The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

25 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Nothing. If you have Voter ID. One person. One ID. One vote. In person. 

What do you have against that? I mean, you need to show up to get your driver's license. You have to show up to get your freaking fishing license. You have to show up to get welfare. What's the big deal about voting that has leftists in a tizzy. 

Answer:  Voter ID...one ID one vote blows up ballot harvesting, the biggest Dem Party scam in the country.

Are you not famliar with ballot harvesting?

I want purple thumbs.  ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

He'll become the loudest spox for it if he comes all the way back... 

He's going to be alright??? I'm shocked! I thought he was a goner for sure

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Freedom is hard, Justice. It's risky. Sometimes it's deadly. 

Big boy rules. 

Then the country is gone anyway, and the election won't matter. 

Gone? It's going to be bad, but isn't that a bit dramatic?

9 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I thought the projections at the start were 2 million people dead here.....

Thousands dying everywhere and these aholes still have time to fit this in their hectic, overworked sked. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The BBC reported this morning that he never lost consciousness, and he was sitting up and talking.

Kinda like how I am when I have the flu or cold. 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He'll become the loudest spox for it if he comes all the way back... 

Did he take it?  All I kept hearing yesterday was reports about his condition worsening and every time I'd yell at the TV "did they put him on HCQ and zinc?"

2 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Gone? It's going to be bad, but isn't that a bit dramatic?

Not dramatic in the least, if anything, it's underselling the issue.

First, you wouldn't be able to close down the country for 18 months and get the majority of people to go along with it willingly. The better the weather gets, the more people are going to break quarantine. So that means you'd have to enforce the lock down through martial law. That won't happen without without riots, without demonstrations, without violence and death in the streets.

Never mind the cost of moving an election (we'll never get it back if we do), the sign that sends to enemies of this country around the world and to those enemies within our country who are in power today. Once they see they can move an election without blowback, they'll NEVER leave office. Why should they?  

And none of that touches the farcical idea that you can just shut off the economy for 18 months without a massive human cost. A cost that dwarfs the numbers being tossed around from this virus. 

The country would never recover. 

(which is why some people in power are pushing for this so hard)

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Seems akin to how we report infant mortality that makes it seem worse than the rest of the world.

You, I and everyone knows that this was never going to happen.  In the future though...

HCQ opens zinc channels which allow zinc to enter cells and arrest the process that allows the virus to create DNA templates to make more of itself.  Malaria doesn't work that way.

I would start by cancelling America's debt to China.  And then go from there.

But this is literally some dude's theory? Or is it based on actual research?

Just now, Doc said:

Did he take it?  All I kept hearing yesterday was reports about his condition worsening and every time I'd yell at the TV "did they put him on HCQ and zinc?"

That's another 11cents for Trump            ?

• Haha (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I'm not certain, but that's the rumor. Trump called and made the suggestion with his team Monday or Tuesday. Which is right around when he started making a turn, hence the speculation. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Think, really think, about what you're suggesting though, Justice. And this is said as someone who likes your posts a great deal :beer: 

On one hand you're acknowledging that the people in power have been power hungry and after our rights for decades, regardless of party (and I agree with you fully), but then on the other hand you're suggesting letting FEAR control you to the point of staying inside, giving up your sacred right to vote and hold those very people accountable, so they can continue to remain in power until they tell us it's safe to go outside? 

You can't have it both ways.

You’re absolutely right. I see all of your points of views and appreciate and respect them. 

Here’s my take and this describes me as a father, husband and friend to all that know me. I will never do anything to put my loved ones lives in jeopardy. When/if this all ends I will know I did my best to keep them safe. 

Also to those of you that mention the people that have died defending our rights. I can imagine, if they were here today, they’d be equally as split on this subject as we all are right now as a nation. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not dramatic in the least, if anything, it's underselling the issue.

First, you wouldn't be able to close down the country for 18 months and get the majority of people to go along with it willingly. The better the weather gets, the more people are going to break quarantine. So that means you'd have to enforce the lock down through martial law. That won't happen without without riots, without demonstrations, without violence and death in the streets.

Never mind the cost of moving an election (we'll never get it back if we do), the sign that sends to enemies of this country around the world and to those enemies within our country who are in power today. Once they see they can move an election without blowback, they'll NEVER leave office. Why should they?  

And none of that touches the farcical idea that you can just shut off the economy for 18 months without a massive human cost. A cost that dwarfs the numbers being tossed around from this virus. 

The country would never recover. 

(which is why some people in power are pushing for this so hard)

Agree with all of this. I think once people see that no one they know are affected they will instinctively see through it. You can only roll out so many celebrities and public officials and various crisis actors being sick. 

Edited by Dante
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dante said:

Agree with all of this. I think once people see that no one they know are affected they will instinctively see through it. You can only roll out so many celebrities and public officials being sick. 

I know two people that have it. One is on his way to recovery. The other isn’t looking promising at all. 

4 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Have any of these deaths even been verified?

A bit of sarcasm. How could they have time for choreography when their hospital is a virtual war zone? 

4 minutes ago, Justice said:

I know two people that have it. One is on his way to recovery. The other isn’t looking promising at all. 

My father died of pneumonia four years ago. I'm sure now he would be a covid stat. Hey I'm not denying this strain of flu isn't real. It's just the norm sensationalized. 

Edited by Dante