USCG sub wrangling

There is an urban legend that being a person in the Coast Guard who jumps in the water requires training that is more difficult than any other training in any other branch of service.   I know nothing, I’m just repeating what I’ve heard.... from Coast Guard folks. 

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

There is an urban legend that being a person in the Coast Guard who jumps in the water requires training that is more difficult than any other training in any other branch of service.   I know nothing, I’m just repeating what I’ve heard.... from Coast Guard folks. 

That's only when the Coast Guard was Department of Transportation, not Homeland.  Before Article 10 powers were activated for USCG.

AOC will do away with Department of Homeland and make USCG DoT again!

MUSCGGA!

55 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I saw that last night...did the CG ship have massive guns on it or something? Why did that sub just not dive?

Because they were waiting for the lead acid batteries from 1943 to charge!

Duh!!!

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Is the value the same after it gets soaked with sea water?  The video would have been better if they just shot a big hole in it.

Uh... NEWSFLASH:  It's 2019.  Plastic, sealed packaging has been invented.

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

@ExiledInIllinois and his crew have never acted in such a brave and selfless way.  This is why they'll always be the little brother of the USCG.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1028986

USACE is the only US Agency withOUT law enforcement.  AND the USACE deals with has the most daily interactions with the general public.  It's the oldest in the Military too... Formed a day before @ the Battle of Bunker Hill, 6/16/1775.

Law enforcement is for chumps, over officious jerks.  Many other ways to get people to comply to laws than being an over officious jerk!

/newbs

14 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's only when the Coast Guard was Department of Transportation, not Homeland.  Before Article 10 powers were activated for USCG.

AOC will do away with Department of Homeland and make USCG DoT again!

MUSCGGA!

Because they were waiting for the lead acid batteries from 1943 to charge!

Duh!!!

Uh... NEWSFLASH:  It's 2019.  Plastic, sealed packaging has been invented.

Maybe not for salt water.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

USACE is the only US Agency withOUT law enforcement.  AND the USACE deals with has the most daily interactions with the general public.  It's the oldest in the Military too... Formed a day before @ the Battle of Bunker Hill, 6/16/1775.

Law enforcement is for chumps, over officious jerks.  Many other ways to get people to comply to laws than being an over officious jerk!

/newbs

Do you get to carry water pistols or Super Soakers?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I'm certain SEAL and other special forces training is much more rigorous physically, and landing on an aircraft carrier is pretty challenging and incredibly intense.

Kudos to the coasties though. that was a good get. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

/newbs

I hear you like to take pictures of your patrons. Tell me @ExiledInIllinois do you have signed release forms from them?