn't aware of this poll and agree with your take.  It does show me that the majority still fear the virus enough to except the mitigation rules in place.  Those would be better questions and my guess is in your hypothetical is they'd choose the middle option.  I've just been following this daily tracking poll and opinion hasn't shifted much when it comes to social distancing measures.  The overall tolerance for mitigation is still fairly high right now but you'll pry see more resistance once the number of deaths go significantly down.

Screenshot 2020-04-19 at 4.31.01 PM.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I just saw Schumer on OAN (waiting for the 5pm presser) say "they are close" to funding the paycheck protection program. It didn't sound clean as he mentioned hospitals (and something else).

Mnuchin, Democrats Say They Are Close on Small-Business Funding Agreement

Latest coronavirus stimulus package could include additional money for hospitals, expansion of national testing efforts

</snip>

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am counting the days until May 15th, and hope Cuomo opens up "upstate" long before that. My first call? My hairdresser. He's not doing underground styling (think of how stupid that sounds)  because if he was? I'd have already done it. I just hope he doesn't retire after this long shut down. 

My father lives in a nursing home in NYS. They have already had staff bring in cases (I posted pages ago about the letters my mother has received). It sucks right now for the elderly as they are most susceptible.  But the isolation must be horrible.

My mom is in hospice care at the Mt Morris nursing home, spoke with her today.  She is so depressed from not being able to see us, she goes days without answering the phone (a week this episode.) Me and my 2 siblings are super concerned she will pass away all alone.

My sister in Maine is pregnant, and is praying she lasts long enough for her to see her one last time, as she cannot travel the distance in her late stage of pregnancy.

I was not trying to put up a woe is me type post, just trying to let you know that you are not alone, and hope that fact brings you some sort of solace.

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518
  • Sad 7

3 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

My mom is in hospice care at the Mt Morris nursing home, spoke with her today.  She is so depressed from not being able to see us, she goes days without answering the phone (a week this episode.) Me and my 2 siblings are super concerned she will pass away all alone.

My sister in Maine is pregnant, and is praying she lasts long enough for her to see her one last time, as she cannot travel the distance in her late stage of pregnancy.

I was not trying to put up a woe is me type post, just trying to let you know that you are not alone, and hope that fact brings you some sort of solace.

(((virtual hugs)))

It is horrible. The stories that have come out about people battling illness/disease alone are heartbreaking.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

She is such a lying, disingenuous,  despicable human being.

Please, Lord Jesus, forgive her. For at this point in her life I truly believe she does not know what she is doing.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/wow-chris-wallace-calls-pelosi-pushing-tourism-chinatown-february-pelosi-lies-teeth-video/

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

(((virtual hugs)))

It is horrible. The stories that have come out about people battling illness/disease alone are heartbreaking.  

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

What is the purpose of this post?

I hope you are not victim shaming...

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

That will be 630 Trump Time LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

What is the purpose of this post?

I hope you are not victim shaming...

It’s what happens when people receive bad information from far right nut jobs like Trump.

Edited by BillStime

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

but you can threaten people w needing more ammo.

I threatened you?   You talking about guns reminded me I need more ammo which is true.  I'm running low. You took that as a threat?  Poor baby

Now how about addressing you using someone's death as a way to push an agenda.

Again.  ***** you!! 

Oh and again you still haven't answered my question.  How are you defending your family is someone with a weapon breaks into your home?

Edited by Chef Jim

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Outside of a few exceptions,  I wanna go on record and say Sugar Nipples has done a good job during this crisis. I have always voted against him, and VEHEMENTLY oppose alot his policy positions.  But in this instance, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being perfect, I give him a 7-8. Impressive,  considering he has never in his career on the public doll encountered a crisis like this. 

I hope this post ages well and I don't have to eat my words!?

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I threatened you?   You talking about guns reminded me I need more ammo which is true.  I'm running low. You took that as a threat?  Poor baby

Again.  ***** you!! 

WWW.BUDSGUNSHOP.COM

They are cheap, and ship ammo to your front door.

Yes, even in NYS.?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Again.  ***** you!! 

Big ***** deal. People around here do it all the time. *****, they even applaud people’s deaths in RIP threads. Poor baby! 

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

but you can threaten people w needing more ammo.

So if your neighbor goes shooting, comes home, and you happen to overhear him in his driveway commenting to his son  he needs to buy more ammo would you call the county Sheriff?