Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

4 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I believe it has been up thread on some page. Anyway he will most likely repost it.

Even if it were true, it’s a drop in the bucket.

I have the Bills at 20 dropped passes on the year, tied for second in the NFL with the Pats. 

That’s 4.4% of our passes this year. If we dropped it to league average of 15, that’d be 3.3%. Hardly a stark change.

8 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I have the Bills at 20 dropped passes on the year, tied for second in the NFL with the Pats. 

That’s 4.4% of our passes this year. If we dropped it to league average of 15, that’d be 3.3%. Hardly a stark change.

And based on that then Brady gets a pass for dropped balls aswell. 

26 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Please link that stat.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=232&type=Receiving

This was before the Steelers game and it's total passes dropped.

Simple math after that.  Dropped Passes / Total Passing Attempts = Drop %

Bills had the 2nd highest number of drops in the NFL at 20 before the Steelers game.  #1 was Chicago at 21.  Chicago has 62 more attempts on the year.  New England, who is tied with the Bills in total drops at 20, has 91 more pass attempts on the year.

And you can keep on going down that list.

Bills were #1 BY FAR coming into the Steelers game.  Doesn't look like drops have been updated for the games that happened this weekend, but I can't imagine yesterday changes anything.

Did you not believe me?

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=232&type=Receiving

This was before the Steelers game and it's total passes dropped.

Simple math after that.  Dropped Passes / Total Passing Attempts = Drop %

Bills had the 2nd highest number of drops in the NFL at 20 before the Steelers game.  #1 was Chicago at 21.  Chicago has 62 more attempts on the year.  New England, who is tied with the Bills in total drops at 20, has 91 more pass attempts on the year.

And you can keep on going down that list.

Bills were #1 BY FAR coming into the Steelers game.  Doesn't look like drops have been updated for the games that happened this weekend, but I can't imagine yesterday changes anything.

Did you not believe me?

19 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Just now, jrober38 said:

Allen is currently 32nd in the NFL in completion percentage, 26th in YPA, and 24th in QB Rating.

We're winning, but it hasn't been pretty (obviously). 

Allen makes the throws he needs to make, often at clutch times, like in the 4th quarter in a tied game in the red zone in 3rd and 9.

And then he makes throws like this that I don't know if any QB outside Mahomes or Rodgers makes:

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Allen makes the throws he needs to make, often at clutch times, like in the 4th quarter in a tied game in the red zone in 3rd and 9.

And then he makes throws like this that I don't know if any QB outside Mahomes or Rodgers makes:

He's got a knack for making the hard throws look easy and the easy throws look hard. 

We're winning, but he's still got a long way to go. 

The good news for the Bills is their defense is tremendous. It makes life very easy for our limited offense. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No. No. No.

Own the opponent.

I understand who we were playing against. That wasn't the Baltimore defense from last week. Pittsburgh was actually a lighter defense than what Buffalo saw last week. But our play calling still allowed the opponent to potentially tie the football game within the final 2 minutes of the football game (TWICE!!!!) when it NEVER should have come to that.

Our coaches don't coach to win. They coach not to lose.

That's fine against Devlin Hodges. How's it going to work  in the playoffs against Brady/Jackson/Mahomes/Watson???

Agree with the sentiment but Pittsburgh has a better defense than Baltimore imo 

14 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Queston for Transplant....or anyone else.....I haven't gotten to watch much Bills football this year...I did see a good bit of the game tonight VS PIT.  On an Allen INT, I noticed that he threw a high velocity, flutter ball that wasn't that well placed (slightly behind and maybe a bit elevated) on the target.  That fluttering hardball would be hard to catch if it was spot on, but it made for what would have been a very hard catch (I think for Brown) and it deflected off him and was picked.

...so my question is....regarding drops....is this due in part because Allen doesn't always uncork a tight spiral?  does he throw knucklers at his guys often like that?  That kind of throw can't be that easy to grab.  Just wondering.

It’s because Beasley is a midget.    It’s a 20 yard pickup if you swap out Beasley for Emanuel Sanders or anyone in that tier 

You already know this though.     Why the trolling question? 

