2019 Biils = 2018 Bears?

14 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Lots of wins against bad teams.  Great defense.   Lots of hype around the young QB.  Etc Etc.   Big falloff the next season against better competition.   1) Is this what we have to look forward to or 2) are the Bills being built to last?    I believe in #2 (obviously).  Bills get AFC and NFC West next season/lots of west coast travel/prime games etc. 

What say you?  

Sorry I just had to who are the Biils?  ?

I hear what you are saying though.  At the beginning of the year I thought 8-8 for 2019 but at this point with how easy the schedule has been anything under 10-6 would be a disappointment.  

I think the Bills are built to last as well though I still have questions whether Allen can take the team to the next level.  10-6 in 2020 can very well be much more impressive than 10-6  this year depending on the schedule 

Edited by Another Fan

16 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Lots of wins against bad teams.  Great defense.   Lots of hype around the young QB.  Etc Etc.   Big falloff the next season against better competition.   1) Is this what we have to look forward to or 2) are the Bills being built to last?    I believe in #2 (obviously).  Bills get AFC and NFC West next season/lots of west coast travel/prime games etc. 

What say you?  

Geezus...did we really need more than one thread prematurely freaking out with doom and gloom over next year when we are still playing this year?

Some of you need therapy for PTSD...or a better weed dealer...or a good trip to Robert Krafts favorite massage parlors.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Bears had 8 games where they had 3 or more takeaways - went 6-2 in those games.

They scored 6 defensive TD's in 2018.  They also led the league with 36 Takeaways.  Tied for 3rd in the league with 50 sacks.  

Like all of those are incredibly volatile stats.  Defensive TD's and takeaways in general are sometimes a lot of luck (ball bounces up in the air instead of into the ground, or ball bounces to your team on a fumble instead of out of bounds, etc.).  Sacks are the same way, teams can scheme ways to slow a pass rush down (bootlegs, screens, run game).  It's still a solid unit - but the same teams show up as high with turnover differential every year and they are the teams that don't turn it over on O. 

As for Trubiskey - He definitely played his best against bad defenses - 350 and 6 TDs against tampa, 300 3/1 against miami, 355 and 3 against detroit.  I do feel like he may be pressing a bit, holding the ball , and Nagy seems to have been figured out.  The free plays to cohen aren't there and they can't run the ball or protect him it seems.

3rd down percentage has gone from 40% to 30%, They're scoring on 26% of drives vs. 36% of drives in 2018, they're averaging under 10 yards per completion, under 6 YPA (there is no fancy advanced metric that makes their passing O look mildly effective).  Just not efficient - inability to run the ball or in some weeks - call running plays... has killed their O.  They're actually turning it over less than last year - but their rushing offense is terrible and their passing offense is pretty much the worst in the league outside of not throwing interceptions.  

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Geezus...did we really need more than one thread prematurely freaking out with doom and gloom over next year when we are still playing this year?

Some of you need therapy for PTSD...or a better weed dealer...or a good trip to Robert Krafts favorite massage parlors.  

The OP seems to have a complicated way to say the Bills are not good.

• Like (+1) 1

I for one would like to think Beane & McD have a really good plan in place & will continue forward next year & each year to come especially with the amount of cap space & draft picks as another poster has said .

I think they are building this team for the long run & with a few more good FA pick ups the sky's the limit !!