Joe B All-22 vs Steelers - Cody Ford has best game at RT

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think Taylor allows them to let Phillips walk if he demands too much money, or if they think his excellent season is a product of the system or a contract year. 

I'm pretty sure the Bills see Taylor and are using him as a 1 Technique. He has more of a long term potential to replace Star. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I'm pretty sure the Bills see Taylor and are using him as a 1 Technique. He has more of a long term potential to replace Star. 

True Phillips is a 3-tech. And as an aside, at his size (340#) you would figure he could play both. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Spain is a free agent after the season so if he signs elsewhere then it only makes sense that Ford is a potential replacement. 

Do you seriously think that this coaching staff would be giving Nsekhe so much playing time if they were happy with how Ford was playing? 

Potentially being a better guard than tackle isn’t a knock on Ford. If anything, it could help make this line go from solid to really good.

Yes, early in the year. He hasn't played in the last 3 games and in turn, Ford put out his best performances. 

I also understand that Spain is a free agent. People are saying to let him walk and move Ford over. For what? To have a 33 year old RT next year or another crap shoot FA/draftee? How about we let this guy continue to develop as is at RT and get something we haven't had in 10+ years.... offensive line continuity. 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Yes, early in the year. He hasn't played in the last 3 games and in turn, Ford put out his best performances. 

I’m sure you know that he hasn’t played due to injury. We’ll see how the reps get split once Nsekhe comes back. It’s not as if Ford is being left on an island to pass block. He’s been getting quite a lot of help on his side.

27 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I also understand that Spain is a free agent. People are saying to let him walk and move Ford over. For what? To have a 33 year old RT next year or another crap shoot FA/draftee? How about we let this guy continue to develop as is at RT and get something we haven't had in 10+ years.... offensive line continuity. 

People (ie. me) are saying that if Spain doesn’t come back then Ford makes sense as a potential replacement. Why? Because he has that kind of versatility and his struggles with handling speed on the edge may mean he could be best suited inside. 

If that is indeed the case then I’m sure BB and McD would try to add someone at RT and not have to rely solely on an aging Nsekhe.

On 12/17/2019 at 7:56 PM, YoloinOhio said:

It’s a need because as soon as Tre went down on Sunday night the reality of having Kevin Johnson and then no one was sobering. Taron Johnson can’t play outside and Levi is a good but limited player. Siran Neal can play corner in a pinch but I wouldn’t want him out there 1:1 with starting nfl WR. I wouldn’t be surprised to see one drafted high. 

Yep all of this, Plus they need to protect against the possiblity they may not be able to afford TreD. 

If he keeps playing this way he is looking at 15mil for 5 yr minimum. 

Weve have not yet seen how this FO handles this situation. Panthers let Norman walk. 

On 12/17/2019 at 6:41 PM, billsfan89 said:

I am starting to think that RT is less of an off-season need but that CB2 opposite White is becoming more of a need. 

Make sense to grab a CB depending on how we sign Tre, having a top guy on a rookie deal across from a top 5 guy is a great way to force the QB to hold the ball longer.

Edited by GoBills!

I just don't get the move him inside side of the argument at this point. If they had a better prospect at RT, then sure, but he's the best long term option they have right now. RT has been so bad for years and they finally have the potential makings of a quality RT and we want to give up on it already?

He's a mauler in the run game already. He can be a tad slow on speed rushers to the outside, but Josh has shown the ability to step up and buy time. He's gotten better with more reps and just had his best game against a premier rusher. Let's give him the year and an offseason of training before we throw him inside. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/17/2019 at 6:47 PM, Bangarang said:

Ford has been a liability at RT just about the entire year. If Spain does not get re-signed then I think Ford will probably replace him at LG for next season.

Q. Spain has been good:  Is he on a 1 year deal?

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Cody Ford is our present and future starting RT.  The quicker you all come to terms with this, the better off we’ll all be.  Thanks.

This is where I am at.....I am perfectly happy with him at RT....and Waddle coming back to be our Swing OT

I actually dont see a lot of movement on the OL except working out some contracts for existing players....

Its time to get some WEAPONS

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Need to see how it falls, don’t want to reach for need. Trust the board and go BPA. Also need to see how FA goes, lots of money to spend but need to plan for signing our young talent too 

So.....we did this last year and it worked out well....but these are needs we HAVE to try to find a way to fill

DT - does not make sense especialy if we resign our guys

Corner - we have one of the best corners in the league....just need a guy on the other side that doesnt embarris himself

LB - we use more secondary guys in our defensive packages

We went hard after OL in this last draft and free agency

QB - set

I like our young TE's even Sweeney who isnt even active