Allen by Quarter Stats

Virgil

10 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

Seems to me josh is a little over amped early and settles down.

Would love to see some nice easy throws to get him in a more relaxed mode early to see if that helps.

Maybe we chip in and get him layed before games, it might relax him a little ?

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Hey Josh, if you could play the whole game like you do the 4th quarter thatd be great.

Agreed. The 4th quarter stuff is great but if we didn’t have a really good defense, we might be out of the game by then. 4th quarter comebacks are becoming overrated.

basically, there’s a could ways this could go.  It could go the Bortles, Sanchez, Mitch T route where we ignore obvious flaws because they are “winning” and they never progress. Or it could go the Brady, Wilson, Big Ben route where they are game managers who eventually develop into franchise guys.  I have my concerns about Allen but I’m interested to see how this season finishes up.

don't know if it was mentioned but i believe he was 10/11 in the 2nd half. 3 4th qtr comebacks so far are impressive but i don't think sustainable.  i do have to say though that i'm glad we finally got a guy who can actually do it.

the thing that sticks out to me are his sloppy mechanics. i don't know why he can't take that 1/2 second and plant his feet.

that's why his long ball is sucking. he never takes that fraction of a sec. to put both feet on the ground before throwing.  when they start calling those quick throws from the pocket, he's fine.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, DRA3196 said:

It takes Josh 3 qtrs. to get the jitters out, by the 4th the kid is ready to play ball.

Josh, one viewing of this every morning and then call me at 4:30 on Sunday.

EDIT:  I am now thinking seriously that it would be great for the Bills to license this and put it on the jumbotrons in the second or third quarters.  Might get a laugh and relax the players.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

What makes Allen's 4th quarter stats even more impressive is that all of it was generated in tight one score games.  This wasn't a case of a guy throwing for yards/TD's against another teams prevent defense & back-up defenders.  In all these 4th quarters the game was on the line.  And that includes the Giants game where Allen led us on a TD drive to boost our lead from 1 to 2 TD's.

This data should make all of us very confident that Allen is indeed the guy.  This is PROOF positive that he can play QB at an exceptional level.  What will be needed to get Allen to do this over an entire game will be much less then what would have been needed to get Allen to be clutch when it mattered.  See Mathew Stafford.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe the coach should run out the practice squad with Josh around 9am. Let them play about 3 quarters of a “game”. He’ll be perfect by opening kickoff. 

32 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

What makes Allen's 4th quarter stats even more impressive is that all of it was generated in tight one score games.  This wasn't a case of a guy throwing for yards/TD's against another teams prevent defense & back-up defenders.  In all these 4th quarters the game was on the line.  And that includes the Giants game where Allen led us on a TD drive to boost our lead from 1 to 2 TD's.

This data should make all of us very confident that Allen is indeed the guy.  This is PROOF positive that he can play QB at an exceptional level.  What will be needed to get Allen to do this over an entire game will be much less then what would have been needed to get Allen to be clutch when it mattered.  See Mathew Stafford.

I’d rather take a guy that’s clutch in the 4th quarter rather than one that thinks the game’s over by the end of the 3rd. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Not only that Allens the guy who is still very early in his development and transition into the NFL. Its also a good representation of Bills HC McD and the resilient team the Bills young GM has built.

When I heard Ryan Fitzpatrick was starting for the Dolphins there was not a doubt in my mind Buffalo would be facing a different team then the record indicated.

Don't undrestimate the win my fellow Bills fans...

• Thank you (+1) 1