Canada is getting crazy

CoachT

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:04 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

I would suggest to my fellow Americans that we work together to clean up the shithole sectors of our society.  Or, it's like launching nuclear waste towards the sun.  It's very likely the stuff blows back at you.  Nobody will be immune.

Sounds great. Any suggestions as to how? There are candidates for president calling cops racist in debates.

I'm thinking that this might not help communities get safer, but what do I know?

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Sounds great. Any suggestions as to how? There are candidates for president calling cops racist in debates.

I'm thinking that this might not help communities get safer, but what do I know?

I disagree.  I avoid cops at all cost.  No need for fear mongering.  One can always hide behind safety.

Now... Lotta people, especially cops are racist.  Cops see and work the reality every day, probably hard NOT to be racist.  Our President is racist, why not call him racist? 

Cleaning up the crappy sectors doesn't more mean big government and their law enforcement arm: the police.  I like big government... But when it helps the people less regressive.

Police states suck more than the crappy parts of town. Yet, police are parasitic in those crappy parts of town... Feeding off the good, wearing them down financially with ticky tacky enforcement. Stop regressive taxing through law enforcement is a start. Trade $$$ & fines for community service and "sweat equity" will be a start.  Good, hard working poor people need a break... Not more financial burden caused by their law enforcement overlords.

I suggest work together so we can eliminate the need for excessive policing and move towards self-policing.  We only need one Andy Taylor and Barney Fife.

Trigger happy policing ain't the answer.

Great countries have heros.  It's sad countries that need them.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

14 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I disagree.  I avoid cops at all cost.  No need for fear mongering.  One can always hide behind safety.

Now... Lotta people, especially cops are racist.  Cops see and work the reality every day, probably hard NOT to be racist.  Our President is racist, why not call him racist? 

Cleaning up the crappy sectors doesn't more mean big government and their law enforcement arm: the police.  I like big government... But when it helps the people less regressive.

Police states suck more than the crappy parts of town. Yet, police are parasitic in those crappy parts of town... Feeding off the good, wearing them down financially with ticky tacky enforcement. Stop regressive taxing through law enforcement is a start. Trade $$$ & fines for community service and "sweat equity" will be a start.  Good, hard working poor people need a break... Not more financial burden caused by their law enforcement overlords.

I suggest work together so we can eliminate the need for excessive policing and move towards self-policing.  We only need one Andy Taylor and Barney Fife.

Trigger happy policing ain't the answer.

Great countries have heros.  It's sad countries that need them.

Wow EIL! If only you knew.....

There is to much here to respond you but I ask you to just consider the possibility that folks, and I mean good people in horrible neighborhoods, are purposely held down by a lot of poverty pimp politicians. Often poor conditions are in their political interest. Look at Baltimore. Look at the horrid conditions in NYC Housing Projects. Weren't there 39 shooting in Chicago over THIS weekend?  Who runs these cities?

Of course there are bad cops but politicians are doing the bulk of the damage and cops are often the political footballs.

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

Wow EIL! If only you knew.....

There is to much here to respond you but I ask you to just consider the possibility that folks, and I mean good people in horrible neighborhoods, are purposely held down by a lot of poverty pimp politicians. Often poor conditions are in their political interest. Look at Baltimore. Look at the horrid conditions in NYC Housing Projects. Weren't there 39 shooting in Chicago over THIS weekend?  Who runs these cities?

Of course there are bad cops but politicians are doing the bulk of the damage and cops are often the political footballs.

Politicians and Law Enforcement have an incestuous relationship. Politicians become the law m

I know I am a dreamer.  I live in a working poor community and live near some of the most diverse and disadvantaged areas in the country... Yet only miles from some of the least diverse and privileged areas.

I am not anti-police.  My son has been helping out with PAAC in town the last 4 summers.

We need more of this... But programs like this will be the first to be cut.

vvvvvvvv

https://www.villageofparkforest.com/590/PAAC-Program

"Police Officers, educators and community volunteers supervise youth participants. Youth who become part of PAAC are also exposed to the principles of fairness, tolerance, teamwork, personal discipline, and self-improvement..."

Our POTUS shows no tolerance.  Is the super-politician on steroids.

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Our POTUS shows no tolerance.  Is the super-politician on steroids.

