WR's on the bubble, big dilemma tonight!

tomur67

2 minutes ago, ColeB said:

So, it looks like the following WRs didn’t dress/play:

Brown, Beasley, Jones, Roberts, McKenzie, Foster (inj)

Could put Foster on IR and someone who played today could be the 6th? 

Foster played special teams in the beginning. I believe he made the tackle on the first punt.

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

Judging by the personnel on the field tonight, I’m guessing that McKensie, and Zay are safe. 

Zay was never not safe, I still don't get this thinking. There's nothing anyone can point to that showed there was even a question of him making the roster.

I don't think there are any WRs on the bubble. We're going to keep our top 6 and that's it, especially now with Beane saying they haven't ruled out keeping Kroft on the active roster (four TEs). 

Edited by VW82

I think we have to be careful with the phrase "plays special teams" as a value add, which it often is. Marcus Murphy and Isaiah McKenzie are returners. They do not really play special teams if you have Andre Roberts on your team. Sure, he could get hurt and you need a backup but those guys are not going to be on the active 47 because of special teams whatsoever. They won't play one snap. Foster, and even Duke have played non-returner ST this preseason. That is a value add, not Murphy or McKittrick, regardless of how decent or good they are as returners. 

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think we have to be careful with the phrase "plays special teams" as a value add, which it often is. Marcus Murphy and Isaiah McKenzie are returners. They do not really play special teams if you have Andre Roberts on your team. Sure, he could get hurt and you need a backup but those guys are not going to be on the active 47 because of special teams whatsoever. They won't play one snap. Foster, and even Duke have played non-returner ST this preseason. That is a value add, not Murphy or McKittrick, regardless of how decent or good they are as returners. 

Sure, but I tend to believe that if McKensie weren’t safe, he would have been on the field. 

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

Sure, but I tend to believe that if McKensie weren’t safe, he would have been on the field. 

McKenzie is likely to make it because he makes plays, he gets open and catches the ball, and he's deadly on jet sweeps. His ST play has very little to do with whether he makes or does not make the team. If we didn't have Roberts, then him being able to return punts and KOs would be a big advantage. But we do have Roberts, and unless he gets hurt, McKenzie will never get one return. And therefore see no special teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

My boy Sills V with the game winner!! What a play! All i'm saying is Zay isn't hauling in a rocket straight off his chest in double coverage while being hit.... He wouldn't have caught that $#!+ if he were wide open with nobody around, the ball would've donked off his stupid face into the stands. Congrats Tyree and Sills V, huge comeback and huge play, great win, great preseason.

2 hours ago, ColeB said:

So, it looks like the following WRs didn’t dress/play:

Brown, Beasley, Jones, Roberts, McKenzie, Foster (inj)

Could put Foster on IR and someone who played today could be the 6th? 

err...Foster made a great play as gunner for a punt. Probably a really important tackle for his immediate future on the Bills, given that they dressed him precisely for STs evaluation. 

(maybe someone already commented on this point, and if so, apologies. But seriously? Pay attention, my friend.)