The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

They don’t and will never get it! Did you see Mayor DeBlasio on the Sunday morning shows? The very first thing he went to was a federal bailout for his City workers! Not their health. Not the guy who runs the donut store. Nope! He wants CASH to pay his public employees who had their hours cut back, or lost pension money during this mess. Tone deaf and shameful.

Have not watched the Sunday morning shows since David Brinkley retired back in the mid-1990's.  Apologies to the late great Tim Russert but I though Brinkley was better in the round table discussions which I prefer versus Russert being better in candid interviews where the viewer seldom learns anything new.  Anyways, for pure entertainment value and not because I agree with the content of the show the liberal college professor roundtable shows are the ones I watch for the unintentionally hilarious takes on politics. 

35 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Only my recollection of events and numbers..will search further, but approximately

Trial in Chicago , results leakes about two weeks ago...something like 120 severely ill, 112 walked out of hospital within 2 weeks, 5 still fighting, 3 died. 

About a week ago, China says there trial ended in failure, and felt the drug was leading to unnecessary deaths, two other trials could not find enough volunteers for trial. Those results show up on the WHO website "by mistake" .Gtliead disputes results Stock tanked. Cramer came out and was very vocal dont trust China or Who, trust the U of Chicago and Harvard studies when they come out next week. He was crushed for that.

Today is today..need to read more , need @Hapless Bills Fan to help this dummy understand it.

Overall, just good to see some positive news. And count this TDS dude as one who praised Trump on his stance with the WHO!!!!

Plenz if you want HaplessBillsFan to engage, you should probably go up to OTW (no politics). He thinks we have cooties down in the dungeon. :cry:

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

Good petri dish.  Let's see if Williamsburg cases spike by the end of the week. 

If they don't, then there's even less of a reason to continue the 

Nothing to do with end of a week. This behavior has been going on in Brooklyn and Westchester since this all began. The rabbis are doing some of the very stupid things as some Christian clergy.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Plenz if you want HaplessBillsFan to engage, you should probably go up to OTW (no politics). He thinks we have cooties down in the dungeon. :cry:

well, being a scientist should know how to spot cooties!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Nothing to do with end of a week. This behavior has been going on in Brooklyn and Westchester since this all began. The rabbis are doing some of the very stupid things as some Christian clergy.

Westchester was different

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

What does that mean?

It's apparently easy to confuse events that occurred in completely separate synagogues of completely different branches of Judaism.

Good thing you're a liberal and your intentions are more pure.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

It's apparently easy to confuse events that occurred in completely separate synagogues of completely different branches of Judaism.

Good thing you're a liberal and your intentions are more pure.

I still don't know what you mean. Williamsburg and Monsey have not been respecting social distancing. Are you saying that is inaccurate?'

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

He would rather speculate on 5G towers

Wrong, as always.

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I still don't know what you mean. Williamsburg and Monsey have not been respecting social distancing. Are you saying that is inaccurate?'

I'm guessing Westchester was a Freudian slip?

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

According to the CDC website there have a total of FOUR Covid deaths of any K12 aged student anywhere in America and yet we closed every school in the country. Yes....that’s right....FOUR! 

Why do you think death of students is the important factor??

We had a cluster of 5 pre-K teachers who became ill, teaching young children who had just returned from family ski vacation in N  Italy

The classic concern with schools as an "infection amplifyer" is not that so many of the students become seriously ill

It is they carry the infection and infect the staff and teachers who become more seriously ill.  It is that they infect each other, and then the newly infected children take the infection home to their parents, who pass it along.  This is especially a problem with a disease where children appear to become asymptomatically or mildly symptomatically ill - you can't prevent it by asking parents to keep feverish children home, for example, because the children may not be feverish.  They may not have any symptoms at all.

You can't address that effect by counting numbers of covid-19 deaths in young children

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Only my recollection of events and numbers..will search further, but approximately

Trial in Chicago , results leakes about two weeks ago...something like 120 severely ill, 112 walked out of hospital within 2 weeks, 5 still fighting, 3 died. 

About a week ago, China says there trial ended in failure, and felt the drug was leading to unnecessary deaths, two other trials could not find enough volunteers for trial. Those results show up on the WHO website "by mistake" .Gtliead disputes results Stock tanked. Cramer came out and was very vocal dont trust China or Who, trust the U of Chicago and Harvard studies when they come out next week. He was crushed for that.

Today is today..need to read more , need @Hapless Bills Fan to help this dummy understand it.

Overall, just good to see some positive news. And count this TDS dude as one who praised Trump on his stance with the WHO!!!!

I will try to summarize current results on remdesivir and other clinical trials soon.  Will be in covid-19 facts thread OTW

The problem with the Chicago clinical trial is that it was not designed to have a placebo arm.  It was 2 doses of remdesivir.  So it leaves unanswered the question of how many would walk out of hospital in 2 weeks if not treated.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3