Allen or Watson ( Who would you rather have leading your team Saturday)

Buffalo716

Who would you rather have   

311 members have voted

1. 1. This Saturday: If you had the choice of either QB, who would you want leading your team

• Josh Allen
    • Deshaun Watson

Well, if the two QBs were switched and all other variables remained the same, I would expect Watson to vastly outperform Allen, not only because his OL would be better, but mainly because his talents would be going against a much inferior defense. Does anyone truly believe Allen would be capable of Watson’s performance if he went against that Buffalo defense with a shabby Houston OL? A Houston Texans team QB by Josh Allen all season doesn’t make the playoffs IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

He sure did....and U know what else he did...he got hut by 2 defenders....gathered himself and threw a nice pass to a former Bill, we wouldn't even put on the field....what did Josh do in that situation...He made a great run and at the end, instead of going down.... HE TRIED TO PITCH THE BALL TO SOMEBODY ELSE....like in time was left on the clock.....but like you said.....Its close.....OK buddy!!!?

That’s the most false analogy I’ve ever seen.

Seriously.

In a clutch overtime situation, when pressured, Allen legit made the same play: he hit Singletary on a ridiculous throw for a first down. Am I supposed to blame Allen for Taiwan Jones’ play? That’s really stupid.

But it’s clear to me that you are willing to dismiss anything that doesn’t support your point, so I’ll move on.

7 minutes ago, kbarrettb said:

Even Tannehill had 53% completion. 

So it’s that 1% that matters? Pretty sure you don’t believe that 

13 minutes ago, kbarrettb said:

52% completion in a playoff game isn’t gonna cut it. Not even close. Josh made so many mistakes running and throwing the ball. He single handedly is the reason they lost the game. 

Singlehandedly? It’s not John Brown for not dragging a foot, or Duke for dropping a TD, or Knox for whiffing on a block that almost certainly clears Allen into easy FG range, or Ford for taking a penalty that denies the team a FG try, or the defense for the 3rd and 18 debacle?

Just Allen. Got it.

Some if you people are delusional.

Those who picked Allen in this poll before the game took a gamble. They bet on Allen. All of the evidence suggested that Watson was a far better QB. Yet, some people chose Allen. This is a bit baffling, since Allen didn't even have that great of a season. He definitely improved from 2018, but his season was pretty average. I think everybody wanted Allen to have a great game against Houston, regardless of who they voted for in this poll. Allen has potential and we will see if he becomes as good as Watson next season. But Watson is a great QB and should have won this poll by a landslide. If Allen can become as good as Watson, we will be in the playoffs for years to come. Go Allen and Go Bills for 2020!

Edited by leonbus23
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

That’s the most false analogy I’ve ever seen.

Seriously.

In a clutch overtime situation, when pressured, Allen legit made the same play: he hit Singletary on a ridiculous throw for a first down. Am I supposed to blame Allen for Taiwan Jones’ play? That’s really stupid.

But it’s clear to me that you are willing to dismiss anything that doesn’t support your point, so I’ll move on.

So it’s that 1% that matters? Pretty sure you don’t believe that 

Singlehandedly? It’s not John Brown for not dragging a foot, or Duke for dropping a TD, or Knox for whiffing on a block that almost certainly clears Allen into easy FG range, or Ford for taking a penalty that denies the team a FG try, or the defense for the 3rd and 18 debacle?

Just Allen. Got it.

Some if you people are delusional.

Hahaha.....I'm done with U.....U don't have a clue what you're watching out there.

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Agreed.

Tell that to Tannehill, who went 8/15 for 72 yards in a win last night.

Tannehill did it on the road against the best pass defense in the league. Houston’s is one of the worst. Not exploiting Beasley vs a team that can’t cover slot guys was a huge miss by Allen.

1 minute ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Hahaha.....I'm done with U.....U don't have a clue what you're watching out there.

That you’d say so most certainly reinforces that I know what I’m seeing.

Thanks for the reassurance 

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Tannehill did it on the road against the best pass defense in the league. Houston’s is one of the worst. Not exploiting Beasley vs a team that can’t cover slot guys was a huge miss by Allen.

