Wednesday media availability - Allen and Micah Hyde

Does anyone think that the Bills organization will EVER hire an audio/video person who can properly produce one of these goddamn press conferences??????

Is it really that hard?????

Why is it an unreasonable expectation to be able to hear the QUESTIONS and not just the answers????

Outraged.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Does anyone think that the Bills organization will EVER hire an audio/video person who can properly produce one of these goddamn press conferences??????

Why is it an unreasonable expectation to be able to hear the QUESTIONS and not just the answers????

Outraged.

I think McDermott wants it this way, make it as painful as possible for all involved.

This was pointed out awhile back that the question askers like it that way because they feel like it's "theirs."  I have a hard time with that because it seems more like it's ultimately for the fans and hearing answers without the context of the questions is at the least, irritating.  

6 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

This was pointed out awhile back that the question askers like it that way because they feel like it's "theirs."  I have a hard time with that because it seems more like it's ultimately for the fans and hearing answers without the context of the questions is at the least, irritating.  

It's a ridiculous setup and I'm not sure any other teams do it like this.

42 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I think McDermott wants it this way, make it as painful as possible for all involved.

Yes, I'm sure this is exactly the reason. Even when it was the same before he came here. He's probably responsible for world hunger as well.

32 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Go watch press conferences from other teams. It is pretty much the same.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Outraged.

Kim is cheap? 

52 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Outraged.

You should apply since you are unemployed ?

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Yes, I'm sure this is exactly the reason. Even when it was the same before he came here. He's probably responsible for world hunger as well.

Go watch press conferences from other teams. It is pretty much the same.

I'm kind of surprised the NFL allows this then.  Actually, maybe I'm not.  The only way they'd care is if they could charge people to watch them, then for sure the sound would be up to snuff.

42 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

It's really not even that hard.  From years of moderating sessions at various conferences, the moderator (or the speaker) leads off by repeating the question.

"The question was...." and then answer.

The challenge there is that a lot of our reporters tend to expatiate a while and it can be challenging to figure out "just what is your question?"

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's really not even that hard.  From years of moderating sessions at various conferences, the moderator (or the speaker) leads off by repeating the question.

The challenge there is that a lot of our reporters tend to expatiate a while and it can be challenging to figure out "just what is your question?"

I've noticed that in general these days, reporters seem to want to set the stage before they even ask their question, or they just want to lecture the person they are supposedly asking a question of.  It's highly annoying.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Seven-N-Nine said:

I'm kind of surprised the NFL allows this then.  Actually, maybe I'm not.  The only way they'd care is if they could charge people to watch them, then for sure the sound would be up to snuff.

You can hear some questions better than others because of where the reporter is positioned in relation to whoever is at the podium. However, to correct the issue, I think they would have to set up microphones for everyone. You would think it could be done and has had to have been discussed; however, there must be some downside to it for it not to have been corrected.

It is annoying.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or, just have ushers with wireless mics, which they can hand to reporters just before they ask their questions.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The drawback of the mic thing is that the questions get selected through the choices made by the mic carrier.

Someone here (might have been you) mentioned a while back that Patriots pressers are run like a dream.  Reporters are professional.  Audio/video quality is excellent.  Just run like a well-oiled machine.

These Bills pressers seem like they're run by high school students.