TNF 8:20pm : Eagles (1-2) @ Packers (3-0)

whatdrought

Just now, whatdrought said:

Oh my goodness.

This conversation: 

giphy.gif

They cannot both be right... 

You're dismissing all of these as them defending their teammate, while believing the anonymous sources as gospel. 

I'm not dismissing the supporters.  That's how they feel about him.  You are dismissing the other comments ts as even being made.  They both can be correct interpretations of individual players interactions and assessments of Wentz.  There is no reason that the dissenters weren't also giving honest opinions.  It blew up and team leaders had too come too the rescue.  Pretty simple.

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

That catch by Allison before the TD was example of difficult catches on non-perfect passes that NFL receivers make all the time.  If Josh threw that and the receiver dropped it (or worse it deflected off his hands for an interception) there would be a hundred people on here wailing about the imperfect pass 

Well, cause Allen is inaccurate... Duh. You really should pay attention to the talking heads, you'd know this stuff. 

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

That catch by Allison before the TD was example of difficult catches on non-perfect passes that NFL receivers make all the time.  If Josh threw that and the receiver dropped it (or worse it deflected off his hands for an interception) there would be a hundred people on here wailing about the imperfect pass (some would even complain if it was caught)

I dunno, that was a pretty spectacular grab. I wouldn’t say NFL WRs make that catch all the time.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm not dismissing the supporters.  That's how they feel about him.  You are dismissing the other comments ts as even being made.  They both can be correct interpretations of individual players interactions and assessments of Wentz.  There is no reason that the dissenters weren't also giving honest opinions.  It blew up and team leaders had too come too the rescue.  Pretty simple.

No I'm not. I didn't say they weren't said. 

They can both be accurate interpretations, but they cannot both be accurate representations of the truth of who Carson Wentz is. Just because 6 of his teammates believe he's a bad teammate/d-bag, doesn't mean he is. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

No I'm not. I didn't say they weren't said. 

They can both be accurate interpretations, but they cannot both be accurate representations of the truth of who Carson Wentz is. Just because 6 of his teammates believe he's a bad teammate/d-bag, doesn't mean he is. 

f course they can.  The point of it all is that he treats them mates differently.  And of course team leaders are going to run to be on record saying it's all BS.  That's how this works.  You see the news tonight?

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

f course they can.  The point of it all is that he treats them mates differently.  And of course team leaders are going to run to be on record saying it's all BS.  That's how this works.  You see the news tonight?

But the problem with that idea is that his supporters aren't just saying that he's a good teammate to them- they're saying that everything in the report is categorically false. The leaders of the team who would likely know if he was causing issues in the Locker room. I'm fine with us saying we don't really know the situation, but I still don't think there's enough in this one story to make a judgement about Carson Wentz as a person- and if there were, I think it goes the other way from your judgement. 

But this argument seems pretty over and can be let to die and we can focus our alcohol laden attention on being angry that the NFL hired a stupid production company just so they could get even worse halftime productions. 

Edited by whatdrought