But he just said he's on it and will fix it as soon as he cures Cancer and AIDS (which will be very soon) 

Trump on Monday called on lawmakers to pass strong gun background checks

(as part of a Border Security Deal) 

7 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Canada is crazy, with your 110 yard field.  Giant endzones with goalposts in the endzone.  3 downs instead of 4.  And don't get me started on the rouge

The team that gives up a TD may

1. Take the ball at its own 35

2. Receive a kickoff as normal

3. Opt to kick to the scoring team, hoping they fumble it away

NFL has the rouge on missed FGs that didn’t clear the EZ

CFL clock rolls on converts, clock rolls when ball is set on change of possession. Trying to follow the game clock is fun the first 24 games 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Whoa whoa. I was there to observe the native moose riders in their own habitat, nothing else.

You are welcome any time up here!

i insist on lunch or coffee next time.

On 8/5/2019 at 6:45 AM, /dev/null said:

Canada is crazy, with your 110 yard field.  Giant endzones with goalposts in the endzone.  3 downs instead of 4.  And don't get me started on the rouge

Lol the field is actually like 150 yards with the end zones. But the craziest part about the Canadian game is how every eligible player can motion and move around. So much harder to defend.

If you like an offensive game, then you would like Canadian football. I'd love to see and CFL game with NFL talent to see how it would look.

The whole world is getting crazy.

Guess why?  Americans First... We are pissing and moaning, crying and whining the last 3 years... While sitting in the lap of luxury...

Try that "Firster" approach as a parenting tool.  Tell me how your children turn out. Oh, wait... It's the cornerstone of American parenting.

Carry on Canada.  Welcome to the "club."  It's the American Influence.  Just relax, you'll love... It will feel good.

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

yeah but .... 

From the underside of a moose? 

Dont mess with them. When doing a summer with Natural Resources in severely Northen Ontario, a moose charged a parkeded van with 15 passengers and knocked it over with ease

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Lol Canada, that would be going crazy for you guys.

Getting away to nature for a weekend and getting killed by what one assumed wasn’t an attack animal would be a trope, just like wandering off without a compass and a rescue party has to save you

On 8/2/2019 at 10:51 AM, CoachT said:

Up here in Canada we like to look at the crazy shh you Americans do and pretend like we're not crazy too.. But some lunacy has been happening up here. I might have to move further north!!

First we had those two kids playing real life Grand Theft Auto, killing 3 people, stealing cars and evading police and even the Canadian Army(which is probably 3 guys on a Canoe).

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canada-murder-fugitives-live-weeks-wilderness-survival

Now some gamer kid killed his whole family and posted the pics on a gaming forum, because he didn't want them to be ashamed of him since he's been skipping University. WTF

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canada-murder-suspect-toronto-gaming-subhuman

Is gamers and hosers the same thing?

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I heard they found two bodies in the woods that were the suspects in the 3 murders. 

Bravo Mounties 

That's what they are saying, found them within 8kms of their burned out vehicle after they quit searching the woods and sent divers into a lake when they found a small damaged boat they believed they may have used.

55 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That's what they are saying, found them within 8kms of their burned out vehicle after they quit searching the woods and sent divers into a lake when they found a small damaged boat they believed they may have used.

the story would be so much better if it had ended with 

Eaten by bears 

On 8/2/2019 at 1:30 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

They were about to get hit with a HUGE lawsuit for anti-consumer practices.

They did not sell the debt, as any attempt to profit from it would also trigger the lawsuit. None of the communications from Chase say they are moving/selling the debt. They all only say that the debts have been wiped and take it as a gift.

Basically, they decided it was cheaper to wipe the debts than to deal with/settle the lawsuit.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/chase-bank-amazon-visa-marriott-credit-card-debt-1.5239411

Wow, you were right! That's incredible. I still can't underatand why they wouldn't sell the debt!? But it's nice to see the little guy win

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/8/2019 at 12:10 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

the story would be so much better if it had ended with 

Eaten by bears 

True, although they haven't any details about how they were found and what happened....

19 hours ago, CoachT said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/chase-bank-amazon-visa-marriott-credit-card-debt-1.5239411

Wow, you were right! That's incredible. I still can't underatand why they wouldn't sell the debt!? But it's nice to see the little guy win

Wishing I had a chase credit card.....