Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gugny

Who's Most Responsible for Pats* Dynasty: Brady or Belichick?

Who's Most Responsible for Pats* Dynasty: Brady or Belichick?  

232 members have voted

  1. 1. Who's Most Responsible for Pats* Dynasty: Brady or Belichick?



Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Not sure how you can say he would be successful elsewhere. Different team, different coach different owner etc. Too many variables 

GOAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Not sure how you can say he would be successful elsewhere. Different team, different coach different owner etc. Too many variables 

Would you say the same of the other elite QB's or are you implying Brady is simply a product of his environment?

 

He doesn't have elite physical talent, but he's an elite QB. Best to ever play IMO. Would Joe Montana, John Elway, Johnny Unitas, Favre/Rodgers not have been successful elsewhere? 

 

ELITE QB's will win a lot of games over the course of their career. An OLD Montana took a "decent" Chiefs team to the AFC Championship. I liked the results of that game, but the point stands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Would you say the same of the other elite QB's or are you implying Brady is simply a product of his environment?

 

He doesn't have elite physical talent, but he's an elite QB. Best to ever play IMO. Would Joe Montana, John Elway, Johnny Unitas, Favre/Rodgers not have been successful elsewhere? 

 

ELITE QB's will win a lot of games over the course of their career. An OLD Montana took a "decent" Chiefs team to the AFC Championship. I liked the results of that game, but the point stands.

 

Montana, Elway, Unitas, Favre and Rodgers combined to win 9 Super Bowls.   Rodgers being the only one who won in "today's" NFL.

 

Brady is the GOAT (in my opinion).  But the fact that guys like Rodgers (1), Roethlisberger (2), Stafford (look at his stats before you say he doesn't belong in the conversation; he does) (0) and Rivers (0) have NOT been part of dynasties solidifies the fact that Bill Belichick is, between him and Brady, the most responsible for the Patriots* dynasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

Montana, Elway, Unitas, Favre and Rodgers combined to win 9 Super Bowls.   Rodgers being the only one who won in "today's" NFL.

 

Brady is the GOAT (in my opinion).  But the fact that guys like Rodgers (1), Roethlisberger (2), Stafford (look at his stats before you say he doesn't belong in the conversation; he does) (0) and Rivers (0) have NOT been part of dynasties solidifies the fact that Bill Belichick is, between him and Brady, the most responsible for the Patriots* dynasty.

Great point, although I strongly disagree about Matt Stafford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

Montana, Elway, Unitas, Favre and Rodgers combined to win 9 Super Bowls.   Rodgers being the only one who won in "today's" NFL.

 

Brady is the GOAT (in my opinion).  

Brady is the GOAT IMO as well. I was responding to the poster who insinuated that Brady may have failed elsewhere. That line of thinking comes from the false narrative that Brady is a product of the system. Nobody would say such a thing about John Elway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

Please just look at these stats.  Ridiculous.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StafMa00.htm

stafford.JPG

I don't want to get too sidetracked, but those are not Hall of Fame stats.  Stafford is basically Eli Manning without the Super Bowl rings.  Significantly less impressive stats than guys like Roethlisberger, Russ Wilson and even Philip Rivers.  I'm talking about things like YPA and TD/Int. ratio.  And of course, Stafford just doesn't win games, or at least, not very many.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don't want to get too sidetracked, but those are not Hall of Fame stats.  Stafford is basically Eli Manning without the Super Bowl rings.  Significantly less impressive stats than guys like Roethlisberger, Russ Wilson and even Philip Rivers.  I'm talking about things like YPA and TD/Int. ratio.  And of course, Stafford just doesn't win games, or at least, not very many.

 

That's actually my point.  You put Stafford on a team with Bill Belichick as the HC/GM ... hell ... you replace Brady with Stafford ... and there's still a dynasty in NE.  Perhaps not 9 Super Bowls with 6 wins; but multiple wins.

