3rd Preseason Game--Hmm

plenzmd1

I may be remembering this wrong..but i remember being excited last year after both of the first two preseason games. And they played against starters for Cincy and it was an "oh poop" moment..like yep, we are going to be really bad. Joshs first start..but it was more the OL is gunna be a major issue this year...and sure as hell it was.

I am kinda optimistic again this year, but oh oh..3rd week coming up

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I may be remembering this wrong..but i remember being excited last year after both of the first two preseason games. And they played against starters for Cincy and it was an "oh poop" moment..like yep, we are going to be really bad. Joshs first start..but it was more the OL is gunna be a major issue this year...and sure as hell it was.

Yeah, we were excited about Josh's play against 3rd stringers and heard he was finally getting a few 1st team reps in camp.  And then reality struck.

This year does feel a bit different, although I'm sure I've said that before as the unabashed homer I am.  ;)

14 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Listening to Bill Simmons' podcast on The Ringer right now, with ESPN's Matthew Berry. 

Did you all know that Josh Allen was the #1 fantasy QB in the league, Weeks 12-17? Amazing. Let's keep that going.

I think he was 2 behind Mahomes.. Saw it on espn last night. 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Just tell me the game will be the National broadcast on CBS and I'll be happy 

They were advertising it during the national broadcast of the Saints/Chargers game yesterday so it is probably safe to assume you will be happy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Listening to Bill Simmons' podcast on The Ringer right now, with ESPN's Matthew Berry. 

Did you all know that Josh Allen was the #1 fantasy QB in the league, Weeks 12-17? Amazing. Let's keep that going.

I was playing him and he was piling up points with his running and passing. I think they will try to knock off some of the running this year but we'll see.

1 minute ago, Metal Man said:

They were advertising it during the national broadcast of the Saints/Chargers game yesterday so it is probably safe to assume you will be happy.

He's never happy

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yeah last year Allen had finally worked his way up to the 1s and we were all excited then for whatever reason they replaced the entire O line with traffic cones and Josh took a beating and we ended deciding to try and use Peterman as a meat shield going into the season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

It will definitely be encouraging if the first team offense and defense puts up another performance like last week. I still don't put much stock in the preseason. I want to see how our OL looks against that Jets defensive front Week 1. Quinnen Williams was mauling Atlanta OL'man this past week. Hopefully Morse is back and doesn't take any head shots. 

In that game I was actually more concerned with Dalton and John Ross smoking our defense. But the defense turned out all right (after the first 6 quarters of the regular season).

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I think he was 2 behind Mahomes.. Saw it on espn last night. 

Well the chiefs played a somewhat conservative game in week 17 as they already had a bye.  Only threw the ball 24 times before coming out in the 4th quarter.  Allen also didn't have good numbers in week 14 and 16 against the NYJ and NE.  

I think he's a backup fantasy QB - but the 600 rushing yards and 8 TDs is awesome for fantasy purposes.  Especially in leagues where you only get 4 pts for a passing TD.  

28 minutes ago, MJS said:

In that game I was actually more concerned with Dalton and John Ross smoking our defense. But the defense turned out all right (after the first 6 quarters of the regular season).

We're not a particularly exotic defense (it seems like we're in quarters 75% of the time) - but we have some looks that we use to confuse QBs.  We tend to not use those and just rush 4 and play zone, maybe flip to man for a drive just for film purposes - despite this not really being a winning strategy to kind of show your hand like that.  Not much in the way of stunts either.  You aren't trying to win, you're trying to see how your players perform when the offense knows what you're doing.  

But other teams probably run the same 10 plays and just look at how it looks vs. zone vs. man etc.  So it's all kinda BS.