ESPN: Bills know they must fix run defense

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yeah it was embarrassing for a 5-1 team at home to have that many visiting fans.  

It's nothing new in Buffalo. Like I said in another thread, for fanbases as passionate as Sabres and Bills fans are, they love to let visiting fans take over their stadiums. So much for home field advantage. 

4 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Love the title of that article.  Pulitzer prize worthy.

You rotate guys often so you don’t have to during pivotal moments. Schwartz had a good feel for it while he was here. Rex was terrible at it. Haven’t noticed it one way or another with McD, which generally means he’s timing it properly. 

17 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

It's nothing new in Buffalo. Like I said in another thread, for fanbases as passionate as Sabres and Bills fans are, they love to let visiting fans take over their stadiums. So much for home field advantage. 

Yes many of the travelling fans do not live in WNY area but some of the locals used to buy extra tickets to sell to visiting fans since they usually paid more to pay for their tickets.  I wonder how their business is doing now?

4 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Based on your observation and comment, I assume you have season tickets for the Bills and/or Sabres and go to all the games you have tickets for?

You want to witness a real defensive line? Take a look at what the SF 49ers are packing out west! That Joey Bosa is a man amoung boys on the field. 

The Bills are a couple still a few players away from being the team we really want. 

Edited by Frez
Spelling error

Jordan Howard says Eagles wore down Bills, 'they didn't really want to tackle us

"We were able to wear the defense down," Howard said, via Reuben Frank of NBC Sports Philadelphia. "You could tell at the end of the game they really didn't want to tackle us."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jordan-howard-says-eagles-wore-down-bills-they-didnt-really-want-to-tackle-us/

RB Miles Sanders , at 4.49sec looked a lot faster in that 65 yd TD

4 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Based on your observation and comment, I assume you have season tickets for the Bills and/or Sabres and go to all the games you have tickets for?

No I don't have tickets for either team. I do go to as many Sabres games as I can. It has always bugged me when season ticket holders re-sell their tickets to recoup their money. The point of being a season ticket holder is cause you're a fan of the team not to make money. 

13 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Bills know they must fix run defense after being ravaged by Eagles

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/33801/bills-know-they-must-fix-run-defense-after-being-ravaged-by-eagles

Home crowd?  From what I heard on TV there was more noise when Bills were on offense than on defense.

I agree with what it sounded like on TV but it must have to do with placement of mics around stadium because there were not nearly as many Eagles fans as Bills fans in Tennessee.

1 hour ago, Azucho98 said:

I'll take Sam or Ted Washington over the garbage we have right now.

I agree but Ted Washington was as dominate a Dline player as we have seen. That is like saying I would prefer Thurman to what we have in the backfield now.

12 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

They’re correct. That 65 yard TD scamper was a dagger through the Bills heart. I was remember, geez, why is a RB outrunning every player on our D? We never came back after that and the outcome would’ve been different if it didn’t happen. Also, of note, we don’t have such a dagger in our backfield. 

Maybe we mostly keep that dagger on the bench

47 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

No I don't have tickets for either team. I do go to as many Sabres games as I can. It has always bugged me when season ticket holders re-sell their tickets to recoup their money. The point of being a season ticket holder is cause you're a fan of the team not to make money. 

I personally have never sold my Bills season tickets, but have given many to charity.  

Disagree with your statement about the "point" of season tickets.  They are private property that the owner can do with as he/she pleases.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I agree with what it sounded like on TV but it must have to do with placement of mics around stadium because there were not nearly as many Eagles fans as Bills fans in Tennessee.

I agree but Ted Washington was as dominate a Dline player as we have seen. That is like saying I would prefer Thurman to what we have in the backfield now.

Of course!  Wouldn't you?

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Sure give each player on defense a case of Sam Adams if less than 100 yards rushing.  

What do we give the offense if over 300 yards passing?

A participation trophy.

3 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Not any more.