Oh he didn’t get it done, no question.

My point is that the stupidity of hard-and-fast statements line “XX completion percentage won’t get it done” is laughable. It’s always the same thing with Allen discussion: a fair number of people refuse to evaluate on the merits and simply must default to a narrative.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

That you’d say so most certainly reinforces that I know what I’m seeing.

Thanks for the reassurance 

OK Buddy.....they're basically the same player.....you're right....keep watching....you're doing such a great job.

Just now, Jaywrizzo said:

OK Buddy.....they're basically the same player.....you're right....keep watching....you're doing such a great job.

You can’t read if that’s what you think I said.

My money is on you are upset about the loss and feel like arguing 

20 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You can’t read if that’s what you think I said.

My money is on you are upset about the loss and feel like arguing 

And you're dumb if U can't see Josh was playing against a low ranked D......I guess the other kid was playing against a bad D too....huh? Yeah...but its been nice talking to U.

2 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

And you're dumb if U can't see Josh was playing against a low ranked D......I guess the other kid was playing against a bad D too....huh? Yeah...but its been nice talking to U.

Come back when you’re less emotional and we’ll have a more meaningful exchange.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/1/2020 at 6:41 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Happy new year. I’m trying not to get in as many pointless debates this year.  Literally the only place where Watson won’t crush Allen in this poll is on a Bills board.  The guy who was a legend in college is off to a HOF start.  Maybe Allen will get there but there’s no comparison at this point.  Allen is a big play game manager on a win with defense, conservative team.  Watson has to carry a very flawed team every week.

so while Watson and Allen isn’t that close, the Bills might have the better team and that’s all that matters on Saturday. Cheers. 

Watson also has better weapons on offense on the balance. 

55 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Tell that to Tannehill, who went 8/15 for 72 yards in a win last night.

Right. Also, in spite of some questionable decisions on Allen's part, in spite of some bad throws, in spite of some bad plays by his receivers (Williams in the end zone, Brown along the sideline, etc), in spite of some conservative play calling in some stretches, Allen still managed to make a lot of good plays (and some great plays) and put up 372 all purpose yards

Edited by billsfan1959

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Tannehill is what he is. A run of 7 or 8 decent starts does not fool me. 

Agreed. My point was that a sweeping generalization that is a de facto fallback to the %age narrative is a sloppy characterization of Allen’s game yesterday. 

I don’t know why it can’t be both that Allen didn’t play well enough AND that the playmakers around him didn’t capitalize on their opportunities to bail him out by making routine plays.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

36 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

11 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Why all the aggression? Seriously.

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Agreed. My point was that a sweeping generalization that is a de facto fallback to the %age narrative is a sloppy characterization of Allen’s game yesterday. 

I don’t know why it can’t be both that Allen didn’t play well enough AND that the playmakers around him didn’t capitalize on their opportunities to bail him out by making routine plays.

And it is definitely both. If the playmakers made the plays that were there to be made when Josh was on point in the first half the game might well have been over and the chaotic offense and panicked Josh we saw later in the game might never have mattered. Nor would the fact that Watson was always gonna get hot at some stage. He is just too good not to.

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And it is definitely both. If the playmakers made the plays that were there to be made when Josh was on point in the first half the game might well have been over and the chaotic offense and panicked Josh we saw later in the game might never have mattered. Nor would the fact that Watson was always gonna get hot at some stage. He is just too good not to.

Exactly.

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Let’s see, both lead their teams to 19 regulation points. Both benefited from a turnover that resulted in a FG. Both made spectacular throws to RBs in overtime. Both made great plays with their legs in overtime that put the team in position to kick a GW FG (unfortunately Buffalo caught a penalty after a brutal missed block). Both threw for ~250 yards.

What was the biggest difference in the game? I’ll give you 2: timely penalties and plays made by WRs.

Oh, and I picked Watson just so you know. And yes, it’s a lot closer than people think.

Oh my god.

Both threw for 250 yards huh?