So I'm in Dallas right now...

56 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I was at RWS 4-5 years ago for a cancer screening event where afterwards they took you on a tour of the locker rooms, field and press box.  There is a reason why they don't give tours normally...

Come back and take a look now....https://www.buffalobills.com/photos/sneak-peek-inside-the-bills-new-locker-room-13551785#6d94fb49-b618-4a5c-af0f-cfc08b10f773

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

Makes sense. I was only there in the 90s and for a tour and not back since. 

I have several friends in Dallas who are hard-core Cowboys fans and they say the exact opposite. The game and fan experience is amazing according to both. One is a season ticket holder and the other catches 3-4 games a year. Night and day experience compared to the old stadium. But heck, what do they know ?

22 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

I have several friends in Dallas who are hard-core Cowboys fans and they say the exact opposite. The game and fan experience is amazing according to both. One is a season ticket holder and the other catches 3-4 games a year. Night and day experience compared to the old stadium. But heck, what do they know ?

I went to probably 100 games at Texas Stadium and it was sweet until Jerry bought the team.  He trashed it out on purpose to get what he wanted.  Have not been to a game at the Jerry Jones Mausoleum and don't plan to. I did go to the Wonder Boy draft there and it does not seem like a place I would want to watch a game.  But to each his /her own

Edited by reddogblitz

10 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

I was at that game and what made the screen even more annoying was that the players on the screen were going in the opposite direction than the actual players on the field.  Very confusing.

Forgot about that.  Yes, about as annoying as a mosquito buzzing around your ear while a long nose hair is tickling your nostril while you walk with a tiny stone in your shoe while there is a splinter chaffing you in your underwear.

Personally I don't see the need for a market like Buffalo to have a stadium like that. NYC is the largest market in America and MetLife stadium (which has 2 teams occupying it) is only used about 30 to 35 times a year. Between concerts, 20 to 22 football games and a few big events sprinkled in that still only gets you to 35 days a year. 

A stadium in Buffalo would house 10 football games a year via the Bill's and be lucky to see a handful of other events a year there. So for a stadium to be only used 20ish times a year all you need is a decent place to see a game. 

A nice place with a lot of bathrooms, enough concession stands, and good infrastructure to get in and out of is all that matters honestly. You don't need a 1.4 billion dollar super stadium to sit empty for 345 days a year. 

Most markets should have bare bones stadiums, that's not putting Buffalo down either just stating my opinion that it's a waste of money given what it could be used for. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

How much did parking cost?  I have heard horror stories of it being $100.

It was all complimentary. There was someones name on the parking spot. Well connected relatives in Dallas hooked me up while in town for a wedding ? 

I will say a football game at Cowboys Stadium is at the total other end of the spectrum compared to a game at RWS. 

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/26/2019 at 9:01 PM, Returntoglory said:

I went to AT&T Stadium today and all I can say is WOW! I have been to many Professional Sports Stadiums and Arena's all around the world but the AT&T Stadium hands down, is the most impressive facility I have ever seen. 

I had some time to kill today prior to an event I had to attend so I said, what the heck, let me run out to the stadium and get a few shots and maybe some souvenirs for some friends back home who are Cowboys fans.

Little did I know that they had a VIP tour for only $27.00 so I said, what the hell, and took the 11/2 hour intimate tour!

First of all, this place is HUGE, Fuccillo HUGE! driving in the area you can see it on the horizon because it just can't hide! Once inside, it's vastness takes on an entirely new scale. 

NO OBSTRUCTED VIEWS! Nada. Nothing. Nowhere! Site-lines are simply incredible. 105,000 people, are you kidding me?

The concourse areas are impressive, MANY bathrooms, restaurants, food& beverage stands, NOTHING was neither forgotten nor no expense was spared to give the Cowboys fans the ultimate Fan and Game experience!

I'm an old school Bills fan. Been to many games dating back to the 70's but I have to tell you, this is what we need and we need it DOWNTOWN! 

I want to be spoiled and pampered when I shell out the $$$ to see my team. I'm tired of the miserable ride in the dead of winter to OP. 

This is the shiney new toy us Bills fans deserve!

Oh and, I also met Jerry Jones as well ?

First of all welcome to my neck of the woods. I live in Granbury about 75 minutes southwest of the stadium.  

My apologies for the blast furnace temperatures.

I've been a Cowboys fan all my life however when I met someone at a swimming pool  who is a die hard Bills fan I began to follow the Bills too. I'm here because the person I met felt it was a good place to learn the team and WNY.

My thanks for the many things you said about good ole Jerry's World.  It's definitely impressive.  I am fortunate to have seen it being built because at that time I lived in Arlington 5 miles away from the stadium. I have been able to attend about 10 games. The second was. when the Bills were here the last time.  I am not a season ticket holder. I could/should have been in the former Texas Stadium but not this one.  Those PSL's  are the reason.  Now about that score board..  I am in the minority. I only use it for the replay or if someone just has to pass by my seat during a key moment in game ?.  Now about that parking....I park at a local restaurant and ride their shuttle for about $20.00. I don't like giving THAT owner any more of my money than necessary. I loose out on getting to tailgate because I don't park but I have found a group I can join their tailgate.

• Like (+1) 2

Question for those who have been to a game in Dallas......

I am going this year to the Thanksgiving game.  I want to watch the game from our seats (which are good) but also want to look around the facilities at Jerry World.  How early should I go into the complex to check it out?  I was thinking trying to get to the gates around 2:15.  

P.S.  Yes, I am aware the longer I am in stadium the more cash I will be shelling out.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:03 AM, CowgirlsFan said:

First of all welcome to my neck of the woods. I live in Granbury about 75 minutes southwest of the stadium.  

My apologies for the blast furnace temperatures.

I've been a Cowboys fan all my life however when I met someone at a swimming pool  who is a die hard Bills fan I began to follow the Bills too. I'm here because the person I met felt it was a good place to learn the team and WNY.

My thanks for the many things you said about good ole Jerry's World.  It's definitely impressive.  I am fortunate to have seen it being built because at that time I lived in Arlington 5 miles away from the stadium. I have been able to attend about 10 games. The second was. when the Bills were here the last time.  I am not a season ticket holder. I could/should have been in the former Texas Stadium but not this one.  Those PSL's  are the reason.  Now about that score board..  I am in the minority. I only use it for the replay or if someone just has to pass by my seat during a key moment in game ?.  Now about that parking....I park at a local restaurant and ride their shuttle for about $20.00. I don't like giving THAT owner any more of my money than necessary. I loose out on getting to tailgate because I don't park but I have found a group I can join their tailgate.

Thank You CowgirlsFan. 

I love Texas! Lived there twice in my life(Austin) and met and married my wife of 35 years there. I was in the Mansfield area for 3 days on this last trip.

Sounds like you have it all sorted out come game day.

• Awesome! (+1) 1