The Virginian

As a die hard Wyoming fan why the negativity towards Josh?

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Those people mentally and emotionally weak.

Exactomundo. People who judge "busts" based on early performances say more about themselves than anyone else. 

5 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Exactomundo. People who judge "busts" based on early performances say more about themselves than anyone else. 

Lol owning Joe unintentionally.

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's because a certain segment of Buffalo sports fans like being miserable and always want to say they told us so.

No one is miserable today with Josh Allen. Nobody.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Lol owning Joe unintentionally.

Did he beat the dead horse of "Josh as bust" nonstop on the board for months? 

Funny he'd be here in this thread judging people so harshly. The beam in his own eye. 

6 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Did he beat the dead horse of "Josh as bust" nonstop on the board for months? 

Funny he'd be here in this thread judging people so harshly. The beam in his own eye. 

No. He's referring to my dislike of the Oliver pick. Which I've already repented for.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No. He's referring to my dislike of the Oliver pick. Which I've already repented for.

What’s the famous line I’m looking for?

oh yeah, “nope, too late, we don’t want you on the bandwagon.”

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

But you're in this Allen thread calling early judgers "mentally and emotionally weak?" 

Be careful of the blowing wind!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sundancer said:

But you're in this Allen thread calling early judgers "mentally and emotionally weak?" 

Be careful of the blowing wind!

The people who are constantly "concerned" and afraid of teams like the broncos are indeed mentally and emotionally weak.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, The Virginian said:

I'm perplexed by the negativity directed at Josh Allen by some so-called Buffalo fans.  What don't you like about being 9-3?  Back when he was drafted, several members of Poke Nation, me included, came on here to assure you that you were getting a guy that would be totally dedicated to the team, the city, and it's fans.  Stats, schmatz.  He's the face of the franchise and a winner.  What more do you need?

Is this Ice Bowl's little brother?   #supercute

13 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

There has been zero Josh Allen negativity on this board today. This post is a bad fake news flex.

I wasn't just referring to this day, but the negativity that has been swirling on this forum since day one.  I predict that JA will be the QB that finally brings the Lobardi Trophy to Buffalo.  On that day the negativity should cease, hopefully.

3 minutes ago, The Virginian said:

I wasn't just referring to this day, but the negativity that has been swirling on this forum since day one.  I predict that JA will be the QB that finally brings the Lobardi Trophy to Buffalo.  On that day the negativity should cease, hopefully.

Well this day was the only day we were 9-3, so your OP doesn’t make that much sense then.

• Like (+1) 1

Back during the pre-draft process in 2018, I was intrigued by Allen's positive traits: size, athleticism, arm strength, intelligence, and attitude.  When he was drafted, I accepted that there was some risk given the fact that he was raw, and had an uneven college career at a sub-standard college program.  I never waste my time trying to make instant prognostications about what high draft picks are going to bust or star.  Nobody really knows.  When Buffalo drafted Allen, I took the approach that I would be hopeful until or unless it became clear he would ultimately be unsuccessful.  Fortunately, it looks like he's on track to be the franchise QB Buffalo has needed since the Kelly era.

44 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Usually is the case, but i cant find anything with the correct number font and doesnt seem authentic.  The only authentic looking ones are autographed 

Edited by May Day 10

I vividly recall what The Virginian wrote about Josh. I've loved the kid since he was the pick. I really have. It was on him to make me lose confidence in him, and nope, he hasn't ha ha. I really was thrilled to read what you had written about him, since all I knew is that he was among the four top QBs projected to go in the draft and the Bills picked him. He was, he is, the Bills QB. Why as a Bills fan some feel the need to vomit all over him boggles the mind.

Has he been perfect? Was I always convinced he'd be elite and at last the Bills franchise QB? Of course not! But there is a huge difference between having doubts, legit concerns, valid criticism, and the so-called Bills fans wanting him to fail to be 'proved right about a bad pick'!!!  

Much like the team itself. The only player in a top ten category statistically is Smoke (I guess you can include Tre with Ints too).  This is a team that wins as a team. Just a joy to watch. I love the little things, like Smoke's pancake block on Josh's run. 

14 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am coming around to thinking that 300+ yards metric is like shots on goal in hockey.

Unless everything is going in and you're killing it... 300 yards is like peppering the goalie with bad shots... Too many shots/attempts, when you should be passing the puck off. Same in football. +300 is unbalanced attack, unless everything is going in... BUT, BY then a lead is bought and you should be running time off clock.

How many big games did Marino have but was grossly inefficient and couldn't win big game.  Hate to quote Tommy HomoBoy...But he's right: "What you hope all drives end with is a score or a punt.  That's it. Then you'll be alright."

300 yards is either a heavy heavy pass attack (See chiefs), playing from behind (Dak yesterday) or a shootout, and we don't really play shootouts. 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

300 yards is either a heavy heavy pass attack (See chiefs), playing from behind (Dak yesterday) or a shootout, and we don't really play shootouts. 

The "Chefs" really have a great record this year.  Good for really the first year.  See Dan Marino. Sure great.  Won nothing except an early AFC Championship.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The "Chefs" really have a great record this year.  Good for really the first year.  See Dan Marino. Sure great.  Won nothing except an early AFC Championship.

What? I don't get the first year thing?

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

What? I don't get the first year thing?

Mahomes over passing.  Coming back to earth once the rest of League adjusts.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Mahomes over passing.  Coming back to earth once the rest of League adjusts.

Yeah, certainly need more balance.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

Yeah, certainly need more balance.

Me or the Chiefs?  Thanks if you mean me.  Can always use more balance!

Hence, my avatar...

18 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Some people confuse fantasy football stats with winning football games in the NFL.  

JA is awesome.

I've read on this board that EJ had better stats his rookie year than Josh did.

• Haha (+1) 1