The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

8 hours ago, I-town Bills said:

It's been studied and found lacking. There is no normal sane reason for a politician to be recommending medications, but the cult latches on for dear life and this is quite clear. Why else would any of us care to promote a medication. Just find us ones that work and are safe per FDA standards. 

ummm... you do know that HCQ was approved like... 50 years ago, and has been used quite regularly to treat other diseases... right?

8 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Most of the vaccines here are going from 1 to 3--no phase 2. 

ummm... you do know that there has never, ever been a vaccine that was approved for any corona virus... right?

8 hours ago, I-town Bills said:

It's been studied and found lacking. There is no normal sane reason for a politician to be recommending medications, but the cult latches on for dear life and this is quite clear. Why else would any of us care to promote a medication. Just find us ones that work and are safe per FDA standards. 

Link? To research papers, not media idiots who wouldn't recognize actual science in any way shape or form. Show me your studies. Bring it.

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

There are no words to describe the amount of stupidity and evil demonstrated here.

The stupidity is thinking these people all died yesterday.  That it was unnecessary.  Somehow Trump and the GOPs fault.  And he could have just used California's population of 40 million conveniently ignored.  

The evil is continuing to compare the current situation as if it's a contest and missing (on purpose) the forest for the trees.     

I guess these maniacs continue to think its better to do this then discuss the devastation and societal harm their stay at home for life policies with no goal have caused.  Fauci must not be questioned.  Because you know his track record on this says he absolutely shouldn't be.

There is a special place in hell for these people.  

Of the 40 million people in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts, 1,700 died of Covid on April 17.  And your point, Kurt is?

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

"Victory" over the virus!

isn’t she a hero of the new leftists?

Gun confiscation.  Postponing elections.  

I’ve read this book before.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GG said:

Of the 40 million people in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts, 1,700 died of Covid on April 17.  And your point, Kurt is?

I'd say his point is it's not April 17th anymore, and let's start getting our lives back.

Edited by CarpetCrawler

8 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Here as in the USA? Link?

Apologies. Combining 2-3, not skipping. 

8 hours ago, Foxx said:

ummm... you do know that there has never, ever been a vaccine that was approved for any corona virus... right?

And? There will likely be a few pretty soon. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ALF said:

School opening is the canary in a coal mine  for this pandemic . We will just have to wait and see and hope for the best.  I'll be getting a early flu shot this year trying to be safer.

Schools and winter are potential inflection points on data. 

But we still need to be open. 

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ALF said:

School opening is the canary in a coal mine  for this pandemic . We will just have to wait and see and hope for the best.  I'll be getting a early flu shot this year trying to be safer.

I have not, but have you looked into the "conversation" of the Flu shot causing a lower resistance to the virus?

6 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I have not, but have you looked into the "conversation" of the Flu shot causing a lower resistance to the virus?

I'm skeptical of that , I don't want to risk having low immunity with the flu with covid out there (I'm high risk)

That's a good question for Hapless in OTW ,  I'll ask

Edited by ALF

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

I'm skeptical of that , I don't want to risk having low immunity with the flu with covid out there (I'm high risk)

Being skeptical of that is the right way to go. But the science committee will be here shortly to disabuse you of the notion of the effectiveness of vaccines. 

• Haha (+1) 1