OIG FISA Report Discussion and the real reason for the FBI Mar-a-Lago raid

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

giphy.gif

Disappointed... I really did think you had your smoking gun.

Did we really need to do this ridiculous dance for the last 24 hours???? Good God man! :doh:

You're so angry.

I hope life gets better for you trying to ensnare posters into traps you think you've got them in.

Oy.

I'm going to go enjoy my evening now that that's settled.

Go Bills!!! :beer:

Was the OIG report limited in scope? Could Horowitz subpoena Mifsud? You show an amazing lack of knowledge of the process but a real ability to cherry pick. Congrats. 

• Like (+1) 1

IG Horowitz hearing exposes deliberate FBI misconduct in investigating Trump campaign

by Gregg Jarrett

Original Article

When the FBI discovered that the anti-Trump Steele dossier was garbage, the bureau concealed that vital evidence. Instead of promptly terminating its surveillance of Donald Trump’s former campaign adviser Carter Page, the FBI persisted in its quest to prove a Trump-Russia “collusion” conspiracy that officials knew was unsupported by credible evidence.

(Snip)

It is not remotely plausible to dismiss this appalling conduct as sloppy or careless work. It cannot be minimized (or trivialized) as just a case of “performance failures,” as Horowitz would have us believe.

• Like (+1) 2

The Obama’s Administration’s FISA Abuse Is a Massive Scandal

by David Harsanyi

Original Article

Perhaps if Democrats would momentarily shelve their obsession with Donald Trump, they’d comprehend the staggering abuse of power they’re defending these days. Because much of Tuesday’s Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing with DOJ inspector general Michael Horowitz was jaw-dropping. Horowitz’s testimony, in fact, sounded little like the media depiction of the IG report only the day before. Most major outlets had stressed that the IG had found no bias in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation. But failing to uncover explicit instances of bias and exonerating the FBI aren’t the same thing. Worse, most of the media had buried the lede.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Obama’s Administration’s FISA Abuse Is a Massive Scandal

by David Harsanyi

Original Article

Perhaps if Democrats would momentarily shelve their obsession with Donald Trump, they’d comprehend the staggering abuse of power they’re defending these days. Because much of Tuesday’s Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing with DOJ inspector general Michael Horowitz was jaw-dropping. Horowitz’s testimony, in fact, sounded little like the media depiction of the IG report only the day before. Most major outlets had stressed that the IG had found no bias in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation. But failing to uncover explicit instances of bias and exonerating the FBI aren’t the same thing. Worse, most of the media had buried the lede.

...Comey did not develop this criminal culture overnight......many pieces were already in place and function with Sleepy Bob Mueller in charge.....and he was the Special (Independent) Counsel?......seriously?.....Comey just made it dirtier.......and J Edgar is pissed, having lost his "luster"...........

• Like (+1) 1

michael-horowitz-1.jpg?resize=110,85&ssl AFTER HOROWITZ

Whatever the limitations of the Department of Justice Inspector General report on FISA abuse and related issues, it should bring some closure to the Russia hoax touted by the Democrats and their media adjunct over the past three years.

If there is to be a reckoning with the deceit and dishonesty that have pervaded our public discourse on matters related to the hoax, however, we are on our own. The Democrats and their media adjunct are still at it. I mean this to be the first in a series of posts that follows up on the DoJ IG report submitted by Michael Horowitz this week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

It's great to see Catherine after changing work addresses is still reporting facts good, bad or indifferent.  She's a real pro. 

it is interesting to see that CBS may be the first cracks in delusional based MSM reporting.

• Like (+1) 5

29 minutes ago, Foxx said:

it is interesting to see that CBS may be the first cracks in delusional based MSM reporting.

This is very interesting.  Has anyone here been following CBS News.  Maybe the new leadership there is really committed to reporting the facts?

....and Jim is a real martyr falling on his sword.......wadda guy.....

Published 21 mins ago

Comey admits error in defense of FBI's FISA process after IG report: 'He was right, I was wrong'

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Former FBI Director James Comey admitted on "Fox News Sunday" that the recently released Justice Department Inspector General’s report on the launch of the FBI’s Russia investigation and their use of the surveillance process showed that he was "overconfident" when he defended his former agency's use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

This comes days after IG Michael Horowitz’s report and testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee detailed concerns that included 17 “significant errors and omissions” by the FBI’s investigative team when applying for a FISA warrant to monitor former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. Horowitz referred “the entire chain of command” to the FBI and DOJ for “how to assess and address their performance failures” during the probe, which was conducted while Comey was in charge.

"He's right, I was wrong," Comey said about how the FBI used the FISA process, adding, "I was overconfident as director in our procedures."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/comey-defends-fbis-fisa-process-after-scathing-ig-report

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and Jim is a real martyr falling on his sword.......wadda guy.....

Published 21 mins ago

Comey admits error in defense of FBI's FISA process after IG report: 'He was right, I was wrong'

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Former FBI Director James Comey admitted on "Fox News Sunday" that the recently released Justice Department Inspector General’s report on the launch of the FBI’s Russia investigation and their use of the surveillance process showed that he was "overconfident" when he defended his former agency's use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

This comes days after IG Michael Horowitz’s report and testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee detailed concerns that included 17 “significant errors and omissions” by the FBI’s investigative team when applying for a FISA warrant to monitor former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. Horowitz referred “the entire chain of command” to the FBI and DOJ for “how to assess and address their performance failures” during the probe, which was conducted while Comey was in charge.

"He's right, I was wrong," Comey said about how the FBI used the FISA process, adding, "I was overconfident as director in our procedures."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/comey-defends-fbis-fisa-process-after-scathing-ig-report

Comey clearly has some psychological issues.  Well, every person on the planet has some, but his are above average and likely the result of long term exposure to groupthink.

• Like (+1) 2