Edited by Teddy KGB

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Agree with the sentiment but Pittsburgh has a better defense than Baltimore imo 

It’s because Beasley is a midget.    It’s a 20 yard pickup if you swap out Beasley for Emanuel Sanders or anyone in that tier 

You already know this though.     Why the trolling question? 

He mad because he had Bills at like 5-11 or 6-10 or some ***** and turns out the Bills got the same record as his Chiefs. He mad yo....

angryguy.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Top 5 in total passes dropped in terms of drop %... and this isn't yet totally accurate as I explain below:

1) Bills at 4.5%

2) 49ers at 4.2%

3) Bears at 4.1%

4) Dolphins at 3.7%

5) Pats at 3.6%

Those numbers are actually based on last week's total # of drops combined with this weeks total completions, but we don't have the total drops factored into those stats yet... at least I don't believe they do because the numbers haven't changed for any of those teams.

The Bills drop % going into the Steelers game was actually 4.7%.

16 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

He's got a knack for making the hard throws look easy and the easy throws look hard. 

We're winning, but he's still got a long way to go. 

The good news for the Bills is their defense is tremendous. It makes life very easy for our limited offense. 

Well said 

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Top 5 in total passes dropped in terms of drop %... and this isn't yet totally accurate as I explain below:

1) Bills at 4.5%

2) 49ers at 4.2%

3) Bears at 4.1%

4) Dolphins at 3.7%

5) Pats at 3.6%

Those numbers are actually based on last week's total # of drops combined with this weeks total completions, but we don't have the total drops factored into those stats yet... at least I don't believe they do because the numbers haven't changed for any of those teams.

Probably won't until tonights game is wrapped up I would guess. Assuming they do every team.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

17 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Denver 

@ Dallas

Baltimore 

@ Pittsburgh 

Last 4 games.  

Winning percentage = 75 percent.  

and yet were still crunching numbers about his completion %  Anyone on here would have been thrilled with the prospect of winning 3/4 games  Haters gotta hate

6 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

and yet were still crunching numbers about his completion %  Anyone on here would have been thrilled with the prospect of winning 3/4 games  Haters gotta hate

Football is a team sport.

I think anyone who is objectively watching these games knows the defense has been carrying the offense all season. 

I mean, if Josh Allen was playing on a team with the 20th ranked defense instead of the 2nd ranked defense, his W/L record would be an entirely different story.

He's doing enough and we're winning, and he's doing what needs to be done late in games, but let's not pretend that he or this offense are actually "good".

We're very limited offensively (22nd in points per game). Hopefully we have another good draft and a productive free agency period and the offense can get into the top half of the league next year.

If that happens we'll be Super Bowl contenders next season if the defense remains intact. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Allen keeps winning.    You chose poorly 

You were wrong.   Let’s move on. 

Just now, HOUSE said:

exactly.  

Is this thread going to last 15 years?

Josh has the worst competition percentage in the NFL. 

HE KEEPS WINNING

FYI

tainted Tommy is at 60.1 for the season

this Micromanaging is proving nothing IMO 

20 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

1) Bills at 4.5%

2) 49ers at 4.2%

3) Bears at 4.1%

4) Dolphins at 3.7%

5) Pats at 3.6%

Yeah so “we are the the worst in the league BY FAR,” really meant by 0.3% in front of one of the Super Bowl favorites.

1 hour ago, london_bills said:

When Josh Allen is inaccurate, the ball being slightly high in the beasley INT for example.. 

Does anyone know if its a consistent technical issue? Footwork? Rushing the throw? 

Collinsworth was saying he rushed the mechanics on that one

It's inconsistent mechanics he just needs to continue to get reps...at Wyoming his base was completely wrong when throwing and his footwork was consistently incorrect ...he worked with Jordan Palmer and ofc the bills coaches to mitigate some of it but he's still thinking about it and making small errors like having his feet pointed the wrong direction towards his intended Target and having his feet spread too far apart or too little on his dropback and sometimes using all arm instead of his entire base like on some of the deep balls he's missed.

• Like (+1) 1