Question for the foodies out there...

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Making Pumpkin soup ...

add butternut squash (cubed) - yay or nay? Not in the recipe but I have some and thought about throwing it in, don’t want time ruin it 

its a homemade pumpkin soup with bacon and onion 

YAY - Sounds good chef ??‍? 

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Even though '92 knows bupkis about fajitas he's right here. I think you'll like it Yolo.

He may or may not know about fajitas, but I hear he is an expert on bupkis. 

I say yes on the butternut squash. Making vegetable soup today, myself. It’s a soup kind of day.  

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...baguettes for for dipping?...........

I have some baguette rolls and trying this homemade bread that takes all day to rise and then bakes in a le creuset  pot that cost a ton but so far a really good purchase. Hope the bread turns out, but the rolls look good too. Have some roasted pumpkin seeds to throw on top of the soup. 

Wish there were a few more good college games on today but will settle for Florida - uga 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have some baguette rolls and trying this homemade bread that takes all day to rise and then bakes in a le creuset  pot that cost a ton but so far a really good purchase. Hope the bread turns out, but the rolls look good too. Have some roasted pumpkin seeds to throw on top of the soup. 

Wish there were a few more good college games on today but will settle for Florida - uga 

nice job Emerill......:D

4 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

You can keep your filthy (but delicious in OTHER recipes) mushrooms out my mouth in taco's, young man...........

fajitas:wallbash: son. I'm old enough to be your father.

Beef barley soup for me today.

Edited by Cripple Creek

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ok, it was awesome. I know it’s probably hard to screw up soup but the flavors were perfect. I think it’s because it slow cooks with the bacon. Thanks for the help all! 

BACON? Anything cooked with bacon is delicious! 

I made a great vegetable soup and it’s enough to feed an army. Wife leaves for the week tomorrow so I’ll probably invite my mom.....and send her home via Uber (post Bills victory, I PRAY!) with enough leftovers to feed her entire floor at the retirement home! You don’t make “just enough soup for a bowl or two”. That is NOT how it works! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

True. The squashes got along famously. 

Far better than some families.....especially at the Thanksgiving get together! 

We are lucky. We have a crowd of about 20 expected to date. Plenty of pumpkins and squash on the menu! And (mostly) warm and fuzzy.  ?