Jump to content
YoloinOhio

Cody Ford fined over 28k for illegal blind side block

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

The penalty was legit he loaded up, lead with his shoulder and forearm, left his feet and made contact with the head.

 

All totally unnecessary to do the job.

 

Ford is a dumb, dirty football player at this point.

 

That needs to change.

 

Fining him is good........he needs to learn to be accountable for his decisions on the field not defended for them.

i think you made my point about your strong opinion.
But yes. he has plenty of work to do. No questions there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

I don't care about other teams players or whether they get fined..................I care about Bills players not doing totally unnecessary things that hurt the team.

 

But go ahead, send him $20....pay his fines for him Bills fans.......and then when he keeps getting stupid penalties next season you can keep fighting the law with him and see how that works out for ya'.:thumbsup:

I would not contribute to a gfm campaign irrespective of my feelings about the penalty, nor would I expect a player to send me a donation to help offset a monetary penalty related to my business.  It represents an occupational hazard, and there’s a process for him to appeal or resolve as he sees fit. 

 

I applaud your tunnel vision and the simplicity of your approach. There are times I wish I could tune out some of the distractions, but always assumed if I did, I’d be a more reasonable and happy fan.  Maybe not. 
 

Let’s hope that next year, we both win.  Your boys in stripes find some level of consistency, games are called squarely, and CF becomes a league favorite so if he does inadvertently kill shot a guy, no flag will follow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

The penalty was legit he loaded up, lead with his shoulder and forearm, left his feet and made contact with the head.

 

All totally unnecessary to do the job.

 

Ford is a dumb, dirty football player at this point.

 

That needs to change.

 

Fining him is good........he needs to learn to be accountable for his decisions on the field not defended for them.

 

Football Zebras had a game blog that celebrated the call made on the EZ non touchback as a common sense ruling and the penalty on Ford as legit as have you.  I see Ford with his hands low, almost coming to a stop, the defender actually initiating the contact to Ford's upper arm as he is turned to face him and then Ford pushing with his hands extended.  No forcible contact to the head, no blindside hit from the side, no force involved that is a threat to injure.  This was no where near a "decleater" and the defender's "54" was facing him.  This was a block that amounted to a push with the defender taking two steps back.  Where is the common sense applied in this case?  Not forcible = no injury threat = no call = no fine.  Initiate with the head, shoulder or forearm and forcible are necessary parts to make the call and issue the fine and are standards not not met, imo.  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I specifically watched for any "blindside blocks" all weekend. I may have missed it but did not see any called. However I did see plenty of plays worse than Ford. Absurd he is getting fined for that. NFL should be ashamed of themselves. Double-downing on the we didn't make a mistake like so many think we did. Horse crap. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I specifically watched for any "blindside blocks" all weekend. I may have missed it but did not see any called. However I did see plenty of plays worse than Ford. Absurd he is getting fined for that. NFL should be ashamed of themselves. Double-downing on the we didn't make a mistake like so many think we did. Horse crap. 

I was looking too lol...saw a bunch that didn't get called. It's a common occurrence with a mobile QB once he breaks the pocket. If it really was a point of emphasis it could have been called easily 10x this weekend

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mailing my $1 in pennies to the NFL today with the note "for Cody Fords fine, GTFO"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I was looking too lol...saw a bunch that didn't get called. It's a common occurrence with a mobile QB once he breaks the pocket. If it really was a point of emphasis it could have been called easily 10x this weekend

Exactly - not sure why they cant have the rule be consistent with any other roughing type penalty or make it illegal to block anywhere but the line of scrimmage. Soo much power to refs if they cant be consistent. Then to fine a guy for play like that...and as others note not fine a guy who dives helmet first at a guy and knocks him out of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Plano said:

mailing my $1 in pennies to the NFL today with the note "for Cody Fords fine, GTFO"

I suppose if it makes you feel better. But do you think anyone outside of the mail room will even know about it?

Edited by CodeMonkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...