Former Bill Justin Bannan arrested for attempted murder

Albany,n.y.

35 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Bannan and Leonhard? You seem to have a "type.":beer:

Anyways, this guy was actually a pretty solid football player and had a decent career. Definitely remember the 2-way thing and thought he was drafted as an OL. Pretty sure he came in around the same time as TIGHT END Jason Peters, so maybe I'm mis-remembering. 

I'm NEVER shocked when something like this goes down because I don't know these guys personally. I know what their bio says and how they interact with the media. For the most part, as fans, we really have very little idea as to what type of a person a particular player actually is IRL. 

Hope the woman's OK obviously. Not a good story.

I do have a type, hard working underdogs that most people think of as an afterthought. Schobel was the other player on that D that was amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I do have a type, hard working underdogs that most people think of as an afterthought. Schobel was the other player on that D that was amazing.

My favorite defensive players from that era were Schobel, Tim Anderson, Chris Kelsay, Poz, Leonhard, and Tim Euhus even though he was a tight end.

On a serious note, Schobel was nothing like your description of on ideal player. Aaron was not some overachieving underdog; he was a very talented, athletic end. 

Again, very sad story.

Edited by LSHMEAB

41 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Bannan and Leonhard? You seem to have a "type.":beer:

Anyways, this guy was actually a pretty solid football player and had a decent career. Definitely remember the 2-way thing and thought he was drafted as an OL. Pretty sure he came in around the same time as TIGHT END Jason Peters, so maybe I'm mis-remembering. 

I'm NEVER shocked when something like this goes down because I don't know these guys personally. I know what their bio says and how they interact with the media. For the most part, as fans, we really have very little idea as to what type of a person a particular player actually is IRL. 

Hope the woman's OK obviously. Not a good story.

Classic cause and effect situation may be the result of a broken man crying out for help. As we are seeing everyday, these types of things can happen to anyone.

13 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Schobel was a hard working player that players around the league respected.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Where are we now in the team psycho leaderboard?

The Pats had Hernandez but I guess we're still top with OJ - he got away with it (ironically such a Pats thing to do)

OJ did all that stuff after his playing days in Buffalo. While he was here I don’t think he was a head case. 

40 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Classic cause and effect situation may be the result of a broken man crying out for help. As we are seeing everyday, these types of things can happen to anyone.

Schobel was a hard working player that players around the league respected.

I wasn't saying he didn't work hard or earn respect around the league. I'm saying he didn't fit the stereotype of a tenacious OVERACHIEVER. It was a side convo with some nuance, but the point was that Schobel was born with some legit athletic gifts. He wasn't Rudy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I wasn't saying he didn't work hard or earn respect around the league. I'm saying he didn't fit the stereotype of a tenacious OVERACHIEVER. It was a side convo with some nuance, but the point was that Schobel was born with some legit athletic gifts. He wasn't Rudy.

I totally agree with you...Schobel had a natural talent for what he did. It has been awhile, but I do not remember him being labled as an overachiever to any large extent. I know that he worked hard...it showed in his play...just watching him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

you forgot the apostrophe for the Lions ...... :)))))

You have entered the land of apostrophe roulette! The sooner you get used to that, the sooner you can sleep happily through the night. ? 

Just another man with a broken brain.

14 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

oh yes, I am well aware of this land you speak of.......no rhyme or reason

We prefer to think of it as.......variety!

Just a coincidence, but I type this as I’m looking at condos for sale in Sarasota. I woke up this morning and it was chilly in the house, and about 45 degrees outside. I know what comes next! That’s @plenzmd1 weather. He must have bumped his head as a child! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

We prefer to think of it as.......variety!

Just a coincidence, but I type this as I’m looking at condos for sale in Sarasota. I woke up this morning and it was chilly in the house, and about 45 degrees outside. I know what comes next! That’s @plenzmd1 weather. He must have bumped his head as a child! 

Sarasota is amazing - I lived in ATL for 28 years and would never move back

10 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Sarasota is amazing - I lived in ATL for 28 years and would never move back

My 18 years in Sarasota was the longest I’ve lived anywhere. Left WNY for college at 17. Hope to get back to SRQ.....it’s FULL of Bills fans!