Democrat Debates

Just now, mead107 said:

Seems like under all of them people will not be able to afford $35 cup of coffee. 
companies will have to pay employees $60 per hour. 

that’s what I hear. 

It’s communism, plain and simple. They can call it what they want, but it’s complete government takeover of the economy. Collapse will surely follow. 

• Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Anything anyone on that stage claims regarding solving the DACA problem is a downright lie. They had their chance to solve it about 2 years ago but saw a temporary defeat for Trump and took advantage of it at the expense of the "Dreamers". 

Looks like Amy borrowed eyebrows from Trudeau. 

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bloomberg has gotten a little better as the debate goes on.

Pete knows Amy’s voting record and rips her on it (immigration). Solid hit for him.

"You've memorized a bunch of talking points and a bunch of things."

Klobuchar, again on the attack against Buttigieg.

She sounded whiny on the second go-around.

It's her best night yet. Too late, but I admire her willingness to tear the roof off the mutha.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, dubs said:

AK is by far the most likable person on that stage. Not saying much but still. 

Seems like she is by a mile.  Although I couldn't help but chuckle when she suggested nominating a woman as the Dem candidate would curb sexism.  Pretty sure they tried that 4 years ago..

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Seems like she is by a mile.  Although I couldn't help but chuckle when she suggested nominating a woman as the Dem candidate would curb sexism.  Pretty sure they tried that 4 years ago..

Her meltdown tonight when Mayor Pete criticized her about the Mexican President really turned me off. 

You can’t be thinned skin like that when going up against Trump. 

1 hour ago, dubs said:

AK is by far the most likable person on that stage. Not saying much but still. 

I disagree. There were two moments, maybe three, when I thought the 'horror employer' reputation was going to surface and she was going to start beating Pete with her mic for not remembering to bring muffins on Muffin Monday.

If you don't know what he stands for and just tuned in, Pete was most likable by far.