 

Stafford's zero Super Bowls, Rivers' zero Super Bowls and Roethlisberger's two .... it's because they didn't have stellar coaching/GM performance.

 

I think it just underscores the importance of solid brass and coaching, which was the point of the poll/original question.

 

I think it solidifies the fact that Bill Belichick is mostly responsible for the dynasty ... even though he couldn't have done it without Brady.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

Montana, Elway, Unitas, Favre and Rodgers combined to win 9 Super Bowls.   Rodgers being the only one who won in "today's" NFL.

 

Brady is the GOAT (in my opinion).  But the fact that guys like Rodgers (1), Roethlisberger (2), Stafford (look at his stats before you say he doesn't belong in the conversation; he does) (0) and Rivers (0) have NOT been part of dynasties solidifies the fact that Bill Belichick is, between him and Brady, the most responsible for the Patriots* dynasty.

I’m sorry, the fact that Brady is the GOAT proves your point how?

 

Stafford? Stats?

 

youre drinking again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’m sorry, the fact that Brady is the GOAT proves your point how?

 

Stafford? Stats?

 

youre drinking again

 

I'm not going to report you.  I'm going to beat you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

This would seem to indicate that a QB CAN indeed go from the 53% +/- completion range up into the mid-60’s. I read that was impossible....somewhere.....

 

I did too but and had the person on ignore but the claim was so outrageous I saw it anyways because someone quoted it.

 

 

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

I think it just underscores the importance of solid brass and coaching, which was the point of the poll/original question.

 

 

Solid brass balls are needed yes to cheat so much and claim you did not need it to win.  If this was a divorce any judge not on TV would give a divorce on grounds of infidelity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

I'm not going to report you.  I'm going to beat you.

 

Will this be a PPV cage event? Where do I sign up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

That's actually my point.  You put Stafford on a team with Bill Belichick as the HC/GM ... hell ... you replace Brady with Stafford ... and there's still a dynasty in NE.  Perhaps not 9 Super Bowls with 6 wins; but multiple wins.

 

Stafford's zero Super Bowls, Rivers' zero Super Bowls and Roethlisberger's two .... it's because they didn't have stellar coaching/GM performance.

 

I think it just underscores the importance of solid brass and coaching, which was the point of the poll/original question.

 

I think it solidifies the fact that Bill Belichick is mostly responsible for the dynasty ... even though he couldn't have done it without Brady.

 

8 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’m sorry, the fact that Brady is the GOAT proves your point how?

 

Stafford? Stats?

 

youre drinking again

 

The two of you need to do Russian Roulette but with shot glasses of vodka and random shots will be laced with cyanide. 

 

I have not seen so much arguing since last time I was called in to help moderate an argument between a couple who had divorced.  I told them I had no solution other than get remarried.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

Will this be a PPV cage event? Where do I sign up? 

 

One way for SDS to earn money for site.

37 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

This would seem to indicate that a QB CAN indeed go from the 53% +/- completion range up into the mid-60’s. I read that was impossible....somewhere.....

 

More important is he went from being injured to being available for every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

Will this be a PPV cage event? Where do I sign up? 

 

LIVE and in person, only.  It won't last long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

LIVE and in person, only.  It won't last long.

 

Wait...this isn’t a restroom at a highway rest area thing, is it?  :sick:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

Wait...this isn’t a restroom at a highway rest area thing, is it?  :sick:

 

Don't be silly.  That's way before dinner.

  • Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gugny said:

 

Don't be silly.  That's way before dinner.

I would hope it would be after dinner and flowers, show some class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I would hope it would be after dinner and flowers, show some class

 

Where I come from, we EARN things like dinner and flowers!

  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 12:37 AM, Gugny said:

Obviously, both BB and Brady are largely responsible for the dynasty.  

 

But who do you think is MOST responsible?

 

 

 

Belichick, because he drafted Brady.

 

Kidding. Brady. Belichick's terrific, but Brady is the main reason, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...