The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

Schiff town hall erupts into clashes amid shouts of ‘liar’ and ‘treason’

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

A California town hall meeting featuring House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., descended into chaos after jeers led to clashes among attendees.

Schiff was discussing how recognition of the Armenian genocide was a significant bipartisan issue at the event hosted by the Armenian National Committee of America on Saturday when members of the crowd began shouting at him.

"Liar!" at least one attendee at the Glendale event yelled.

The commotion escalated from there, with a number of people present bearing signs or shirts supporting President Trump and opposing the impeachment process. Schiff is one of the leaders of the impeachment inquiry, which is expected to lead to a vote by the full House later this week.

"You will be going to jail for treason!" one man could be heard shouting in videos from the event that were posted online. The man acknowledged the outburst was unrelated to the purpose of the event, stating, "No disrespect to you all, I'm glad you guys are getting recognized for your genocide, but this man is a f-----g liar!"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/schiff-town-hall-erupts-amid-shouts-of-liar-and-treason

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

These sweaty Dems remind me of:

Herb Tarlek is a hard worker, loyal husband, uhhh, all around fine person.

image.jpeg.57d9a31ce2dcd61406ba8fb1491f3e5e.jpeg

Awesome! Love WKRP 

Trump is like the wrestler who sold steak knives on Sunday morning. Lol 

And I will throw Nancy Pelosi through the great soda pop machine in the sky! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Should read Centrists Dems line up to defend the constitution 

Centrist Democrats line up to support impeachment

(The Post)
(The Post)

A contingent of Democratic House members from Republican-leaning districts announced one by one that they have decided to vote to impeach President Trump, as the House hurtles toward historic action later this week.

um...bro...there’s no such thing as Santa Claus or centrist Democrats. 

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Foxx said:

sorry to break the news to you but... incandescent bulbs are coming back. :lol:

maybe they will help you finally see the light....

Lol! Make Consumers Pay More For Utilities Again!! 

4 minutes ago, dubs said:

um...bro...there’s no such thing as Santa Claus or centrist Democrats. 

Swing districts they won. 

Newsflash, not everyone is an extremists like you 

Twitter isn't the real world 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

see, there you go again, typing before thinking.

no one is making anyone do anything. it is all about freedom of choice. i understand that is a foreign concept to you in your little communist world, however that does not change reality.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Swing districts they won. 

Newsflash, not everyone is an extremists like you 

Twitter isn't the real world 

hahaha. I’m the furthest thing from an extremist and I don’t even have a twitter account, never have. So basically you are still batting 1.000% with being incorrect. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dubs said:

hahaha. I’m the furthest thing from an extremist and I don’t even have a twitter account, never have. So basically you are still batting 1.000% with being incorrect. 

Tibs has a WAR of -15,000 in arguments on here

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago - House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler is tending to an undisclosed family emergency in New York City and will miss the last procedural step ...

""Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Tuesday rejected calls from his Democratic counterpart to subpoena new witnesses in a Senate trial of President Trump, calling it 'a strange request at this juncture.'"

"McConnell was responding to a letter from Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) seeking testimony from senior administration officials, including acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, who declined to appear in House impeachment proceedings."

WaPo reports the unsurprising news.

McConnell rips Schumer impeachment demands, vows not to pursue ‘fishing expedition’

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell struck back Tuesday at his Democratic counterpart's calls for an in-depth impeachment trial featuring multiple new witnesses, dismissing the push as a "fishing expedition" that would set a "nightmarish precedent."

"The Senate is meant to act as judge and jury, to hear a trial, not to re-run the entire fact-finding investigation because angry partisans rushed sloppily through it,” he said on the Senate floor.

In a Sunday letter, Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer had called for the chamber to subpoena new documents and call witnesses who had been blocked by the White House during the impeachment inquiry on the House side.

McConnell, R-Ky., claimed that such investigative steps, though, were part of the House role -- not a mission for the Senate. He warned that entertaining Schumer’s proposal to do House lawmakers’ “homework” could invite a string of future “dubious” and “frivolous” impeachment inquiries.

He stressed the fact-finding mission should have been completed during the impeachment inquiry led by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif. McConnell accused the House of doing a rush job, and said Schumer is now looking "to make Chairman Schiff's sloppy work more persuasive."

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

• Thank you (+1) 1