Dallas (-21.5) vs. Miami, New England (-22.5) vs. New York Jets

On 9/17/2019 at 11:52 AM, Bills2ref said:

I read on this board a while ago an idea that I love. Something that will never happen. Randomize the divisions every X amount of years. 5 years or so. Divisions do not matter anymore due to lack of travel constraints. Throw all the AFC teams into a hat and randomly draw for divisions. Same with the NFC. Think of how much of a disadvantage the Bills, Jets and Dolphins have had to be in a division with the best QB and coach combo in history. We are just lucky the Bills themselves haven’t been overly competitive during that time. 

I would rather see each team play everybody in conference once, no divisions, like the EPL or PAC-10. There is fifteen. Then add one to three out of conference games depending on whether it is a 16 or 18 game season. No one could beat up on their weak sisters and we would have a much more competitive league. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

So what would be a guaranteed bet to make some money, not hundreds or thousands, but at least get something back? 

There are no locks but “safe” bets this weekend to me would be the Lambs (the Clowns are soft up front on offense and Wade’s defense should make it a long day for Mayfield), Indy has a soft spread (-2) and betting history is on your side in that one. I like to bet in odd numbers so I am generally right or wrong at the end of the day; so for a third, even though it is big money I like the Cheats. Belichick against a rookie QB. Bell is going wish he had stayed in Pittsburgh. 

Just remember when all three of these are wrong, I was never here and it is for entertainment purposes only. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/17/2019 at 5:21 PM, row_33 said:

doubt more than 1 other AFC playoff team would have played .500 in the NFC in those Bills SB years

And look who was in the NFC in those years....the division that owned us? None other than......

6 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

The AFCE has been weak...for sure...but A) NE has been beating all NFL teams at the same rate as AFCE teams...( about 75% )......with the exception of Denver ( in Denver ) no team can compete with them over a 16 games season.....there's a good chance they would dominate any division.....and B) The AFCE would have fare much better without them in the division..... 

Agreed

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/17/2019 at 1:16 PM, row_33 said:

bring in Cincinnati

QBs often don't leave games, Ben stayed in to the bitter end the first week

Pats called a time out with 6 seconds left to set up a D to stop a Hail Mary attempt, no cheap TDs were to be allowed.

My thoughts are that you stay on the gas pedal until the final whistle blows. Screw all the nonsense about mercy and running up the score. Send a message to the rest of the league that you're here to whoop some ass. This is competition and you compete till it's over. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FLbills said:

My thoughts are that you stay on the gas pedal until the final whistle blows. Screw all the nonsense about mercy and running up the score. Send a message to the rest of the league that you're here to whoop some ass. This is competition and you compete till it's over. 

‘Points for’ is a tie breaker criteria, correct?

On 9/17/2019 at 6:28 PM, BigDingus said:

The Pats probably feel disrespected by that line, and Belichick will use it as motivation for his team to come in & hang 50+ on the Jets.

....as in a FG up 42-0 with 3 seconds left in the 1st half..........gotta send a statement........

23 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

‘Points for’ is a tie breaker criteria, correct?

I do believe you are correct. Thanks for pointing this out. Although I know that, I hadn't really taken it into consideration. Just another reason, and holds a lot more merit to get after it. I've never really understood why teams get away from what has been successful for the majority of the game and go into prevent. I might be wrong here, but it seems like when that happens, the opposing team starts to move the ball and score. Just my opinion of course. I don't have any numbers to back any of this up, it's just how it seems to me.