17 points again - McD says he wants 21, but certainly doesn't play that way

Billsfan1972

Just now, MAJBobby said:

that would require putting the Ball into your QBs hands. They didn’t want to do that. It was very clear and has been very clear. 

I think its more than that.  There are a lot of "safe" like plays they can put in and its simply not in the playbook.  You are a smart guy.  Do you not look at our offense?  Most of our passing plays are designed around 10-20 yards.  Im not talking about the sole check down guy.  Im talking about having multiple short routes.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I think its more than that.  There are a lot of "safe" like plays they can put in and its simply not in the playbook.  You are a smart guy.  Do you not look at our offense?  Most of our passing plays are designed around 10-20 yards.  Im not talking about the sole check down guy.  Im talking about having multiple short routes.

multiple short routes? Why?  The routes we ran when we actually put the Ball in Allen’s hand moved the ball easily on Patriots. 

fact is we have only 2 WRs 1 TE (who has key drops) and an OL that also struggles for stretches. The Offense isn’t ready yet. And Daboll does have issues at times but to only blame him is a weak argument. The Offense has been the same for how many years now?  Always the same when Bills make a Defensive Coach Hire. Run the Ball and play defense is their mindset. 

McD needs to evolve that mindset. Because no matter what OC you bring in they are going to call the offense that fits the vision and mentality of their HC. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

After punting the ball back to Brady, it took just three snaps for the Patriots to get to the Bills 38 where Pats would have gotten it even if the Bills failed to convert on 4th and inches.

One play after that they were inside the Bills 15.

Let your players play.

BTW I've not seen a replay, but was Allen really short or again did the refs give the Patriots a generous spot?

Just now, fansince88 said:

They won by the spread right? They had us in every stat before the game on O and we mixed it up on D. Pretty simple really.

Pats have had the worst offense in the league since week 9 in terms of yards per play. Their passing offense has been non existent and their rushing offense middling.

The Bills’ D got gashed anyway. At some point the Bills’ offense needs to step up against a decent defense.

They’ll be one and done in the playoffs if they can’t put up more than 17.

This game came down to Michel outrunning Singletary and Brady completing more balls.  The Bills couldn't run it very well and Josh lacks consistent accuracy and needs to make decisions more quickly on some plays.  Bills badly need a bigger stronger RB to compliment Singletary.  Josh should continue to improve. 

That and they need a big receiver. 

Edited by keepthefaith

Just now, MDH said:

Pats have had the worst offense in the league since week 9 in terms of yards per play. Their passing offense has been non existent and their rushing offense middling.

The Bills’ D got gashed anyway. At some point the Bills’ offense needs to step up against a decent defense.

They’ll be one and done in the playoffs if they can’t put up more than 17.

See my reply above. Good day sir. Find another team if your not patient enough to wait 1 more year. We are almost there  

To my surprise given our defensive stats of late .. but the GOAT had much more time unobstructed than Josh did and they the Pats ran all that underneath crap (why we can't seem to double Edelman every play is beyond me) ... bottom line against many a playoff team we've had chance at end of the game to tie/win.  So we can blah blah blah about points per game .. but we aren't KC .. we are built today on our defense and stopping opponents  ... and yesterday that side of the ball had the Pats pinned down to the 1 yard line and let them march the entire length of the field and net of his early fumble (great play by Poyer) made Burkhead look like tackle breaking Riggins getting into the endzone.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

multiple short routes? Why?  The routes we ran when we actually put the Ball in Allen’s hand moved the ball easily on Patriots. 

fact is we have only 2 WRs 1 TE (who has key drops) and an OL that also struggles for stretches. The Offense isn’t ready yet. And Daboll does have issues at times but to only blame him is a weak argument. The Offense has been the same for how many years now?  Always the same when Bills make a Defensive Coach Hire. Run the Ball and play defense is their mindset. 

McD needs to evolve that mindset. Because no matter what OC you bring in they are going to call the offense that fits the vision and mentality of their HC. 

And always the same excuse.....  They could have spent more on the offense & brought in a large receiver/target or done something/anything.....

We can blame it on the Process......?

yes Jets put up a big 310 against the Ravens...and the game was over midway through the second quarter

couple thoughts-

1) we aren't playing in a dome sometimes we look at fantasy numbers like a Drew Brees and dont take into account he plays about 12 games a year in a dome as well as one in tampa one in Carolina ...most teams going to put up yards and points in domes especially those who play in them repeatedly.

