After rewatch , the Run Game was by far the biggest difference

JerseyBills

22 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

The Bills need to get a starting level RB this offseason,  Singeltary is not good enough IMO.   Small and slow who relies on making people miss is not going to get you results you need for a team that runs first & second down.  

Or maybe if they used a HOF back that they have on the roster the way he made his hay between the tackles instead of having him on the field for only 2 plays & not 1 carry might be a start Just saying ! 

Dabol has the weapons on the roster but really pulls some head scratchers it's like he can't see the forest for the trees some times .

They say we need a big bodied WR that can box out DB's & go for the contested throws on the active roster & they have one they keep inactive, they need a better run game & they have a HOF back that gets 2 plays & no carries ? not to mention Dimarco was one of the best at FB when they brought him here & he's hardly ever on the field !! 

Sure Frank may not be what he once was so don't try to run him around the out side run him up the gut at least a hand full of plays to see what you come up with, it's kind of like the Duke thing yo  will never find out about a player if you keep them on the bench especially after the have proven their ability on the field !! 

23 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

The Pats established a solid run game all day . Routinely ripping off 5-7 yards , getting first downs and most importantly , used the run to set up the pass and a very effective Play Action for Tommy.  They took it to us in the run game , the defenses worse performance since Philly in that regard. 

Buffalo couldn't do anything on the ground but 26 is a dog , just wasn't enough holes and extremely inconsistent. I swear it feels like Dabol throws away 3 drives a game with super predictable play calling on 1st and 2nd down and puts us in terrible position to keep driving.  

It was obvious that whenever they lined up that Linebacker at Fullback they were in "smash it down your throat" mode.  Then they sprinkled in a couple well timed play action passes.

If I recall, the Bills on offense actually used play action pretty effectively on that last drive to get into scoring position. I hate watching them run the ball directly into the line on first down drive after drive, but it does set things up for misdirection late in the game.

Lol at people blaming the defense as the number 1 problem. You are playing the goat in his home where he is 42-1 with Edelman in the starting lineup. Have some freaking balls and bring your a game. McDermott played scared and gave the patriots 3 points by not challenging the 4th and 1 play in the first half. Just a dumb reason to not lose one of three timeouts they still had. Also not having the balls to go for it on 4th and 1 in the second half when the offense kept going 3 and out and not trying to sling the ball around more. Terrible gameplan, and terrible offensive philosophy all around. They need to let Allen lose and stop trying to protect him so much. Daboll has some terrible play calls at bad timing inside of the red zone in the first quarter and at the end of the game. It would have been nice to blitz Brady more but what killed the bills was not being able to sustain any sort of offense when they had the lead. Everyone knows the best defense at times is a good offense and the offense took the their foot off the gas and left the defense out to dry. Anyone notice the time differential? The defense was gassed by the end of that game. You want to win in NE then you need to put your big boy pants on and score more than 17 points. End of story. We aren’t trying to squeak out wins against Pitts and a third string qb. Come on people. 

23 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It didn't help that Josh was overthrowing receivers a lot again in the first half... He's just not dropping it in the bucket when the play is there and that is concerning. He called it "jitters", but you never want to hear your franchise QB say they have "the jitters"... they are supposed to be in the zone and have ice water in their veins. 

We can't get the running game going consistently if the passing game is out of sync. The Cheatriots teed off and we got out of balance. Josh needs to be more consistent and the holes will be there.

I would argue that JA and the offense had to take what the Pat's defense was giving them.  The Bills could not establish any kind of running game the entire game, logging in fewer than 50 total yds (ignoring JAs rushing yards).  This made the Bills one dimensional.  The Bill's offense, when successful, didn't consume much TOP, which then put our D on the field against the Pat's run offense which they were pretty damn successful doing.  They had two drives in the first half that consumed 7 and 8 minutes, setting the stage for the rest of the game.  NE had two RBs with just under 100 yds apiece.

I think Daboll failed our running game game planning.  We needed a balanced offensive attack to beat this NE defense and we didn't bring it.  We couldn't find the running game.  Folks are blaming Allen for the TOP difference.  The successes the Bills had passing the ball, against a very tough defense, caused us to score faster, putting our D on the field more.  While it was an ugly first half, the score was tied at the half.   TOP was lopsided because NE used a ton of time running the ball on long, sustained, drives and our offense had to throw the ball because we couldn't run it at all.  The Bills punted one time more than their average for the year.  Against the best defense, that isn't the concern.  We couldn't run the ball.

BB outcoached us again.

21 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Really. ? I think Devin is a #1 or at least a 1a ,1b type of situation. His vision is ridiculous..

He has handled the workload well the last few weeks , we just had a piss poor showing by the OL in the run gm. I think with the right complement to him , he can be a star. I trust this FO to find that this off-season

I think Devin is a strong RB.  We need a second one, giving us that one, two punch.  NE had to RBs Sat that logged in just under 100yds apiece.

21 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Lack of running game is huge. The Bills need another effective RB. Singletary gets yards , but he doesn’t churn yards when creases aren’t there. They need a power back to compliment him, and Gore of 6-7 years ago would be that guy. Daboll puts his limited offense behind the sticks. They’re not good enough to overcome it consistently , and when the rush is in Allen’s face , he doesn’t set his feet right. That means short passes are low and others sail. Some first down passes will allow Allen to have an extra second and set his feet. 

Singletary creates lots of extra yards. The oline was pathetic. He got hit behind the line on almost every play. Barry Sanders wouldn’t have done anything with that line play. We do need a complimentary RB but Singletary is part of the future.

23 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

The Bills need to get a starting level RB this offseason,  Singeltary is not good enough IMO.   Small and slow who relies on making people miss is not going to get you results you need for a team that runs first & second down.  The fact is someone compared him to JOE CRIBBS which is fake if they saw JOE CRIBBS play,  Cribbs had break away speed which Singletary does not.

Singeltary just needs a complimentary back, I know everyone quoting size but the truth is Singletary runs big, I want some speed like and if someone like Salvon Ahmed comes out he could be someone worth a look. 

21 hours ago, pop gun said:

You guys are funny that think Singletary isn't good enough to be a 1 RB.

Devin is 19th in the league in total yards rushing, 15th in yards per game, 19th in 1st downs and 5th in yards/attempt despite being 26th in carries, throw in 29 receptions and he has only started 8 games, a rookie to boot. You haters are nuts, this kid is dynamite! 

Coming into this week he was also 5th in the NFL in rushing yards per game since becoming a starter too.