2019 NFL Redraft

7 weeks into the rookie season, the first Redraft is here.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/2019_nfl_draft_re_doing_all_32_first_round_picks/s1_13132_30339743

I am sure there will be comments that this is too early (I partly agree). Ed Oliver is going #26 and is the 5th DT taken (after Q. Williams, Jeffrey Simmons, Dexter Lawrence and Christian Wilkins). His weakness against the run is the reason for the fall (this report is pre-run defense debacle vs. the Eagles).

But the news is not all bad for the Bills - Cody Ford goes 16th (and the second OT after the injured Jonah Williams) in the redraft.

Ford, from Oklahoma, has been plug-and-play for the Bills. He could play tackle or guard, and brings nastiness that would be appreciated.

The Bills Homer that I am, I disagree with the report on Oliver's fall, but totally agree on Ford's rise.

9. BUFFALO: Original: Ed Oliver, DT | New: Josh Jacobs, RB

Oliver looks like a potential stud, but Jacobs, the former Alabama star, is already a stud. We can argue the value of the running back position, but Josh Allen still needs help and Frank Gore could mentor this young thoroughbred.

Bad re-do. A top-10 pick wasted on another RB. And we wont even give our RBs touches as it is.

Would rather stick with Oliver.

Or if we have to make a change, I'd go with DK Metcalf.

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Not sure why Ford has risen so much in their minds.

Because some of the other OL drafted early have gone down with injuries, proved less than durable, and have had a harder time adjusting to the Pro game.

I dont think Bills fans value what we have in Ford enough. Sure, he's had his struggles. But he's been a Day 1 starter at multiple OL positions, and is only a rookie.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Bad re-do. A top-10 pick wasted on another RB. And we wont even give our RBs touches as it is.

Would rather stick with Oliver

Because some of the other OL drafted early have gone down with injuries, proved less than durable, and have had a harder time adjusting to the Pro game.

I dont think Bills fans value what we have in Ford enough. Sure, he's had his struggles. But he's been a Day 1 starter at multiple OL positions, and is only a rookie.

so he rises not because of what he’s done but because of what others haven’t? 

I like Ford and was happy when we picked him. He’ll probably prove to be a better guard than tackle in the NFL but so far he’s struggled.

Edited by Bangarang

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

so he rises not because of what he’s done but because of what others haven’t? 

I like Ford and was happy when we picked him. He’ll probably prove to be a better guard than tackle in the NFL but so far he’s struggled.

Both. He has played better than other early OL. So whichever way you want to look at it. He's been better. Or theyve been worse.

That's the whole premise of a "Week 7 re-draft".

This draft seems to be more based on weaknesses shown during the regular season than actual talent level of the draft picks.

Some thoughts:

-Putting Haskins above Jones at this point is silly as I'd rather have Jones long term as I see a franchise QB when I watch him play.

-I don't know why Ed Oliver or Josh Allen slipped other than need.  They're both potential studs.

-This board would've came with pitch forks to obd if they drafted a RB in the top 10 with Oliver still on the board.

-Ferrell, Fant, and Sweat seem to be the most disappointing 1st round picks up to this point.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Metcalf has played well but he is the same guy scouts saw and that is why he isn't a sudden riser. 

He's got at least 400 yards and 4 TDs by now and this article has the Seahawks taking K'Neal Harry in front of him in the 1st 

oof

11 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

He's got at least 400 yards and 4 TDs by now and this article has the Seahawks taking K'Neal Harry in front of him in the 1st 

oof

Yea that is a bit nuts. But the same limitations that stopped him being a 1st rounder in April are still there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Both. He has played better than other early OL. So whichever way you want to look at it. He's been better. Or theyve been worse.

That's the whole premise of a "Week 7 re-draft".

I guess I don’t understand how being the best of the worst projects him into the middle of the 1st round. Shouldn’t he be compared to everyone and not just OL?

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I guess I don’t understand how being the best of the worst projects him into the middle of the 1st round. Shouldn’t he be compared to everyone and not just OL?

Youd have to ask the brainiacs from yardbarker for the real logic behind their reasons. But there are plenty of other draft picks who underperform as well. Very few are playing at a high level come week 7 of their rookie year. Even comparing him to everyone doesnt drop him that far. Rookies just dont produce like us fans expect them to?

It's good to see the rest of the league outside of our Bills vacuum.

If anything, find some solace in the fact that Ford was and is a good pick.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Youd have to ask the brainiacs from yardbarker for the real logic behind their reasons. But there are plenty of other draft picks who underperform as well. Very few are playing at a high level come week 7 of their rookie year. Even comparing him to everyone doesnt drop him that far. Rookies just dont produce like us fans expect them to?

It's good to see the rest of the league outside of our Bills vacuum.

If anything, find some solace in the fact that Ford was and is a good pick.

A 1st round redraft after 8 weeks is silly. It’s a talking point so I guess it’s serving its purpose

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

Still no love for Metcalf...

1 hour ago, Gary Busey said:

oof

What am I missing? Isnt he going at #22 in the redraft ahead of N'Keal Harry at 29?

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Haha (+1) 2