2) I didn't like the game plan, played scared afraid to make a mistake but still often did third and long consistently. New England constantly 2nd and 2 we would stuff that and then  they would pick it up on 3rd and 1 or 2. Conservative works when you have a physical kick butt o line we do not. When forced to move the ball let Allen throw it we moved it. It was house money I would have let Allen throw it as much as possible maybe hold a TE to help Cody Ford because he was the target fore Bellichik and was used yesterday. They all had  their problems Dawkins has 8-12 plays where he is brutal. Morse cant stay in the game, Spain does a good job and Felicianao has been very good. Two out of 5 won't work against good defenses. Patriots 13.2 pts given up per game is #1 by a lot but for some reason we can't respect that

3) Allen's ceiling is incredibly high he is getting better and better. He was a project when drafted and we want him to play like he wasn't. Tiny high school to junior college to Wyoming and yet we continue to think he should play like Manning with a former NFL quarterback dad, groomed as a youth SEC national championship College quarterback who played in a pro offense then onto the NFL as a overall #1 pick playing in a dome.  Reality is he's coming along very very nicely my expectations are for him to become a top qb in the league by the end of year 3. Give him someone  to throw to over 5ft 8 at the wide out position and Ford improvement at tackle and they will take another step. 

Doesnt mean I'm not disappointed when they lose or upset when he makes a bad play but I'm not clueless to where he's coming from with unrealistic expectations.  WGR latest subject is he's the number seven pick, he's the number seven pick !!  And if you knew anything about the game you would see why (which leaves the morning and afternoon hosts out) he wasn't drafted number seven for his first two seasons as a starter which by the way he's 15-11 with a playoff appearance coming up.  This sounds like too much WGR - telling me good teams don't run it and offense matters not defense- fantasy football is not reality football 

top rushing 

Ravens-49ers-Seahawks-Vikings-Cowboys-Bills  =83% playoffs here

top defense

Patriots-Bills-Bears-Rams-Vikings-Steelers= 83% playoffs here

most pass attempts and Brady is always the outlier

Winston-Brady-Goff-Wentz-Ryan-Prescott-Rivers= so taking Brady out I'm at 0%

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

See my reply above. Good day sir. Find another team if your not patient enough to wait 1 more year. We are almost there  

The same that was said in 2017.....  It's always wait one more year....

BTW how did that work for Jacksonville that was one play from the SB in 2017 & now a mess?????

Play for today

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

And always the same excuse.....  They could have spent more on the offense & brought in a large receiver/target or done something/anything.....

We can blame it on the Process......?

is it an excuse?  It is the reality the offense isn’t complete. 

now is that on McD and Beane (Absolutely). They were in a position that they knew they were likely going to make the playoffs and could have used the Deadline to address they didn’t. That was their choice to preserve the future flexibility for a team that is going to make the playoffs for 2nd time in 3 years. 

they will continue to build this offense and put more weapons around Allen this offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

Yeah, find another team if I don’t blindly just ignore bad play. ??

I’m sorry if you can’t acknowledge both good and bad play by your favorite team. It doesn’t mean the rest of us have to do the same.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The same that was said in 2017.....  It's always wait one more year....

BTW how did that work for Jacksonville that was one play from the SB in 2017 & now a mess?????

Play for today

I believe we were playing for today yesterday.  Most benefit will be protecting key players next week. IE, Mitch Morse.  Btw, cant compare Jacksonville.  They dont have a process in place. Just look at the way they handled things after that year.

Edited by fansince88

13 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

BTW I've not seen a replay, but was Allen really short or again did the refs give the Patriots a generous spot?

I think he was barely short although it could have been a little generous for the Pats. It was a great tackle by the Patriot who nailed him. So close. Game may have turned out very differently if he made that first down.

3 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Yeah, remember how they just played for a FG near the end of the first half, when they could have had Josh chuck it downfield for a TD?

Oh, wait...

And what did he do on offense immediately after taking the lead. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I believe we were playing for today yesterday.  Most benefit will be protecting key players next week. IE, Mitch Morse.  Btw, cant compare Jacksonville.  They dont have a process in place. Just look at the way they handled things after that year.

How do you know?????  Because McD coined the phrase "Process".....

Seems a lot here love the word Process from a coach who took over a team that went 24-24 the three years prior to him & is 25-22 with him as coach......