What have the Democrats done in the past Four years

B-Man

get going on the process of Amendment on the Electoral College, i'm interested in seeing how many states would give their vote up entirely to large states

(forgive me, but the 12th Amendment?)

can we do the same for the Senate as well?  Why should 2 from Wyoming have the same voting power as 2 from California?

Edited by row_33

2 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Abolishing the electoral college should result in mass secession from the union.

fortunately it will require a supermajority of states to do this.....  not a hope of that happening

On 11/9/2019 at 10:00 AM, njbuff said:

Something needs to be done about this.

There is NO WAY in the REAL WORLD that a biological male should ever be near a woman's sporting event.

If I had daughters, this would outrage the hell out of me. Heck,, I don't even have daughters and it sickens me.

Late to this discussion, but I suspect something WILL be done about this when the Olympics are held in Tokyo in 2020.

There will undoubtedly be a global push to let trans men compete in women's sporting events, and I suspect that will be the moment when the world let's you know how stupid this is. Once you have thousands of women showing up to to compete against men after training the last decade for their event(s), I believe the world will schitt the bed faster than a Kamala Harris presidential campaign.

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Late to this discussion, but I suspect something WILL be done about this when the Olympics are held in Tokyo in 2020.

There will undoubtedly be a global push to let trans men compete in women's sporting events, and I suspect that will be the moment when the world let's you know how stupid this is. Once you have thousands of women showing up to to compete against men after training the last decade for their event(s), I believe the world will schitt the bed faster than a Kamala Harris presidential campaign.

we already had this going on in the 60s and 70s

image.png.6f9ab32dfe13e79cd725f2d1f068da0a.png

Edited by row_33

On 11/28/2019 at 10:20 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

Only someone who doesn't understand the world and where it IS right now on a national defense level (not only where it's going) would downplay the need for a strong presence in space. The entire global economy, not to mention our military (and others) depend on being able to protect assets in orbit. 

You've been drinking early, and I respect that, and I also am glad you're getting all your really laughable ideas out here in PPP rather than at the dinner table where you'd rightfully be mocked by family. 

:beer: 

Space has been the  responsibility of the Air Force since Reagan was president.

Air Force Space Command, activated Sept. 1, 1982, is a major command with headquarters at Peterson Air Force Base, Colo. AFSPC provides military focused space capabilities with a global perspective to the joint warfighting team.

https://www.afspc.af.mil/About-Us/

• Like (+1) 1

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp reportedly intends to appoint Kelly Loeffler, a businesswoman and Republican donor, to replace Sen. Johnny Isakson, who is retiring from the Senate. President Trump is said to have favored Rep. Doug Collins, one of his most ardent House defenders, for the nod.

Kemp reportedly believes that, with Georgia becoming increasingly competitive for Democrats due to the preferences of women in Atlanta’s suburbs, Loeffler is a more attractive face of the party than Collins, and has a better chance of holding the seat for the GOP in 2020 and 2022.

However, his move might backfire because Loeffler faces a special “jungle election” in 2020. If Collins enters that race, it might pave the way for a Democrat to win. Let’s hope that, if Loeffler as Senator supports the president and his policies, Trump will dissuade Collins from challenging her.

{snip}

As governor, it is Kemp’s job to pick a replacement for Isakson. In a sense, therefore, Gaetz has it backwards. Trump (or his supporters) wants to substitute his judgment for the man whose duty it is to do the judging.

Moreover, Kemp has reason to believe he knows Georgia politics as well as, if not better, than Trump. Trump’s political instincts are excellent. However, Kemp served for eight years as Georgia’s secretary of state. Last year, he was elected governor, defeating Stacey Abrams in a difficult race (with Trump’s help, to be sure).

Kemp’s assessment that Loeffler has a better chance than Collins of holding the Senate seat cannot be dismissed just because Trump may want Collins to be rewarded with the job.

The concern I have about this appointment isn’t that Trump might not agree with it. My concern is whether Loeffler is a solid conservative.

Some conservatives have noted that she contributed in the past to Mitt Romney. That shouldn’t bother anyone. Many solid conservatives backed Romney back in the day.

Loeffler is said to have ties with Stacey Abrams. Reportedly, she did legal work for the WNBA team Loeffler owns. If that’s the only tie, it shouldn’t be of concern.

The real question is where Loeffler stands on the issues. Phil Kent, a conservative pundit and communications consultant who has worked with Loeffler, describes her as “a big opponent of Obamacare,” a supporter of gun rights, and “very tough” on illegal immigration. If so, that checks some very important conservative boxes.

It’s also worth noting that Kemp himself is a solid conservative. However, attractive Loeffler might be as a candidate, I doubt he would appoint her if he had reason to question her conservatism. Kemp said:

The idea that I would appoint someone to the U.S. Senate that is NOT pro-life, pro-2nd Amendment, pro-freedom, and 100% supportive of our President (and his plan to Keep America Great) is ridiculous. Frankly, I could care less what the political establishment thinks.

Finally, Loeffler will have a strong incentive to be a reliable conservative, at least for the first few years. If she isn’t, Collins or some other strong conservative will likely challenge her.

In the end, I lack the knowledge needed to answer the question of whether Loeffler is a strong and reliable conservative. This, though, is the question people should be asking, not whether Kemp erred (or sinned) by disagreeing with Trump.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/12/report-kelly-loeffler-not-doug-collins-will-be-georgias-next-senator.php