The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Turley seems like an excellent professor.  I wish I could audit one of his courses.

I have seen him speak on tv several times and he's been right on the money. A firm originalist in the grain of Alan Dershowitz.

"The White House declined the invitation to question the witnesses."

***** you, Nadler.  The White House declined because you scheduled the hearing to conflict with an overseas NATO trip.

Gerhardt's an idiot.  He's just told three falsehoods in five sentences.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, dubs said:

thanks for demonstrating your lack of perspective. 

being critical of the size, scope, bloat, and corruption of the current federal government doesn’t mean that you’re advocating for no government. 

the choice isn’t between a federal government that is increasingly encroaching on liberty, funds the excessive lifestyles of unaccountable bureaucrats, breeds corruption because of the power and money that flows through it, and has shown time and time again how ineffective and unnecessary it is or anarchy. 

Love it. A Trump supporter complaing about corruption. Did you get a degree at Trump U? 

Are you a Libertarian? 

From Law professor Ann Althouse:

I thought the law professors would give a very somber, neutral-seeming presentation of what they would characterize as law.

I am surprised that they spoke so severely and stridently and launched right into stating conclusions, applying the law to the facts, and expressing these conclusions in a tone I'm used to seeing in the movies, where hammy actors argue to a jury.

I thought — as I said 2 posts down — the idea would be for the 3 law professors called by the Democrats to provide cover for the Democrats by performing the theater of making everything sound like law and not politics and by speaking in a tone that would feel academic and sadly, grimly inevitable.

But they came on so strong, righteously angry and in an exaggerated tone, making assertions that the things Trump did are impeachable. They did not work to establish our confidence that they were operating in a scholarly zone that was truly their expertise. They did not give us reason to believe we should listen to them as expert witnesses.

What an awful display! And I'm not even counting the motions for who knows what and the roll call votes (which seemed to be the GOP strategy for making the show as annoying as possible). The first 2 witnesses — Noah Feldman and Pam Karlan — scolded and yelled. Michael Gerhardt was a bit milder, but he mumbled and stumbled, and I couldn't believe he brought up the musical "Hamilton."

It was not at all the "constitutional law seminar" that White House Counsel Pat Cipollone decried. It was an unwatchable harangue.

The GOP witness Jonathan Turley stepped back and made an important argument: You need to be careful that whatever you do is going to set a precedent that will be used against future Presidents. Also (and this was quite apt after listening to Feldman and, particularly, Karlan): Everyone is too angry and this isn't the sort of thing we should be doing in a state of high hysteria. Turley bolstered his testimony by assuring us that he didn't like Trump and didn't vote for him. That, ironically, made him the least political of the set of 4 professors, but it isn't quite fair that there's no one on the panel to balance Feldman and Karlan and simply make a scenery-chewing pro-Trump argument.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"The White House declined the invitation to question the witnesses."

***** you, Nadler.  The White House declined because you scheduled the hearing to conflict with an overseas NATO trip.

Nonsense. You think Trump would be questioning the witnesses? 

"You agree that I'm doing a very very very good job, right?" 

13 minutes ago, Whatnot78 said:

you seem obsessed with fat shaming Trump...

What are your thoughts on Taft?

Trump will always be #2 fattest to Taft. But he's got #2 locked up. He's a lardass.

3 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Nonsense. You think Trump would be questioning the witnesses? 

"You agree that I'm doing a very very very good job, right?" 

Trump will always be #2 fattest to Taft. But he's got #2 locked up. He's a lardass.

looks like there are a few more ahead of Trump...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-latest-in-long-line-of-obese-presidents%3f_amp=true

Cleveland and McKinley

4 minutes ago, Whatnot78 said:

looks like there are a few more ahead of Trump...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-latest-in-long-line-of-obese-presidents%3f_amp=true

Cleveland and McKinley

That is BMI, and it's based on, "[Trump is] 6 feet, 3 inches tall and weighs 243 pounds." 

On a carnival circus guesser's worst day, he wouldn't peg trump as 243 lbs, and I bet he's right there with Grover. 

image.thumb.png.e8a491ddc3cf681d0b2098e43cebc709.png

image.thumb.png.71ae53c0928b87a9188c0a698f85047e.png

Edited by John Adams

6 minutes ago, John Adams said:

That is BMI, and it's based on, "[Trump is] 6 feet, 3 inches tall and weighs 243 pounds." 

On a carnival circus guesser's worst day, he wouldn't peg trump as 243 lbs. 

image.thumb.png.e8a491ddc3cf681d0b2098e43cebc709.png

Another example of stuff that matters not.  We have 536 people in Washington that can't seem to focus on fiscal responsibility, illegal immigration,  the skyrocketing cost of health insurance and health care and fair application of the law.  Instead they engage in a food fight and the media covers it and America to a great extent swallows it.   

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, keepthefaith said:

Another example of stuff that matters not.

The Bills don't matter. Whether Rick is alive with the people who have the helicopter doesn't matter. Kirk vs. Picard doesn't matter. 

It's chatter. That Trump is a fatass doesn't matter until it does. But it's nice to see where he stacks up.